Jets @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Oct. 16th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
17 Oct 2022 11:13
go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:35
Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 07:13

you want to blame Rodgers, and he deserves his share, but in the time Rodgers has to set up and throw rarely is a receiver open, against man coverage all of our receivers struggle, you and others can high light when one is, but Rodgers under pressure can't see every receiver at every moment of a single play, even on the deep passes that are a bit off target, whats obvious is that receivers aren't tracking some of those passes which amounts to them not adjusting to make a catch.

I admit Rodgers has not been as sharp as he normally is, but this group of WR's don't worry DC's, we don't have a receiver that demands more then single coverage, they rarely ever even win a 1x1 contest.

from a clean pocket Rodgers has been one of the best in the league, but he's rarely had clean pockets this season.

theres a lot of blame to go around, but Guty not doing a better job of keeping the receiver group stocked with better talent tops my list, and all 22 with it's areal view can be used to show receivers open all the time, and on every play, but thats hardly the view a QB has trying to avoid pressure will scanning 3 or 4 receiver routes, Rodgers was pounded yesterday, but as usual he gets the majority of the blame.

lets sit him and play Love
Our primary issues on offense yesterday was the putrid lack of tryig to block anyone from the Oline and then Rodgers.

The skill position players were bad too. Especially AJ Dillon. Good lord was he bad.

But the blocking was atrocious. I can't think of any excuse how an Oline as good as we have can play so poorly.

The receiver discussion is like 3rd on the list of issues that need to get cleaned up. I have no issues saying we lack talent or experienced talent there. That's obvious. But the level of emphasis being placed on the WRs when there are clearly other more pressing issues is the laughable piece.

Like the thought that an OBJ or DJ Moore can just be plugged in and this offense turns successful is laughable.
I agreed with your post until the last sentence. I would think either player would be an improvement over the receiver room we have presently.
There is a material differnce between improvement and offense turning successful. Obviously an improvement is expected. But having it matter is a completely different conversation.

Adding a WR in 2019, 2020, or 2021 made sense. We were a top team and it was a weakness that could put us over the top. I don't think that is the case this year. Having an OBJ wasn't turning an offense that couldn't get a first down on their own (without a penalty) until late in the 2nd quarter to a 24+ score/game unit.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
17 Oct 2022 10:56
lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Oct 2022 09:57
It’s almost like I said the best offensive line before the season started was Bak, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Tom because the drop off with Newman was so extreme.
Coming out of TC half the forum was suggesting a lineup that did not include Newman. Now pretty much everyone is screaming for his removal. You being among the many who called for Newman's benching is not exactly profound.
My point is it’s another god awful personnel decision by LaFleur on the offensive line. He can’t see his own talent to save his life. The guys a moron. Honest to god jackass.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
17 Oct 2022 11:44
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
It’s almost like I said the best offensive line before the season started was Bak, Runyan, Myers, Jenkins, Tom because the drop off with Newman was so extreme.
Coming out of TC half the forum was suggesting a lineup that did not include Newman. Now pretty much everyone is screaming for his removal. You being among the many who called for Newman's benching is not exactly profound.
My point is it’s another god awful personnel decision by LaFleur on the offensive line. He can’t see his own talent to save his life. The guys a moron. Honest to god jackass.
Lafluer is blamed for everything, if the ol coaches who work hands on with these players can't get this right, do we lay the blame on Lafluer, or should Guty have shopped or drafted a OL replacement for Newman, or brought in better OL coaches, you can't expect Lafluer, or even Stenevich, you act as though those coaches don't have anything better to do then over see the new OL coach and his assistant, to a extent your being irrational, siimple practice sessions don't always expose weak players, obviously they felt between Newman and Hanson, Newman was the best choice, I think your blame is at least partially mis directed.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 12:03
lupedafiasco wrote:
APB wrote:

Lafluer is blamed for everything, if the ol coaches who work hands on with these players can't get this right, do we lay the blame on Lafluer, or should Guty have shopped or drafted a OL replacement for Newman, or brought in better OL coaches, you can't expect Lafluer, or even Stenevich, you act as though those coaches don't have anything better to do then over see the new OL coach and his assistant, to a extent your being irrational, siimple practice sessions don't always expose weak players, obviously they felt between Newman and Hanson, Newman was the best choice, I think your blame is at least partially mis directed.
Lafleur got a pass for STs and even the Defense under Pettine because its well understood that he has no training or expertise in STs or Defense (not ideal for HC, but okay if he is master of offense).

That said, if the problem is on the offensive side of the ball...no way Lafleur should get a pass. That is his side of the ball. He must own it. If Newman sucks and the OL coach loves him...Lafleur should get the power to trump anyone under him on the offensive side of the ball at any time.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Oct 2022 12:09
Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

Lafleur got a pass for STs and even the Defense under Pettine because its well understood that he has no training or expertise in STs or Defense (not ideal for HC, but okay if he is master of offense).

That said, if the problem is on the offensive side of the ball...no way Lafleur should get a pass. That is his side of the ball. He must own it. If Newman sucks and the OL coach loves him...Lafleur should get the power to trump anyone under him on the offensive side of the ball at any time.
we have a team president with final say so over just about everything, Lafluer reports to Murphy, and Ball holds the purse strings, what about that don't you understand? I think people forget that Lafluer, even Guty have to convince Murphy to convince Ball that we need to buy a better ST's Cord, a better OL coach, and probably just about every other decision made.

this formula was fine as long as we won, Lafluer was considered a up and coming phenom, but this type situation takes control over simply firing and hiring coaches, something the GM should be doing, it hamstrings both Lafluer and Guty, and it's a big reason we promote from within with assistants that still are going through learning about coaching there positions,.

Thompson and Ball made this stuff famous, being overly tight giving compensation for FA was a normal thing, while the defense under Capers struggled minus any talent at position groups ( lber and Safety) for eons, and the lack of bringing in a quality receiver to pair with Adams, I give them credit for trying at TE, problem though the guys they did bring in ended up very average.

imho I doubt Lafluer had much of a choice about whom to promote or hire as his OC, Stenevich seems like the best in house person for the Job, 5 years experience coaching OL, initially I thought Butkus would be a good replacment, he's been coaching OL in the NFL longer, but from the looks of our OL I have some doubts

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I keep thinking back to the presser after that Bills game we *won* where Rodgers was very upset that we didn't get the ball to Adams more, specifically because he's such a dynamic player that not getting him the ball a lot per game is malpractice.

It's very telling that no such sentiment is expressed by him in a *loss* while we are criminally underutilizing Aaron Jones, who is hands-down the top weapon on offense. I really think it's because Rodgers doesn't want to pass the ball less than we do. I think he wants to put up Madden numbers every week even if our WR room isn't conducive to that.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
17 Oct 2022 13:12
I keep thinking back to the presser after that Bills game we *won* where Rodgers was very upset that we didn't get the ball to Adams more, specifically because he's such a dynamic player that not getting him the ball a lot per game is malpractice.

It's very telling that no such sentiment is expressed by him in a *loss* while we are criminally underutilizing Aaron Jones, who is hands-down the top weapon on offense. I really think it's because Rodgers doesn't want to pass the ball less than we do. I think he wants to put up Madden numbers every week even if our WR room isn't conducive to that.
he had no where to run yesterday, neither did Dillon, and when both went out as receivers they where tightly covered, opposing teams know who to be concerned with, and minus Adams that job has become easier, our OL blocking has to improve, even more so then just yesterday, when stats show that our RB's get more yardage after contact then most of the other RB's in the league, it's a reflection on the ability of the blocking for them, not just a reflection of how good they are, if ya want 10+ yards gashers then ya have to take out the lbers as well as create a run gap.

I don't remember which Bills game that was, but it seems Adam had been getting well over a 100 touches a season since I can remember, obviously Lafluer wants to keep both of our RB's fresh and healthy for the PO's, but at this stage of this chaotic season we need to feed them more or we can forget the PO's

it starts with the OL, both the run and pass struggle when the blocking is this putrid, just because Jones and Dillon are averaging 5 plus yrds per carry, it's deceiving, some runs are short and inconsistent, and wont sustain drives, there averages are the result of the 10 yrd burst runs, and we would so more of that if the blocking was better, specially so since yesterday our RB's couldn't average 3 yrds a touch.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 14:18
Labrev wrote:

he had no where to run yesterday, neither did Dillon, and when both went out as receivers they where tightly covered,
I don't know. I saw a play where Jones smoked his man and scores a TD with a good pass. Instead it was godly short and too far to the sideline and result in an incomplete pass.

Another had Dillon wide open in the flat and Rodgers overthrows it and Dillon can't get it. Would have been a 1st down. Instead Rodgers gets sacked (predictably) on the following 3rd down and we have to punt again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
APB wrote:

He is the head coach! He overseas everything about the personnel he has to put on the field. I'm sorry but what you posted is absurd. He has been awful figuring out who his best 5 are throughout his time here on the offensive line.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2022 15:06
Yoop wrote:
17 Oct 2022 14:18
Labrev wrote:

he had no where to run yesterday, neither did Dillon, and when both went out as receivers they where tightly covered,
I don't know. I saw a play where Jones smoked his man and scores a TD with a good pass. Instead it was godly short and too far to the sideline and result in an incomplete pass.

Another had Dillon wide open in the flat and Rodgers overthrows it and Dillon can't get it. Would have been a 1st down. Instead Rodgers gets sacked (predictably) on the following 3rd down and we have to punt again.
The errant pass to Dillon was all on Rodgers. Another equally dismal play was a deep pass on 3rd and 2 that went incomplete. Rodgers should have audibled to a dump off pass, or simply ran the ball himself or handed off to Jones or Dillon.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
APB wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
:rotf:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Another thing I observed was a basic lack of urgency by the offense. And the defense basically quit playing in the 4th quarter.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Oct 2022 18:06
Another thing I observed was a basic lack of urgency by the offense. And the defense basically quit playing in the 4th quarter.
They quit playing in the 4th? Our D has issues but they tried hard to make a goal line stand in the 4th.
Our D isn't great but not the major problem. IMO our offense is the albatross of this team right now. Until the line plays better and our running game gets on track this is gonna be a challenging season to say the least.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I want to highlight the secondary observation that Fennell makes here. The Jets D-line is playing aggressive, 1 gap run defense. 95 has A, 58 has B, 56 has C. They are taking it to the offense while still being sound in gap responsibility. It makes it REALLY tough on the offensive line when you run stunt like this because 95 is lined up in a 3 and we are running to the outside. Runyan needs to work his ass off to reach 95, but instead 95 has A and short stick it there on the snap, penetrating upfield. There is no way Myers gets there. It's just a spectacular call by the defense imposing their will on the offense. It is an example of the mentality the Packers are not exhibiting right now.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Of course they are noticing doubs. Literally no one else on the field worth keeping a double look. What else would safety be doing once he knows it’s pass? Can’t just stand there and take a nap.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Doubs catch

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »