Packers @ Vikings GDT: Sunday, Nov. 21st, NOON CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Division games are tough. Vikings had our number today, but we'll get them at home.

More injuries to overcome, which sucks. But that's football.

I liked how the offense battled back. Gives me hope for the rest of the year.

For those that stopped watching. Shame. It was in no way, far enough gone to do that. Don't be a fair weather fan. It hurts, but we'll get through it. Let them celebrate getting to .500.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
21 Nov 2021 20:45
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I was actually kinda excited when Lazard was going to be out. I thought EQSB could be an upgrade over Lazard. He's a pretty good blocker and simply a better receiver and playmaker.

I think today cemented that in my thoughts even further. Lazard still is the better blocker. But I think EQSB is our 2nd best blocking WR. And offers a lot more with the ball in his hands. He's simply more talented. He just needs the confidence.
Certainly not an opinion I share. But not because I think Lazard is some excellent WR. It’s because this is probably the first game I’ve seen EQ be a consistent contributor throughout the game and I am not prepared to forget his past or overreact to one game.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Slept on it.

Still crabby today. I hate losses that should have been wins so much. This one is the most painful regular season loss in my mind in the MLF era due to how we lost, who we lost to and the implications of the loss.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

So, is Jenkins done with an ACL?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
22 Nov 2021 05:41
So, is Jenkins done with an ACL?
The interweb says it is so. The Packers, however, haven’t said.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Right now GB is effectively 3rd in the conference.

1. Arizona (Packers hold head to head tiebreaker)
2. Dallas (Dallas has Tiebreaker over GB with common opponent of MN)
3. Green Bay
4. Tampa Bay (Green Bay has tie-breaker currently with conference record and common opponent of Washington)

Remaining Games

Arizona - Bye, at Bears, Rams, at Lions, Colts, at Dallas, Seattle

Dallas - Las Vegas (T-day), at Saints, at Washington, at Giants, Washington, Cardinals, at Eagles

Green Bay - Rams, Bye, at Baltimore, Chicago, Cleveland, Minnesota, at Lions

Tampa Bay - Giants, at Colts, at Falcons, Bills, Saints, at Panthers, at Jets, Panthers

I think a loss this Sunday to LA Rams would all but effectively end our hopes of a #1 seed. Obviously people will never say never but we would need some really strange mixes of losses with AZ and LA Rams while also having the Cowboys needing 5 losses and us winning out. A win vs LA Rams I think puts us right in line with everyone else.

AZ has 3 hard games left. Dallas likely has the easiest road. Thanksgiving is always an advantage for them. We will need the NFC East to be a pain in their side. A Washington win would be huge as it would essentially even the playing field on common opponents again. Tampa I think has a tough path.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

we can't get a break when it comes to injury's, ready to get a OL back and we lose another.

had to steal this quip about King

Kevin King changes direction with all the dexterity of a pontoon boat. :lol:

but this could be said concerning anyone that tried to cover Jefferson yesterday, that Kid is everything some of us here thought he'd be.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I fear no path come playoff time for this team. If it ain’t going through Lambeau, so be it. All the other No. 1 seed competing venues favor our style of play so whatevs.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:11
we can't get a break when it comes to injury's, ready to get a OL back and we lose another.

but this could be said concerning anyone that tried to cover Jefferson yesterday, that Kid is everything most* of us here thought he'd be.
Fixed it for ya.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

but this could be said concerning anyone that tried to cover Jefferson yesterday, that Kid is everything some of us here thought he'd be.
I don't think King ever covered Jefferson. The first one he was in zone and Jefferson didn't appear to be his responsibilty but there was also confusion between he and Henry Black.

All the other times King got beat it looked like it was Thielen?
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Rodgers, Lafluer, and our receivers need to burn the mid night oil, seems every game that we struggle to establish the run well enough to move the chains this passing offense can't seem to bail it out, and we start games letting defenses intimidate us, it's either the game plan Matt designs, or the lack of chemistry Rodgers has with receivers, maybe a little of both, but I think the later, he misses wide open receivers, that first throw to MVS was about a hour late, same with others,he was excellent in the 2nd half, and got a 140 Passer rating, wonder what his rating was in the first half, cause he sucked

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:15
Yoop wrote:

but this could be said concerning anyone that tried to cover Jefferson yesterday, that Kid is everything most* of us here thought he'd be.
Fixed it for ya.
hind sight 20/20 would you have given up more to get him now?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:19
Yoop wrote:

I don't think King ever covered Jefferson. The first one he was in zone and Jefferson didn't appear to be his responsibilty but there was also confusion between he and Henry Black.

I think your right, looked like Black needed to trail Jefferson on that play, which would have been a mis match anyway, we really missed Alexander last night against JJ

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:28
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I think your right, looked like Black needed to trail Jefferson on that play, which would have been a mis match anyway, we really missed Alexander last night against JJ
Yeah. I would pin yesterday on Savage not finishing the plays when they were there (except the one he did Keke screwed us), Eric Stokes getting absolutely destroyed by a great receiver, and King needing to step up on one drive and didn't. Rasul Douglas too....it's like he made the right read but just did it wrong.

Henry Black...he is who he is. Clearly a liability out there but we don't have another 3rd safety we apparently feel good about.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:26
APB wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:15
Yoop wrote:

Fixed it for ya.
hind sight 20/20 would you have given up more to get him now?
I mean he's a once in a generation player. He's starting to approach Moss-mode for MN (if he isn't already there)

But still doesn't make sense for me to wring my hands about a player that I don't even know if anyone would have taken our calls to trade back for. And that has always been my position. I was mad when MN took him not because we didn't trade up, but because I was hoping there was a chance he fell to the mid 20's and we work something up to go after him then.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I wasn't able to watch the game in full, but from what I can gather upon extended highlight clips, it just seems like our secondary didn't make plays on the ball when they were available and their wide receivers did. Lots of tight window throws or pressured lobs. A couple key ones, at that.

And then I logged in to type this and saw that's exactly what others were already saying. So yeah, bummer. The recent strength of the team (defense, pass defense particularly) had a down day when our offense finally showed up and started clicking. Hopefully Gary is back and we can put the two together next week in what is now a bigger game.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:34
Yoop wrote:
22 Nov 2021 07:28
go pak go wrote:

Yeah. I would pin yesterday on Savage not finishing the plays when they were there (except the one he did Keke screwed us), Eric Stokes getting absolutely destroyed by a great receiver, and King needing to step up on one drive and didn't. Rasul Douglas too....it's like he made the right read but just did it wrong.

Henry Black...he is who he is. Clearly a liability out there but we don't have another 3rd safety we apparently feel good about.
Savage did well just being in position for the picks, I'll give him that, just killed us that he didn't hold on to the last one, and the penalty on Keke was just more BS officiating, he barely touched Cousins with the helmet, it was near impossible to avoid that contact, the problem with officiating these days is there is almost NO disgression with the calls, officials are like brain dead robots.

your right not making a valid move to move up and take a great prospect like Jefferson is now crying over spilt milk, Lafluer wanted Jefferson even more then I did.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I think a loss this Sunday to LA Rams would all but effectively end our hopes of a #1 seed.
Cardinals - 2 losses
Packers - 3 losses
Cowboys - 3 losses
Rams - 3 losses
Buccaneers - 3 losses

With 17 games, it would not be out of the question to be the number 1 seed with 4 losses. The Packers and Cardinals have 6 games left. The Rams and Cowboys have 7 games left. The Bucs have 8 games left.

At this point it is FAR too early to make any hard and fast determinations of what will and won't happen.

The problem with the Packers right now is health. Plain and simple. If we don't lose another starter for the season and get Z Smith, Gary, Alexander, Bakhtiari, and Myers back, I feel good about the team. It really doesn't matter where we play.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 22 Nov 2021 08:28, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

When you go up against a bonafide WR1 it is almost essential to have your bonabide CB1 in the game. If he isnt, you are just going to have to factor in having some problems as the cost of doing business. That said, I dont think we mitigated the damage well at all. I dont think we ever adjusted much and I dont think we had a good plan for Jefferson.

Rookie Stokes would have gotten cooked often, but he would have had a much better chance at success than a Chandon Sullivan. Stokes should have followed Jefferson around all game. Even if Jefferson lined up in the slot. The "line up in the slot, notice Sullivan is covering me, and i get an auto first down" formula pretty much worked all game.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Nov 2021 08:23
When you go up against a bonafide WR1 it is almost essential to have your bonabide CB1 in the game. If he isnt, you are just going to have to factor in having some problems as the cost of doing business. That said, I dont think we mitigated the damage well at all. I dont think we ever adjusted much and I dont think we had a good plan for Jefferson.

Rookie Stokes would have gotten cooked often, but he would have had a much better chance at success than a Chandon Sullivan. Stokes should have followed Jefferson around all game. Even if Jefferson lined up in the slot. The "line up in the slot, notice Sullivan is covering me, and i get an auto first down" formula pretty much worked all game.
agreed, let everyone else play zone, but man up Stokes on Jefferson, or double him up, sounds easy I know, everything does on paper.

we needed better pass rush from the base package, about the only time Cousins was rushed into getting rid of the ball is when we blitzed, we gave cousins to much time, probably because we had to honor the run, Cooks is a dangerous RB, so the DL can't just pin there ears back rushing.