Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:53
I would say the two things the Packers have done incredibly well in my lifetime as a fan is incredibly consistent play at the QB position and Offensive Line.

There are essentially 3 seasons where our offensive line has been horrible: 2005, 2015 and 2018. Those seasons are also likely the worst seasons for me as a fan. I don't know if it's a Stenovich leaving to OC thing or what....but it's absolutely astonishing to me how bad this group has gotten when we have all of our guys back.

I never dreamed they would be this bad with Bak and Jenkins out. Because we weren't last year.
It's time for the Jenkins RT experiment and Newman as a starter to end. Get Tom or Nijman in there. It can't be much worse and could be a hell of a lot better.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 08:57
go pak go wrote:
I would say the two things the Packers have done incredibly well in my lifetime as a fan is incredibly consistent play at the QB position and Offensive Line.

There are essentially 3 seasons where our offensive line has been horrible: 2005, 2015 and 2018. Those seasons are also likely the worst seasons for me as a fan. I don't know if it's a Stenovich leaving to OC thing or what....but it's absolutely astonishing to me how bad this group has gotten when we have all of our guys back.

I never dreamed they would be this bad with Bak and Jenkins out. Because we weren't last year.
It's time for the Jenkins RT experiment and Newman as a starter to end. Get Tom or Nijman in there. It can't be much worse and could be a hell of a lot better.
I think people can tell I am pretty fed up. My outlook on this team is incredibly bleak.

Honestly I was still very optimistic at halftime because of our defense. But the 2nd half rolls around and our defense does its patented "allow three straight drives" and the offense does this garbage by pulling Royce Newman and inserting Jake Hanson only to see Hanson get hurt AND THEN PUTS BACK ROYCE NEWMAN.

I mean how laughable is that? You pull a player due to poor play and then insert that play immediately back in the game. :rotf: At that point I lost all respect for our coaching staff. I don't know why it was such a pivotal moment for me, but that moment screamed declining days of Mike McCarthyism so, so much.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:07
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I think people can tell I am pretty fed up. My outlook on this team is incredibly bleak.

Honestly I was still very optimistic at halftime because of our defense. But the 2nd half rolls around and our defense does its patented "allow three straight drives" and the offense does this garbage by pulling Royce Newman and inserting Jake Hanson only to see Hanson get hurt AND THEN PUTS BACK ROYCE NEWMAN.

I mean how laughable is that? You pull a player due to poor play and then insert that play immediately back in the game. :rotf: At that point I lost all respect for our coaching staff. I don't know why it was such a pivotal moment for me, but that moment screamed declining days of Mike McCarthyism so, so much.
When I look at it, I see a dreadful lack of self-scout and planning. It isn't the fact that Newman was put back in for Hanson when he went down, it was that we had no other plan for a RG. If you are a coaching staff and have been watching Newman struggle all year and were on the brink of pulling him anyway, why was your only option Jake Hanson? Hanson was your plan A after Newman, but you had no plan B?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Last edited by Pckfn23 on 17 Oct 2022 09:34, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:32

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to lean towards this being the worst loss in Packers history. Like this is worse than losing AZ in 2018 level because at least that game was close.

We lost by three scores at home to a bad QB and team who by and large (outside of Sauce and Williams) played bad. Or at the least not great.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I don't get the criticism of Rodgers in this game. All game long, he was playing behind some of the absolute worst offensive line play I have ever seen. People are getting on him for bad accuracy and poor decisions. I have some news for you. The guy isn't a Madden character. If he gets hit hard enough and often enough, he's going to remember it. Anybody ever play QB behind a line that can't block? He knows that if the Packers want a chance to win, he's going to need to force some balls with this WR corps. And he knows that he's probably not going to have much time with this crap offensive line. I don't mind criticizing AR and won't deny that some of it is deserved but thinking that Love playing wouldn't have gotten us BTFO by the end of the first half is insanity.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

who else did you want them to put in? why is it fans right away want to think they know more then the coaches about the ability of personal on game day.

the coverage was pretty good, in fact very good for most of the game, the ability to stop the run was poor again, and imo the biggest culprit is the rookie lber and edge containment.

the defense is on the field to much, get this OL playing better and the defense will improve, everything will improve.

instead of people looking for root causes for our ineptness, people want to blame everything, everything snowballs when the OL can't block, I think I learned that playing pee wee back back in the 50's, obviously you missed those lessons :thwap: :rotf: relax, we won a SB losing 6 games and about 7 starters, some backups, don't jump ship yet.
Last edited by Yoop on 17 Oct 2022 09:53, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:48
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

who else did you want them to put in?
literally anyone not named Royce Newman.

But honestly this whole Elgton Jenkins at RT experiment needs to end now. That's the most egregious thing.

It just isn't working. He isn't a right tackle.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

The more I think about it, the more I am starting to lean towards this being the worst loss in Packers history. Like this is worse than losing AZ in 2018 level because at least that game was close.

We lost by three scores at home to a bad QB and team who by and large (outside of Sauce and Williams) played bad. Or at the least not great.
Jets are 4-2, not because they are bad. Far from the worst loss in Packer history. A game we should have won if we had some semblance of an offense and the special teams was not a disaster. It felt like we were still jet lagged from a week ago...

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

It’s almost like I said the best offensive line before the season started was Bak, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Tom because the drop off with Newman was so extreme.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:57
It’s almost like I said the best offensive line before the season started was Bak, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Tom because the drop off with Newman was so extreme.
Coming out of TC half the forum was suggesting a lineup that did not include Newman. Now pretty much everyone is screaming for his removal. You being among the many who called for Newman's benching is not exactly profound.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:48
go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2022 19:35
bud fox wrote:
16 Oct 2022 15:33
Wrs poor
Oline poor
Qb good
Rbs good but just not that valuable
:rotf: :rotf:
QB who is back to back MVP and beat rated passer of all time isn't good?

Don't embarress yourself.
There were a few poor ( low) passes but I'd like to know if any other QB would have done any better behind that line and that receiving corps yesterday.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Drj820 wrote:
16 Oct 2022 17:46
Rodgers says offense needs to simplify scheme In order to be able to execute it.

I’m personally shocked simplifying the scheme wasn’t an automatic step one as soon as we decided to run the offense with rookie WRs and Hammy Watkins
Maybe Rodgers is right about simplifying the scheme. (Isn’t that what they said they’d do with the rookie WRs?) But the fact is that the OLine FAILED several times to pass off stunting linemen. That is BASIC pro level football. Simplifying scheme won’t help that.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 10:21
Jenkins on the other hand had a rough day. And Runyon/Myers had a worse day yet.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:35
Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:13
go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 06:35
I don't think OBJ being out there yesterday would make a marked difference or our offense.

Our offense sucked because everyone on the Oline except Meyers got absolutely destroyed all day and Aaron Rodgers made poor decision after poor decision and threw bad ball after bad ball.

I just think there is too much of an emphasis on using the WRs as a crutch because it makes people feel good inside that "they aren't wrong". I thought honestly the best play of the day was made by our WRs. Lazard and Doubs both had AMAZING receptions.

And I am constantly hearing from people who watch the All-22 that our WRs are getting open every play. Romeo Doubs doesn't get close to an elite level PFF grade or "highest graded" by Andy Herman vs the Giants last week with little production because he isn't getting open.
you want to blame Rodgers, and he deserves his share, but in the time Rodgers has to set up and throw rarely is a receiver open, against man coverage all of our receivers struggle, you and others can high light when one is, but Rodgers under pressure can't see every receiver at every moment of a single play, even on the deep passes that are a bit off target, whats obvious is that receivers aren't tracking some of those passes which amounts to them not adjusting to make a catch.

I admit Rodgers has not been as sharp as he normally is, but this group of WR's don't worry DC's, we don't have a receiver that demands more then single coverage, they rarely ever even win a 1x1 contest.

from a clean pocket Rodgers has been one of the best in the league, but he's rarely had clean pockets this season.

theres a lot of blame to go around, but Guty not doing a better job of keeping the receiver group stocked with better talent tops my list, and all 22 with it's areal view can be used to show receivers open all the time, and on every play, but thats hardly the view a QB has trying to avoid pressure will scanning 3 or 4 receiver routes, Rodgers was pounded yesterday, but as usual he gets the majority of the blame.

lets sit him and play Love
Our primary issues on offense yesterday was the putrid lack of tryig to block anyone from the Oline and then Rodgers.

The skill position players were bad too. Especially AJ Dillon. Good lord was he bad.

But the blocking was atrocious. I can't think of any excuse how an Oline as good as we have can play so poorly.

The receiver discussion is like 3rd on the list of issues that need to get cleaned up. I have no issues saying we lack talent or experienced talent there. That's obvious. But the level of emphasis being placed on the WRs when there are clearly other more pressing issues is the laughable piece.

Like the thought that an OBJ or DJ Moore can just be plugged in and this offense turns successful is laughable.
I agreed with your post until the last sentence. I would think either player would be an improvement over the receiver room we have presently.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:53
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Jets are 4-2, not because they are bad. Far from the worst loss in Packer history. A game we should have won if we had some semblance of an offense and the special teams was not a disaster. It felt like we were still jet lagged from a week ago...
Ah crap.

I meant in my Packers history. And I mean that because big time losses (3 scores or more) at home like this when expectations are high have not happened often in my lifetime as a fan. 2004 vs Tennessee, 2016 vs Dallas come to mind. But those games had the Packers either already have a bad record or the opponent was the top team in the conference.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
17 Oct 2022 11:13
I would think either player would be an improvement over the receiver room we have presently.
Sure, but they will not be the missing link that completely turns this offense around. There are much deeper issues that are plaguing this offense.