Titans @ Packers GDT: Thursday, Nov. 17th, 7:15 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Seems to be plenty of rubbish discussion atm.

Its not a great team. We will get better. Our drafting has been terrible it needs to get back on track

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

My three biggest complaints:
1. Rodgers has to be great for us to win. He's missed too many throws this year. Maybe the thumb,, but it is what it is.
2. Barry's defense is just way too passive. Depends on other team screwing up.
3. MLF is too predictable. The 2nd drive in 4th quarter should have been no-huddle. He does nothing to try to spark the offense. He thinks he's a hockey coach shuffling guys every play. Easy to defend when your personnel groups determine your play call.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Randall Cobb post-game:
"You lose another one and you might as well say we're probably out."
Probably?

Uh, Randall? You guys are already out. It's just not mathematically "official" yet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

go pak go wrote:
17 Nov 2022 17:01
WE AREN'T DEAD YET.
Yeah....pretty sure we are dead.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 00:11
Drj820 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:44
German_Panzer wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:07

… against a weaker Dallas side.
He doesn’t get it and won’t get it. Don’t waste your time
What is there to "get?" You want to believe that Dallas is an inferior team so it makes the Packers look worse? Why? How was Dallas this inferior team? We played a good Dallas team and beat them. We just played a good Tennessee team and lost. We aren't anywhere near consistent or playing up to potential each week.
Agreed. Definitely was a winnable game.

You have to make the plays when the plays are there to be made. And vs Dallas, we did that.

Against TEN, we also had to make the plays when the plays were there to be made. Rodgers missed a few key passes in the 4th quarter, the refs missed a DPI on Lazard in the EZ, the Titans got a gift reception that wasn't a catch and the Titans had some huge plays that were obvious holds that the refs kept their flag in their pocket.

Football isn't that hard. At the end of the day, you have to make the plays that are there to be made. There were just too many mistakes last night while the opposing quarterback was dropping dimes.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:26
Pugger wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Nov 2022 22:40

I’ve been saying for 4 weeks now I believe he is throwing games. He knows this is a bad coach and GM. Best thing to do is to get them fired or he goes somewhere with less &%$@ decision makers.
If he purposely plays like crap other GMs may conclude his best days are behind him and will decide to go with a younger QB plus not get saddled with that salary. If word gets out he is throwing games his legacy is in ruins. Or he gets his HC and/ or GM fired and at this stage of his career has to start over with a new staff.

I truly believe we'll end up below .500 this year. I doubt Gute or MLF are going anywhere no matter what happens. This offseason Rodgers will have to decide to either return in 2023, ask for trade or hang up his cleats.
Gutey and MLF just got extensions last offseason. They aren't going anywhere. And I don't buy the throwing the games either.
No one based in reality does.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 06:46
paco wrote:
Pugger wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:23

If he purposely plays like crap other GMs may conclude his best days are behind him and will decide to go with a younger QB plus not get saddled with that salary. If word gets out he is throwing games his legacy is in ruins. Or he gets his HC and/ or GM fired and at this stage of his career has to start over with a new staff.

I truly believe we'll end up below .500 this year. I doubt Gute or MLF are going anywhere no matter what happens. This offseason Rodgers will have to decide to either return in 2023, ask for trade or hang up his cleats.
Gutey and MLF just got extensions last offseason. They aren't going anywhere. And I don't buy the throwing the games either.
I think the theory of Rodgers intentionally throwing games as early as September makes more sense than the recently extended GM and HC keeping their job next year.

Come on BF
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

this game centers on blocking and tackling as Lombardi said many years ago, we did pretty well limiting Henry, it required 8 or more up front to do so, left us open to PA passes, and our coverage was poor, again up against a stout DL our OL becomes inconsistent, can't count on the run, or pass pro, Rodgers didn't have a good game, but he wasn't the reason we lost, we lost this game in the trenches, our DL got pushed around, and our OL has struggled all year

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Other than the emergence of #9 Christian Watson and another win over Da Bears, this whole season has evolved into a large pile of doggie doo doo. Got a few more games to go before a final analysis of the doo doo is complete.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:08
this game centers on blocking and tackling as Lombardi said many years ago, we did pretty well limiting Henry, it required 8 or more up front to do so, left us open to PA passes, and our coverage was poor, again up against a stout DL our OL becomes inconsistent, can't count on the run, or pass pro, Rodgers didn't have a good game, but he wasn't the reason we lost, we lost this game in the trenches, our DL got pushed around, and our OL has struggled all year
I thought our trenches played well enough to win. Clark showed back up yesterday and TJ Slayton / Jarron Reed were wreaking havoc in spots. Again I thought Rodgers was protected well. Run game had its moments. That is a legit run defense.

I think the game came down to playing off coverage on 3rd and long, Tannehill not missing when it seemed Barry depended on it, a bullsh*t drive in the 2nd half to put the Titans at 20 points, and Rodgers missing some key throws in the 4th quarter.

But of course, none of this entire post matters. The only thing that will trigger people is me pointing out the missed throws to Watkins and Lazard.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:04
BF004 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 06:46
paco wrote:

I think the theory of Rodgers intentionally throwing games as early as September makes more sense than the recently extended GM and HC keeping their job next year.

Come on BF
if that where true this team would have imploded, we'd be seeing players quitting, maybe we have, and I'am just not seeing it, He's had a few poor passes, but he has tried to rally the players, cheers players on when they do well, doesn't show any quit, like everything else concerning the team this year, he's also been inconsistent, it's like we have a inconsistency disease this year.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:20
Yoop wrote:
I thought our trenches played well enough to win. Clark showed back up yesterday and TJ Slayton / Jarron Reed were wreaking havoc in spots. Again I thought Rodgers was protected well. Run game had its moments. That is a legit run defense.

I think the game came down to playing off coverage on 3rd and long, Tannehill not missing when it seemed Barry depended on it, a bullsh*t drive in the 2nd half to put the Titans at 20 points, and Rodgers missing some key throws in the 4th quarter.

But of course, none of this entire post matters. The only thing that will trigger people is me pointing out the missed throws to Watkins and Lazard.
Yes..........the 42 million dollar quarterback showed up fantastically again. :messedup:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

how can you play man when you have 8 and often 9 men in the box, our DT's got pushed around, so we needed both ILB's and Amos, Savage and even Ford up near the LOS most of the game.

and our run blocking again couldn't deliver the yardage against there DL, nor did they provide enough protection for Rodgers to set up, he was constantly avoiding rushers, so obvious, yet you and others here simply refuse to recognize that, I'am not defending Rodgers several poor throws, rather pointing out he was NOT the reason we lost this game.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

The Packers have come back down to earth, after a long period of supremacy. No shame in that. It is frustrating to the players and to the fan base. But we’ve had 30 years of very good football.

To me, there are two issues. First, Packers are NOT playing up to the talent level of the team. Second, #12 is not at all consistent any more. Both of those issues need to be resolved.

For the talent level, coaching should adapt. Adaptation is a part of the league. And we are a couple of years behind in that. I think primarily of the D. It is not the risk-taking, pressure-making D that I hoped for when we hired Barry. If we weren’t going to go in that direction, whey didn’t we just keep Capers!

For Rodgers, I wish I knew more if his troubles were mostly about his thumb or not. But I suspect it’s more mental. His errant throws are stacking up. Most of that might be about the thumb. But it’s clear that he misses many opportunities that he used to exploit. Yeah, he suffers from inexperienced WRs too. No doubt. But the “reigning MVP” should be able to alleviate some of that and he isn’t. There’s not a lot wrong with playing like you’re a middle of the pack QB. But everybody, including the Packers and #12, expect more.

The old adage says that it’s better to let go of a player when it’s too early than to do it when it’s too late. I’m sure he could succeed some more with another team and a change of scenery. Favre did. But the Pack needs to move on.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:23
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Yes..........the 42 million dollar quarterback showed up fantastically again. :messedup:
come on Ringo, rarely where receivers open, you and others over focus on a couple missed passes, and neglect the poor blocking, and the 9 man boxes, thats not a Rodgers problem, most of Rodgers passes where to covered receivers.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:31
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:23
go pak go wrote:

come on Ringo, rarely where receivers open, you and others over focus on a couple missed passes, and neglect the poor blocking, and the 9 man boxes, thats not a Rodgers problem, most of Rodgers passes where to covered receivers.
Hey ......... check this out.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
The Packers have come back down to earth, after a long period of supremacy. No shame in that. It is frustrating to the players and to the fan base. But we’ve had 30 years of very good football.

To me, there are two issues. First, Packers are NOT playing up to the talent level of the team. Second, #12 is not at all consistent any more. Both of those issues need to be resolved.

For the talent level, coaching should adapt. Adaptation is a part of the league. And we are a couple of years behind in that. I think primarily of the D. It is not the risk-taking, pressure-making D that I hoped for when we hired Barry. If we weren’t going to go in that direction, whey didn’t we just keep Capers!

For Rodgers, I wish I knew more if his troubles were mostly about his thumb or not. But I suspect it’s more mental. His errant throws are stacking up. Most of that might be about the thumb. But it’s clear that he misses many opportunities that he used to exploit. Yeah, he suffers from inexperienced WRs too. No doubt. But the “reigning MVP” should be able to alleviate some of that and he isn’t. There’s not a lot wrong with playing like you’re a middle of the pack QB. But everybody, including the Packers and #12, expect more.

The old adage says that it’s better to let go of a player when it’s too early than to do it when it’s too late. I’m sure he could succeed some more with another team and a change of scenery. Favre did. But the Pack needs to move on.
first. it's true Rodgers isn't as consistent as he normally has been, but all QB's miss receivers, last night we saw a couple, but Tenn. had very good coverage most of the game.
Second. Capers squads hadn't the talent assembled on this team the last 4 years for most of his tenure, our defense has under achieved most of the season, and it falls squarely on Barry

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

Scott4Pack wrote:
"Supremacy" is defined as "the state or condition of being superior to all others in authority, power, or status."

There is most certainly a portion of the fan base that fervently believes in the Packers supremacy in comparison to the rest of the NFL and that narrative has undoubtedly been fostered by Packers management and, in most cases, the local Wisconsin press that covers the team.

In point of fact, the Packers have not been superior to the every other NFL team for 12 long seasons.

They have not even been superior to the other 15 NFC teams in any season since 2010.

If supremacy in the form of a Lombardi trophy is the goal, as it should be, then this is a franchise that has not been supreme but on one occasion this century.

Even worse, the Packers look likely to be anything but supreme over the next few seasons while committed to an aging, declining, expensive quarterback, continued poor special teams play, and the usual meh to bad defensive play.

Sorry, but the idea that the Packers have experienced a long period of supremacy sounds like something Mark Murphy would say at the annual shareholders meeting to mask the indisputable fact that the Packers have been and will continue to be anything but supreme.
Last edited by LombardiTime on 18 Nov 2022 07:53, edited 1 time in total.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 03:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Nov 2022 00:11
Drj820 wrote:
17 Nov 2022 23:44

He doesn’t get it and won’t get it. Don’t waste your time
What is there to "get?" You want to believe that Dallas is an inferior team so it makes the Packers look worse? Why? How was Dallas this inferior team? We played a good Dallas team and beat them. We just played a good Tennessee team and lost. We aren't anywhere near consistent or playing up to potential each week.
What is to get is that the cowboys had the packers beat too. Up 14 in the 4th. Dak and McCarthy basically gifted us the chance to get back in the game through their own stupidity. They out stupided us and we were able to win. Titans are well coached. They did nothing to hand us any gifts.
The Packers took advantage of an opportunities the Cowboys gave them. The Cowboys didn't play poorly in the 4th quarter, but they didn't play well. On the other hand the Packers played very well. A 195 game streak doesn't get broke without a little from both sides. And the Titans didn't hand us any gifts? What about the 2nd and 1 INT? The difference between Sunday and Thursday was the Packers, plain and simple. We did not do enough to win the game in the 2nd half. A lot of missed opportunities.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Nov 2022 07:28
how can you play man when you have 8 and often 9 men in the box,
You have to play man in that instance... If you are dedicating 8 or 9 to stopping the run and you have just enough coverage guys as they have route runners, there is no way to play zone...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."