Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

If Rodgers wants to retire to show the world how badly he wants to win a Super Bowl, I’ll call that bluff 6 days a week and twice on Sundays

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

The thing with the draft pick I just don't get is that its merely the symbology of it.

I mean, purely empirically, the backup QB is really valuable. There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff they do. Our backup QB has played a fair bit in the last few years (except last year), and they have at times been epically bad. QB's were dropping like flies last year in the NFL.

If you are taking a QB in the top tier of players, the top 10-15 or so, then yes, you are clearly replacing and that guy is going to be starting relatively soon. But that's not the same as late 1. QB's that go late 1 have issues and noone expects them to start soon. Taking one of those boom or bust guys that needs a while is basically the ideal backup QB for a team like GB; you get the extra year in case they hit.

But there is a very real talent gap between QB prospects that go in the first and those that go later. I'd much rather be developing legit star talent instead of some seriously marginal arm that maybe can smart his way through. We've seen plenty of bust late 1's that barely played, Sherrod, Harrell, Datone; not going to lose sleep if Love is as a bust too. It'll suck though if we have to find out on the field too early due to Rodgers being a douche; I can wait until Rodgers is done, I'm sure the team can too.

People all talking "respect" and whatnot. Getting the best possible backup QB is making the team better. That's the FO's job.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Say hello to the bad guy.

Also the bad liar, he absolutely wanted it to leak when it did.
Attachments
3DE899BF-02DF-4B97-8366-B35AB7928CAC.png
3DE899BF-02DF-4B97-8366-B35AB7928CAC.png (1.62 MiB) Viewed 607 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

He always gets his photo taken at the derby...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I really don't like that guy right now.

I'm okay backing him for a year or two as we both have mutual interests....but these past three days have tarnished his image in my eyes so deeply. He's done douchey things before. This cements it.

After watching MLF in that presser on the verge of crying after seeing everything he has built on the verge of crumbling because of that piece of sh*t decided to get offended when there is little to be offended about....what a two-faced lying sack of sh*t.

All of 2020 was a lie. Everything he said in 2020 and 2019 was a lie.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 20:35
If Rodgers wants to retire to show the world how badly he wants to win a Super Bowl, I’ll call that bluff 6 days a week and twice on Sundays
So you'd give up 3 first round picks and let him "retire"?

That's the long play here by Rodgers....refuse to play/retire a la Carson Palmer.

The organization then chooses between nada or beacoup draft selections....not a hard choice.

On a side note, who knew things were so bad between the GM and AR? I wonder if this acrimony preceded Love, with the Love pick pushing it over the top.

I also wonder if failing to bring in Watt pissed off Rodgers and/or Linsley leaving is involved here.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 May 2021 21:35

I also wonder if failing to bring in Watt pissed off Rodgers and/or Linsley leaving is involved here.
Rodgers is a smart guy. He can go to spotrac.com and see we didn't necessarily have the coffers loaded of available money for these guys.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2021 21:39
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

Rodgers is a smart guy. He can go to spotrac.com and see we didn't necessarily have the coffers loaded of available money for these guys.
I don’t think it helped. I mean if I’m Rodgers I’m pissed that we spent on King and Lewis and restructured Preston for what we could have gotten Watt for. Lewis runs like he has &%$@ in his pants, King just single handedly cost us a super bowl shot, and Preston is about to be the third wheel making starter money.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 May 2021 21:46
go pak go wrote:
01 May 2021 21:39
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:

I don’t think it helped. I mean if I’m Rodgers I’m pissed that we spent on King and Lewis and restructured Preston for what we could have gotten Watt for. Lewis runs like he has &%$@ in his pants, King just single handedly cost us a super bowl shot, and Preston is about to be the third wheel making starter money.
Yes.

Extending Rodgers and ZSmith and Adams also creates cap space.

From ARs perspective the organization isn't going all out to win a SB. Couple that with drafting his replacement and one can see why he wants the GM gone or to be traded.

From the organization perspective, they have a responsibility to ensure success after Rodgers and be fiscally reasonable reference player contracts.

I think AR is being a bitch with the leaks. And I think the GM has mismanaged the team the last 12 months.

If forced I choose AR over the GM, but how the $%@# did things deteriorate to this point?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

If forced I choose AR over the GM, but how the $%@# did things deteriorate to this point?
Do that and the organization is completely $%@# for the foreseeable future. What would be hilarious is that a Super Bowl win in 2021 would actually be all thanks to the GM. After that the dynamics caused by that decision would completely rip apart the organization.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It’s possible it is being overlooked that this started just after Rodgers got engaged. Very possible his fiancé told him she wanted to marry him but no way in h*** she would live in GB :idn:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I mean there's no use sorting through all the possible things that could rub the QB the wrong way. That's just a waste of mental energy and breath if you're speaking or finger motions if you're typing. Absolutely useless excuse to bring up every single move anyone hasn't liked in the past 3 years.

It doesn't matter why he's upset or whether he deserves to be. The side-taking and defensiveness is silly. The talk of respect is silly. He's trying to execute a power play and he has no power at all to do anything but refuse his services. I have no desire to appease him for the sake of it.

The point is that we are an extremely successful NFL team with a championship window wide open and the MVP QB at the center or top of it is trying to flex and get someone fired to appease himself, right? Like that's the long and short of it.

And the team has complete and total power over his NFL employment. And if he likes football at all, he can play for us; or he can retire and live with his new fiancee in California and get passed over as Jeopardy host on his own time. If he un-retires, we STILL HOLD HIS RIGHTS. It doesn't just go away.

So we can save some cap space and be a worse team while we build around the next guy. Or we can pay him what he's owed to play for us. It's up to him.

There is no reason to trade him before we want to. None. The only reason would be to "avoid the distraction." That just isn't a good reason. Get the team ready to go and let him see how much he likes not getting paid to watch the team he claims to love go out there and play without him. If he retires, we hold his rights until he comes back; and he will.

If he enjoys watching Love take his lumps and growing pains--if he finds satisfaction in watching the team underperform without him... then he better never claim to love the team, city, or any of his teammates again; because it means he values his own personal sense of vengeance more than he values each of those teammates. And that's a perfectly fine human emotion for him to have. But don't tell us you love the team and also refuse the team and then also refuse to be the highest paid player on it out of spite.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 22:04
It’s possible it is being overlooked that this started just after Rodgers got engaged. Very possible his fiancé told him she wanted to marry him but no way in h*** she would live in GB :idn:
Didn't he sell his WI home years ago?
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 22:07
I mean there's no use sorting through all the possible things that could rub the QB the wrong way. That's just a waste of mental energy and breath if you're speaking or finger motions if you're typing. Absolutely useless excuse to bring up every single move anyone hasn't liked in the past 3 years.

It doesn't matter why he's upset or whether he deserves to be. The side-taking and defensiveness is silly. The talk of respect is silly. He's trying to execute a power play and he has no power at all to do anything but refuse his services. I have no desire to appease him for the sake of it.

The point is that we are an extremely successful NFL team with a championship window wide open and the MVP QB at the center or top of it is trying to flex and get someone fired to appease himself, right? Like that's the long and short of it.

And the team has complete and total power over his NFL employment. And if he likes football at all, he can play for us; or he can retire and live with his new fiancee in California and get passed over as Jeopardy host on his own time. If he un-retires, we STILL HOLD HIS RIGHTS. It doesn't just go away.

So we can save some cap space and be a worse team while we build around the next guy. Or we can pay him what he's owed to play for us. It's up to him.

There is no reason to trade him before we want to. None. The only reason would be to "avoid the distraction." That just isn't a good reason. Get the team ready to go and let him see how much he likes not getting paid to watch the team he claims to love go out there and play without him. If he retires, we hold his rights until he comes back; and he will.

If he enjoys watching Love take his lumps and growing pains--if he finds satisfaction in watching the team underperform without him... then he better never claim to love the team, city, or any of his teammates again; because it means he values his own personal sense of vengeance more than he values each of those teammates. And that's a perfectly fine human emotion for him to have. But don't tell us you love the team and also refuse the team and then also refuse to be the highest paid player on it out of spite.
You trade him to get the picks. His power to refuse to play is quite real.

If it is Nov 1 and Love is starting and playing well, and Derek Carr blows out his knee, and Gruden calls and offers 3 firsts for ARs rights, how do you turn that down?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 May 2021 22:13

If it is Nov 1 and Love is starting and playing well, and Derek Carr blows out his knee, and Gruden calls and offers 3 firsts for ARs rights, how do you turn that down?
But the picks aren't useful right now. They're next year's bounty. There's no rush to trade him between now and next year's draft. Even trading for a future pick, you don't know how good it will be now. Four days ago, we could trade him for a top 10 pick as part of the package; we no longer have that degree of precision.

The same picks that are available to us in a trade right now will be available with more detail in 9 months. There is zero--and I mean ZERO reason to rush a trade or feel forced into it.

In the scenario you mention, where Love is already playing and playing well, and 3 picks are offered--maybe. Some players, too. But why would I want the Raiders' 2022 pick 17 when I could assuredly wait and get the Texans' 2022 number 1 overall pick?

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
This didn’t start after the engagement. This started after The Love pick.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 May 2021 22:13
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 22:07

There are no picks to be had for the next 364 days. No reason to trade him.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Some people have this mixed up.

Aaron is the guy who is supposed to play and perform per his contract. He is the EMPLOYEE.

Guty is the General Manager, or the BOSS. Aaron works for the BOSS.

Save the media drama and manipulation for some other time. Aaron is under contract. It’s natural for a guy in his position to have changing feelings. It happens to all of us. But he is acting like a spoiled child and putting himself before the TEAM. He shall not and must not be rewarded for that.

I’m all in with Guty and the Green Bay Packers!
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

go pak go wrote:
01 May 2021 21:07
I really don't like that guy right now.

I'm okay backing him for a year or two as we both have mutual interests....but these past three days have tarnished his image in my eyes so deeply. He's done douchey things before. This cements it.

After watching MLF in that presser on the verge of crying after seeing everything he has built on the verge of crumbling because of that piece of sh*t decided to get offended when there is little to be offended about....what a two-faced lying sack of sh*t.

All of 2020 was a lie. Everything he said in 2020 and 2019 was a lie.
I am glad I don't let my happiness be dictated by professional sports any longer. Except maybe when The Undertaker retired at Survivor Series. :lol: :cry: And I grew up literally in the shadows of Lambeau Field.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
01 May 2021 22:08
Drj820 wrote:
Didn't he sell his WI home years ago?
Yeah, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. He rents a place now.