Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Feb 2021 22:22
i was laughing tonight monitoring the interwebs and a group chat of ten guys i play FF with.

Everyone seemed to be saying Mahommes played great, and his WRs dropped TD passes and thats why they lost.

Yet the same crew was saying Rodgers is a choker in NFCCGs. No mention of kevin king, Aaron Jones fumbles, Adams dropping td passes etc.

Now i do think Rodgers contributed to the loss also, and he was not perfect, but it is always funny how some guys get the built in excuses from the masses, and some do not.
It's if you like that person. If you are a Mahommes fan, you will garner excuses and vice versa.

We saw it on this same forum last night. Honestly I don't think Mahommes looked all that much different yesterday. Only difference is was the Bucs had ILBs to take away Kelce.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Feb 2021 07:14
Drj820 wrote:
07 Feb 2021 22:22
i was laughing tonight monitoring the interwebs and a group chat of ten guys i play FF with.

Everyone seemed to be saying Mahommes played great, and his WRs dropped TD passes and thats why they lost.

Yet the same crew was saying Rodgers is a choker in NFCCGs. No mention of kevin king, Aaron Jones fumbles, Adams dropping td passes etc.

Now i do think Rodgers contributed to the loss also, and he was not perfect, but it is always funny how some guys get the built in excuses from the masses, and some do not.
It's if you like that person. If you are a Mahommes fan, you will garner excuses and vice versa.

We saw it on this same forum last night. Honestly I don't think Mahommes looked all that much different yesterday. Only difference is was the Bucs had ILBs to take away Kelce.
he was constantly under pressure just like Rodgers, and his receivers where mugged the whole game just like ours where, add in the toe injury and he was also less mobile, you could see that the couple times he scrambled, not taking anything away from Brady and the Bucs, but they had a cake walk to this title, cripes we beat ourselves even with a healthy Rodgers and &%$@ for blocking, Mahomes had the same type of poor blocking and was diminished to boot, and imho the refs helped the Bucs in both games.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Feb 2021 06:42
Hi Aaron,

please use the offseason make up your mind about scrambling. No doubt, in the regular season there's no place to risk health by running. But when the Playoffs begin you need to be ready to switch a plug. You need to play more all-in and use that to surprise opponents. Remember that 3rd and 8 and you didn't run and instead trying a risky pass? Remember your bud Favre in the NFCG in New Orleans when he passed instead of run a couple of years to take a FG? Run more! Because many defenses don't take that into account anymore, so it can be an advantage. Yes, it can harm you, but do you want to play for the next 5 years or for just two more and win another SB?

Yours sincerely,

German_Panzer
Tom Brady doesn't scramble. I'm just sayin'...

:mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Feb 2021 13:00
German_Panzer wrote:
Hi Aaron,

please use the offseason make up your mind about scrambling. No doubt, in the regular season there's no place to risk health by running. But when the Playoffs begin you need to be ready to switch a plug. You need to play more all-in and use that to surprise opponents. Remember that 3rd and 8 and you didn't run and instead trying a risky pass? Remember your bud Favre in the NFCG in New Orleans when he passed instead of run a couple of years to take a FG? Run more! Because many defenses don't take that into account anymore, so it can be an advantage. Yes, it can harm you, but do you want to play for the next 5 years or for just two more and win another SB?

Yours sincerely,

German_Panzer

ya, but his receivers catch the ball :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

image.png
image.png (40.94 KiB) Viewed 501 times
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
08 Feb 2021 13:00
German_Panzer wrote:
Hi Aaron,

Yours sincerely,

German_Panzer

Brady would scramble if he could. I bet he wishes he had that tool in his shed. But he's so good at overcoming that limitation, it obviously hasn't mattered much.

AR does need to evaluate his scrambling in the off-season (as part of a comprehensive season review), but not because the outcome of that evaluation is clear. He ain't getting any faster, there's no training that'll make him a Mahomes, so he has to evaluate his 2021 speed and whether it still makes sense to scramble. If he no longer has the speed to outrun pass rushers, scrambling would be counterproductive. If he still has it, by all means, pick your spots and run for those yards.

Christo
Reactions:

Post by Christo »

Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Feb 2021 13:15
image.png
With the exception of the Bucs, { and I haven't looked up the stats ] those teams throw the ball more than most teams. Usually because they're behind and are playing catch up. The Steelers had no running game to speak of this year and relied on the pass more than usual. So I would expect more drops than other teams.
The odd one for me is the Packers, I would have thought they had more. Maybe it's because they're amplified more on this site?
And on the subject, hats off to MVS for turning it on the last 6 games. I was ragging on him for the most part and he came up big since then. Still think that catch against the Lions in the endzone was the best catch of the year.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Christo wrote:
09 Feb 2021 14:51
Pckfn23 wrote:
08 Feb 2021 13:15
image.png
The odd one for me is the Packers, I would have thought they had more. Maybe it's because they're amplified more on this site?
Can you guess how many years this forum would b*tch about the WR here that led to an interception?

Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

In other Rodgers news, his Jeopardy hosting dates start April 5th. He'll be host for 10 days.
RIP JustJeff

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

"I didn't know he was football player, your honor. Half."

-S Woodley Rodgers, April 2023.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

So Rodgers has vocally been a pretty big cheerleader for Lafleur.

Coaches “want their own guy” when they come to a team, but not when they walk into a place with a 3x MVP.

Drafting Love was some horrible GMing and a waste of resources to not only draft him, but to move up to draft him!

So Rodgers responds with an MVP season, yet the team still seems desperate to not commit to him long term.

What am I missing? Another Jordan Love can be found when the time comes. It’s not like we get FAs often anyway and we are only not active in free agency bc of rodgers.

Did Rodgers !@#$ in Guteys Cheerios? They have a HOF qb, do they think they Love is the next Rodgers? Fella couldn’t even beat out Boyle iñ year one.

I say the FO needs to stop disrespecting our QB that is responsible for pretty much everything that has happened in GB over the last decade. He should be a packer until he wants to leave. We are lucky to have the MVP. If this offense goes the way coach says he wants it to...in terms of running the ball...no reason to think 12 couldn’t continue the adapt his game and play in a qb friendly system like this for 5 more years.

Swallow your pride Gutey, admit you gave up on 12 and reached for a qb and made a bizarre pick when we could have used a first rounder on the field in the nfc championship game...and commit to the guy that has made you look like a good GM.

They might not like how 12 can be a premadonna, but I can assure them life is better with him that without.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
29 Mar 2021 23:36
So Rodgers has vocally been a pretty big cheerleader for Lafleur.

Coaches “want their own guy” when they come to a team, but not when they walk into a place with a 3x MVP.

Drafting Love was some horrible GMing and a waste of resources to not only draft him, but to move up to draft him!

So Rodgers responds with an MVP season, yet the team still seems desperate to not commit to him long term.

What am I missing? Another Jordan Love can be found when the time comes. It’s not like we get FAs often anyway and we are only not active in free agency bc of rodgers.

Did Rodgers !@#$ in Guteys Cheerios? They have a HOF qb, do they think they Love is the next Rodgers? Fella couldn’t even beat out Boyle iñ year one.

I say the FO needs to stop disrespecting our QB that is responsible for pretty much everything that has happened in GB over the last decade. He should be a packer until he wants to leave. We are lucky to have the MVP. If this offense goes the way coach says he wants it to...in terms of running the ball...no reason to think 12 couldn’t continue the adapt his game and play in a qb friendly system like this for 5 more years.

Swallow your pride Gutey, admit you gave up on 12 and reached for a qb and made a bizarre pick when we could have used a first rounder on the field in the nfc championship game...and commit to the guy that has made you look like a good GM.

They might not like how 12 can be a premadonna, but I can assure them life is better with him that without.
This BS about respecting a HOF QB needs to stop. GM's have a decision to make on when to move on. Rodgers had been showing a bit of a decline in play and is getting up there in age. Gutey saw a player he liked (whether anyone else likes him is irrelevant) and got him. Does Aaron's MVP season change things? Maybe, maybe not. For good or bad Gutey and the rest of management has made their decision with him. If they are not communicating with Aaron on plans, that really sucks and I think any player deserves that respect.

But teams do not owe a HOF QB endless lee-way don't deserve to be handed the keys to the team for as long as they want. A respectful departure, yes. But that's all. Let's say Davante Adams continues on this pace the next 5 years. Gets himself HOF numbers. But he decides he wants to play until he' 45. He's slow, can't run a route, and his hand have arthritis. Do we keep him around for years and years because he's a HOF'er? Same goes for a QB. If you can't avoid a sack or throw the ball as effectively anymore, you move on.

And stop it with Love not beating out Boyle. Everyone knew Love wasn't going to be the guy year 1. Rodgers was awful too year 1.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I have zero idea as to how people are still mad or confused about the QB plan right now. The team is obviously in great shape and managing the situation to create a decision point in the 2022-2023 offseason and one of the options on that decision point is "do we push the decision one more year," which is also totally viable.

All this confusion about what's going on at QB with the Packers makes the whole fanbase and media ecosystem look like they don't understand anything about the business of football or the process of assembling teams. Like there is ZERO mystery. There is NOTHING confusing. Everyone is just looking for stuff to talk about.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

most fans I've talked to hated the Love Pick, don't know what kind of conversation went on with Guty and Rodgers after 019 season, but whatever it was prompted Guty to trade up and draft Rodgers replacement, my feeling is that it was premature to judge Rodgers play in a new scheme and decide he wouldn't improve year two, or that he should just accept whatever fo decisions are made without at least consulting him, because he is actually the player thats gotten the team to the playoffs for over a decade, why any GM would discount his input makes zero sense to me, but that is what happened prior to Lafluer being hired so we've been told, so naturally AR felt slighted.

and again, I believe the lead up to the anomosity between Rodgers and the FO had to do with retaining McCarthy that last season 018, nothing changed from 017, no new receiver help, and pass schemes only devonte Adams could make work.

when your among the very best at what you do you don't want things to hold you back, and there is a respect factor involved to be sure, and Adams was the highest drafted receiver since Cobb, and yet we never heard a complaint from Rodgers concerning that.

the vast majority of high draft picks have went to the defensive side of the ball, and with minimal success.

for me the Love pick is water over the damn, I will never support the decision to take him when AR still had so much game in him left, I would have waited another year or two, I do believe in grooming a rookie QB a year or two, but not 3 or 4, but this is just my opinion, and I've been wrong often, Rodgers (God forbid ) could have a career ending injury just like any player this season.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yeah, gotta say I’m still not a fan.

Don’t get why they restructured him December 2019 kicking all that can down the road, they really didn’t quite need to then, then draft Love 5 months later.

Those moves are counterproductive. Where even if you try to go with Love, aren’t even going to get the benefits of a rookie QB contract if you are going to have the dead cap of a normal starting QB salary.

I will remain not a fan of the pick.

One thing I often think about was the Detroit game in week 17 where Aaron was egregiously bad. But I don’t feel like Gute can go from extending him, restructuring him, all within a year, to trading up for a QB in the first round because of that game.

And I don’t want a decision point after 2021 or 2022. Yes, I know teams struggle to find replacement QBs, but guess what, we have literally the best one on the planet who has expressed interest in playing to around 2025 or longer. For a team who already lived through the Favre Rodgers fiasco, seems like we are just inflicting that drama on ourselves again for reasons I don’t agree with.

Ah well. I can still route for all packers, Rodgers and Love, and still not like the 2020 draft at all.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
30 Mar 2021 08:51

Don’t get why they restructured him December 2019 kicking all that can down the road, they really didn’t quite need to then, then draft Love 5 months later.

Those moves are counterproductive. Where even if you try to go with Love, aren’t even going to get the benefits of a rookie QB contract if you are going to have the dead cap of a normal starting QB salary.

One thing I often think about was the Detroit game in week 17 where Aaron was egregiously bad. But I don’t feel like Gute can go from extending him, restructuring him, all within a year, to trading up for a QB in the first round because of that game.

And I don’t want a decision point after 2021 or 2022. Yes, I know teams struggle to find replacement QBs, but guess what, we have literally the best one on the planet who has expressed interest in playing to around 2025 or longer. For a team who already lived through the Favre Rodgers fiasco, seems like we are just inflicting that drama on ourselves again for reasons I don’t agree with.

Ah well. I can still route for all packers, Rodgers and Love, and still not like the 2020 draft at all.
exactly, we have given ourselves an artificial cut off to having one of the leagues best QBs. Whats the rush to look beyond him after two years? Who set that deadline? We should beg him to stay until he just cant play anymore. He is no where near that point tho, he just won mvp.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

As i said above, its not about showing "respect" to the HOF qb, its that pushing him out the door and creating an artificial deadline for his time here is hurting the team! Give him an extension and we could have had money to make a run at legit FAs. Coaches may want their own guys, but you do that when your QB is sam darnold, not Aaron Rodgers.

end of an era messiness with a HOF Qb is usually just part of the deal. The problem here is the Packers are starting that potential mess way to early. Start it when he noticeably declines, not while he is still winning MVPs please.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
30 Mar 2021 08:51

This is a really good post.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Mar 2021 08:59
For a team who already lived through the Favre Rodgers fiasco, seems like we are just inflicting that drama on ourselves again for reasons I don’t agree with.
[/b]
exactly, we have given ourselves an artificial cut off to having one of the leagues best QBs. Whats the rush to look beyond him after two years? Who set that deadline? We should beg him to stay until he just cant play anymore. He is no where near that point tho, he just won mvp.
[/quote]

Have you considered how well the Favre-Rodgers "fiasco" worked for the team and how it set the franchise up for another decade and a half of success and maybe the "drama" aspect of it is all you fans complaining and making it out to be some big move aimed at disemboweling Rodgers' legacy and the drama is NOT on the part of the front office following their best practices to continue enduring success?

Has it occurred to any of you that when you look at the very very short list of starting QBs who were benched to start their careers that very short list contains Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Mahomes, and Rivers and MAYBE it's an actually useful development?

If you don't like the "drama" around the pick, that's on you to accept it and keep quiet about it. The only "drama" created around these QB situations are the pessimistic unruly fans screaming at the front office for taking a fairly smart risk. This is like that woman who writes she hates drama in her dating profile. You know, instantly, her life is drama. He who smelt it dealt it.