Eagles @ Packers GDT - 3:25 - CBS

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
07 Dec 2020 00:02
Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 15:44
JK Scott, low quality.
I have concerns about Scott. He looked good as a rookie but has regressed steadily since.
Every year he starts off super hot and as the season progresses he goes to &%$@. I’m not sure if it’s weather related but then again he does it on the road in domes.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:24
I want to see Rush on the field. 6'5", 360lbs? oh, my.
He wasn't active for this game.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:51
Can we please just say that Rashan Gary is good now? Not getting there. Not rising. Just plain 'ol good.
He is proving Gute right. A lot of us really didn't like this pick.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

packman114 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:55
So is that 6 quarters for MVS without a catch?
We have to give him props for his blocking, however.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Drj820 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:59
MVS can’t track a ball, it has to hit him where his hands already are
I've seen the poor guy drop balls that hit his hands...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
06 Dec 2020 17:36
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Dec 2020 17:35
How is Dolly Parton still alive??
Good lungs. :munch:
:lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
06 Dec 2020 17:57
I can't believe taking a delay of game there
That penalty messed up that entire series. Rodgers flirts with that all the time and it drives me crazy. :swear:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:08
Giants win
:banana: :woohoo:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:47
German_Panzer wrote:
06 Dec 2020 18:46
I don't wanna say this feels like a loss but let it put me this way: our NFC rivals won't mind meeting us in the Playoffs. :messedup:
Totally disagree
Our defense has issues but this offense of ours is like a machine. The only time we struggle is when we screw up. If we execute like we are capable of we are almost impossible to handle.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19
We're not a complete team. But then no one else is the NFC is either.

This is a very good team that if it gets hot at the right time can beat anyone anywhere.

I'm pretty happy with our chances.
The team we are chasing - the Saints - had to hold off a 4 win team in Atlanta today. Arguably the best team in the AFC struggled to put away a poor Denver team tonight. Seattle looked terrible at home against the Gmen. We had the largest margin of victory on Sunday. We have our warts but no team in this league is unbeatable.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:22
But if we are going to give up 17 points, I will take it by doing it on 4th and 18 and a punt return.

Those are flukes.
And we had a pretty decent lead at the time.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Pugger wrote:
07 Dec 2020 00:06
lulu wrote:
06 Dec 2020 16:16
Ref kinda looks like Captain Kangaroo.

Most of you have no idea who that is...
I remember him and Mr. Green Jeans. Pugger = :favre:
I remeber the Banana Man. :banana: Apparently they hated having him on the show because his coat smelled so bad. :guitar:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
07 Dec 2020 00:41
go pak go wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:22
But if we are going to give up 17 points, I will take it by doing it on 4th and 18 and a punt return.

Those are flukes.
And we had a pretty decent lead at the time.
The defense only gave up 10 points. NIce to see Gary #52 coming on.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

We are a good team. We are a much better team than last year. We have a great O. But the sins of the previous regime shouldn't keep cropping up. And yet our STs are a mess. Missed extra points. Horrible coverage units. Inconsistant punting. Our issues on 3rd and long are rivaling some of Dom's teams. But the D is showing signs that they could go on a run come the playoffs like Colts D did in 06.

I'm hoping for the ghost of Desmond Howard to possess Austin and give us some returns beyond the 22 yard line. Maybe that will kick the STs back in gear.

In 2014 at this stage we weren't the best team in the league. But our lack of injuries that year made us the best team by the end, even though it didn't work out. There is still a lot of time to improve. I expect to be better in four weeks. The mistakes are frustrating, but as long as we keep winning they do us a service since they become coaching points. They keep the team working to improve. The 2011 team suffered a bit from too many Winner's Mondays where problems get lost.

As for opponants I've never taken the Seahawks seriously. They have nothing. Watching NO yesterday shows a good team, but a team we'll crush. If Matt Ryan could throw the ball on time the falcons would have walked away with it. I'm more worried about the WCs. TB put a game together against us and they could always do it again. I want the bye to sit back and watch some of the teams that match up better against us taken out or weakened.

But this is the team that should be the on odds favorate to get to the SB and then who knows. :woohoo: :cheer: :worship:
Go Pack Go!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

These are fun.
RIP JustJeff

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Random in-throw: I have to say, seeing JK Scott trying to tackle is embarrassing. Crosby I remember being OK, Favre was also borderline embarrassing, Rodgers I recall to be a decent and willing tackler. I think a punter should at least know how-to and be willing to throw himself at a guy. When you look at JK Scott you suspect he has his iPhone 12 somewhere in his pocket. :woohoo:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
07 Dec 2020 06:25

In 2014 at this stage we weren't the best team in the league. But our lack of injuries that year made us the best team by the end, even though it didn't work out. There is still a lot of time to improve. I expect to be better in four weeks. The mistakes are frustrating, but as long as we keep winning they do us a service since they become coaching points. They keep the team working to improve. The 2011 team suffered a bit from too many Winner's Mondays where problems get lost.
Definitely not true. We were the best team in the conference at this point in 2014. At this point, we just came off a whooping the Falcons on Monday Night at Halftime only to witness the best half of footall I have ever seen by a WR in Julio Jones. We also absolutely destroyed the Bears, going 42-0 at halftime and Eagles as well as beating the Patriots with Bellicheck gushing over MM.

Our weak spot in 2014 was losing to Buffalo which put the game in Seattle.

Our 2014 defense improved significantly when we put Matthews at ILB and as you stated, we were very healthy.
But our defense that stretch after the bye only allowed more than 21 points in one game. It was a very good stretch.
image.png
image.png (35.58 KiB) Viewed 360 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Love this tweet:
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

I really appreciate YoHo for what he's been saying the last few weeks, and I know I'm as guilty as any about it. But he's right, this is supposed to be fun! Who knows how many more seasons we'll get like this - we should be relishing it. How quickly we forget how 2017-2018 tasted. And I get that 2019 has left a bad taste in our mouth but like YoHo said, this team is not 2019's team - we are much better IMO. You could argue at this point that we will end up with statistically the best Packers offense in GB history, which is really saying something considering 2011. And Rodgers is probably playing that good right now. In 2019, we won in spite of Rodgers a lot of the time - that's why we all knew we'd never beat SF. Now, we are winning because we have the best player in football again. In a one game playoff format, that means we can beat any team in the league - and I ain't scared of nobody.

I think back about how worked up I was getting during the 2010 season and wish I could've told myself "Relax dude, this is gonna be fun". Why should I spend another season like that? Not saying we will win the SB or anything, but crap.

As for yesterday, there's not really much to complain about other than our ST, but whatever. Just start telling Scott to punt the ball out of bounds I guess. The defense had one bad play all day. Other than that 4th and 18 TD, they gave up 3 freaking points. If it takes a couple of bad offenses to build their confidence, then so be it. Also, Z, Clark, and Preston had a 'meeting' with Pettine about how they're playing, which makes the way we played yesterday super encouraging in hindsight. And our offense is as efficient as ever. I was never worried that we would lose the game. Honestly, the only thing I thought about during the game was what YoHo would consider a blowout, since he mentioned earlier that this would be the first game all year that he'd be disappointed in if we didn't blow them out. :lol:

We've got 4 games left in our season and we are once again fighting for the #1 seed in the conference. We have as good of a chance at the SB as any team in the NFC. I've wanted a SB party for so long - I remember telling my wife after Burnett picked Wilson in 2014, "OK, let's start planning the party" :messedup: We might get one this year - I'll worry about beating the Chiefs/Steelers once we get there. For now, let's enjoy the ride.

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
06 Dec 2020 19:19
We're not a complete team. But then no one else is the NFC is either.

This is a very good team that if it gets hot at the right time can beat anyone anywhere.

I'm pretty happy with our chances.
Agreed. And we don't even have to 'get hot' - we have MVP Aaron Rodgers right now. We can beat anyone at any time.