Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
12 Oct 2021 11:09
Anybody ever see one of these? Any idea how well they work? My boojie brother (@Mazrimiv) just got one but I don't trust him making toast let alone a good brat. Anybody have any experience?
Now I'm wondering if I could cook sausages using this device with the electrical plug in my truck. Hmmm?

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I don't get all the love for The Rock. He was a great wrestler, I'll give him that. People on social media constantly reposting his stuff but to me he seems like a blank checkbook whose every word conforms to an artificial PR persona.

Not that he should give a $%@# what I think- just my rant of the day. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
19 Oct 2021 10:45
I don't get all the love for The Rock. He was a great wrestler, I'll give him that. People on social media constantly reposting his stuff but to me he seems like a blank checkbook whose every word conforms to an artificial PR persona.

Not that he should give a $%@# what I think- just my rant of the day. :lol:
I didn't care about him when he was a wrestler. But after he left that and started doing other movies and stuff, he was pretty entertaining. But can't say I've cared about him again for several years. Dude's livin' in the limelight and is one of the highest paid actors out there now. So can't really blame him. I suppose people could latch on to someone much worse. Overall, seems like a nice enough person, until we hear otherwise.

The fact people get so infatuated with celebrities still is kind of hilarious. I'm not talking kids. Grown me and women. How many times can famous people let you down before you learn? Liking people is fine. Being a fan is fine. But people are nuts. You want to bow to something, pick an inanimate object.

Weird mini-rant over. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The stories coming out of the Washington Football Team stuff related to Snyder are wild. The man is a piece of garbage. No matter the negative story that comes out, there are people who are defending the accused. I haven't seen anyone defend Snyder directly. Sure Jerry Jones and Goodell are protecting the hell out of him, but that's completely different.

I'm surprised Ron Rivera wants to be there. Have to wonder if he knew what he was getting into. He's always been known as one of the more down to earth coaches, one of the "good guys".

Here are 2 quick ones. Sure they could be worse, but when they add up it just makes you look like a complete asshat.

RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Hazard pay or what?
_
_

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

What the hell happened there??

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Found yet another annoying thing about YoutubeTV. I wasn't able to watch the Packers game live, so I of course, recorded it as I always do. But this was the first afternoon game we've had since using YTTV. It's not smart enough to know when the game starts late. So I missed the first 6 minutes of the game.

Now I have to remember to record the noon game as well and hope I can catch it at the end. But of course, you can't just record something once very easily. Streaming services such as this are nice in a lot of ways. But there are so many things that satellite and cable services have gotten down better. And places like Youtube seem to not give 2 &%$@ about fixing it.

I've got Philo again too. Might try it on there and see if it works better.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Forgot Philo doesn't have local channels.

In other news, my wife's unique ability to make everything more difficult has reared its head again. Only she can turn an easy recipe that takes 20 minutes start to finish, into an hour and a half ordeal. She really is useless in the kitchen outside of some baking.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
08 Nov 2021 18:05

In other news, my wife's unique ability to make everything more difficult has reared its head again. Only she can turn an easy recipe that takes 20 minutes start to finish, into an hour and a half ordeal. She really is useless in the kitchen outside of some baking.
I do love recipes that say like 20 mins, but it's actually 20 mins from when every ingredient is chopped up, measured and prepped, the water is boiling and the pans are hot. As if we were TV-chefs with staff handing us bowls of pre-prepped stuff. There was one recipe that made me LOL that advertised 10 min prep, and the recipe started with "make the sauce and let the shrimp marinate in the fridge overnight"... I was like, yeah, the night CAN be under 10 mins near the Arctic Circle in the summer, but still...

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:

never let her read this forum :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
09 Nov 2021 10:27
paco wrote:

never let her read this forum :rotf:
She can read it. Nothing she hasn't heard directly from me before. :box:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like the experiment with putting up Xmas trees with our new cat in the house is going as expected. Wife yelling "NO" and cat getting locked up stairs. I fully expect to come back home to chaos when we go out this afternoon for about an hour.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Every GD holiday. I wonder why I still put up with it.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
24 Nov 2021 21:27
The cat or the wife? :mrgreen:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
25 Nov 2021 06:37
paco wrote:
Both :lol:
I'm giving thanks. For the moment, both are calmed down.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:08
APB wrote:
paco wrote:
And we're back. That lasted an hour.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
25 Nov 2021 09:16
paco wrote:
25 Nov 2021 08:08
APB wrote:

And we're back. That lasted an hour.
Regularly scheduled programming... I know all about that.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

What can you do? Will make the best of it.

Hope all have a good Thanksgiving. Even though we went get to enjoy the laser show in Detroit. :cry:
RIP JustJeff

kampmanfan4life
Reactions:

Post by kampmanfan4life »

Me and our wife just got an accepted offer on our first home. In Oak Creek and sold for under asking, need to buy a few appliances though. Our home search lasted 3 days and we looked at 3 houses.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

kampmanfan4life wrote:
04 Dec 2021 14:27
Me and our wife just got an accepted offer on our first home. In Oak Creek and sold for under asking, need to buy a few appliances though. Our home search lasted 3 days and we looked at 3 houses.
Congratulations. Enjoy your new home.