What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

oh theres nothing cute about 5 to 7 dropped passes
There isn't anything real about it either!! :rotf:

Insane to still be pushing 85 to 119 drops on the season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 19:34
OK 5 to 7 uncaught catchable passes, whatever, go rewatch the game, your funny, ya defend receivers who don't catch passes that you complain about in the game threads when they don't, you want it both ways, and your not going to get it, you defend some stat and question what you actually see, I refuse to do that.

it's the same thing with pass PRESSURES, you defended Bakhtiari when PFF said he didn't have a pressure, yet I watched him let a rusher force Rodgers to scramble, now I don't care what your opinion is about that, I will always consider that a pressure, whether some recording agency does or not, stats are only as accurate as the person recording them, and I'am not as impressed with PFF as I was a few years back.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 19:49
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 19:34
OK 5 to 7 uncaught catchable passes, whatever, go rewatch the game,
Call it whatever you like, but it still isn't reality. I could rewatch the games until the rapture and would still not see 86 to 119 whateveryouwanttocallthem on the season.
your funny, ya defend receivers who don't catch passes that you complain about in the game threads when they don't, you want it both ways, and your not going to get it, you defend some stat and question what you actually see, I refuse to do that.
Our guys absolutely whateveryouwanttocallthemed passes this season. They did so as much or more than any other team in the league. That still does not mean there were 5 to 7 of them a game. I don't defend any stat here nor do I question what I see. I question what you see because what you see is not usually based in reality and in this case it most certainly is not. It is based around a narrative that you have to defend at all cost which has you inventing things that never happened. I will give you a challenge. You go back to every game this season and name 86 drops. I will leave this forum forever if you can legitimately name the plays where those 86 happened.

FYI, you do realize your fictitious 5 to 7 is a stat too, right?
it's the same thing with pass PRESSURES, you defended Bakhtiari when PFF said he didn't have a pressure, yet I watched him let a rusher force Rodgers to scramble, now I don't care what your opinion is about that, I will always consider that a pressure, whether some recording agency does or not, stats are only as accurate as the person recording them, and I'am not as impressed with PFF as I was a few years back.
Nope, I never even gave the play a comment or even a second thought. This is you inventing things again, not to mention hijacking... In fact, I believe you are correct in that 1 instance, a pressure should have been given to Bakhtiari in that game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 19:31

I seem to be in the minority that the Rodgers we saw this year is not actually as bad as he looked, but I'am tired of beating that subject to death
No you're not. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
17 Jan 2023 15:07
Today, Aaron said on Pat McAfee (in response to AJ Hawk) that he can still play at an MVP level, in the right circumstances.

That speaks to my comment above. In short form, if Aaron gets the OLine and receiver play that he had in his two MVP seasons, the question would be, “Why not?” I’m surprised that somebody hasn’t commented on that comment of his today yet.
I think the more interesting quote was him talking about how he does not want to be part of a rebuild. The Packers are almost $22 million over the cap and this is after last year having cap casualties due to being over the cap. It's a full on rebuild now!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

“This game is about relationships,” Rodgers said. “It’s about the guys you rely on, even if they don’t show up huge in the stat book. A guy like Marcedes Lewis, he’s an important cog in the wheel of the locker room and the momentum of the team. That’s a guy I want to finish my career with, you know? If I’m playing, I want that guy next to me. I want the Randall Cobbs of the world, if he wants to keep playing, in my locker room.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 20:43
“This game is about relationships,” Rodgers said. “It’s about the guys you rely on, even if they don’t show up huge in the stat book. A guy like Marcedes Lewis, he’s an important cog in the wheel of the locker room and the momentum of the team. That’s a guy I want to finish my career with, you know? If I’m playing, I want that guy next to me. I want the Randall Cobbs of the world, if he wants to keep playing, in my locker room.
Yeah I am not really interested in fielding another season of Aaron's friends combining for 350 receiving yards.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Jan 2023 21:25
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yeah I am not really interested in fielding another season of Aaron's friends combining for 350 receiving yards.
Lol

Those comments are def designed to pressure gutey into signing Erin’s butties again. Taking the roster spots of two young guys.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
That quote is what’s wrong with Rodgers. He used to mock the young receivers for liking video games. He’s got a point there, but maybe he should make buddies with the guys on the roster with actual talent. That said, this is recycle of that same problem..his “brothers” on the team are the useless Lewis and Cobb, he should have made buddies with Doubs and Watson.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 20:04
Call it whatever you like, but it still isn't reality. I could rewatch the games until the rapture and would still not see 86 to 119 whateveryouwanttocallthem on the season.
I didn't say 5 to 7 drops for the whole season, but you know that, this is why it's a waste of time to discuss anything with you.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 23:53
Pckfn23 wrote:
I didn't say 5 to 7 drops for the whole season, but you know that, this is why it's a waste of time to discuss anything with you.
Your reply to wizard did specify and since his post was about the season and more, plus you started off by saying 5 to 7 a game...
Buy Ok, let's go with the first half of the season to which you changed your argument to then. Can you name the 40 drops in those first 8 games?

Edit:
Oh, I found this one:
"we had about 5 drops a game for about 6 games"

Let start by identifying which 6 games we had 5 to 7 drops.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 00:09
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Your reply to wizard did specify and since his post was about the season and more, plus you started off by saying 5 to 7 a game...
Buy Ok, let's go with the first half of the season to which you changed your argument to then. Can you name the 40 drops in those first 8 games?

Edit:
Oh, I found this one:

no, lets not, I know what I saw, you simply refuse to acknowledge that you saw it to, which makes you dis honest, as I said, it was the same with the pass pressures, why bother to even watch the games, you can always wait for the statsters from PFF to tell you what happened.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 21:58
go pak go wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
That quote is what’s wrong with Rodgers. He used to mock the young receivers for liking video games. He’s got a point there, but maybe he should make buddies with the guys on the roster with actual talent. That said, this is recycle of that same problem..his “brothers” on the team are the useless Lewis and Cobb, he should have made buddies with Doubs and Watson.
Completely agree. I can fully get on board of wanting vets who can deliver now. I especially got on board with that in 2020 - 2022.

But the talent evaluator of Rodgers seems to put his heart and friendships ahead of production. I will give credit to Lewis. Amazing blocker. But Randall Cobb has been invisible the last two years which is saying a lot considering the receivers he was competing for playing time.

I really am not interested in sacrificing 2024 - 2026 so we can see Cobb hobble out there again for a 325 yard season and converting 3 key 1st downs all year.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 06:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Edit:
Oh, I found this one:

no, lets not, I know what I saw, you simply refuse to acknowledge that you saw it to, which makes you dis honest, as I said, it was the same with the pass pressures, why bother to even watch the games, you can always wait for the statsters from PFF to tell you what happened.
I'm not going to get into this fight outside of:

A. 5 to 7 drops is a LOT for any NFL team. You may have it for a game or two but anything beyond 3 games is a major, major problem and more people than a fan in the upper peninsula of Michigan would be screaming about it. Especially if done by a team has highly publicized as the Green Bay Packers and from a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers.

B. Your memory, recollection and information sharing has been admitted by you to be shotty and exaggerated a lot. You consistently get defensive on how "you don't have a memory like us".

So combine those two variables, and your credibility is pretty low here.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2023 06:52
Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Edit:
Oh, I found this one:

A. 5 to 7 drops is a LOT for any NFL team. You may have it for a game or two but anything beyond 3 games is a major, major problem and more people than a fan in the upper peninsula of Michigan would be screaming about it. Especially if done by a team has highly publicized as the Green Bay Packers and from a quarterback like Aaron Rodgers.

B. Your memory, recollection and information sharing has been admitted by you to be shotty and exaggerated a lot. You consistently get defensive on how "you don't have a memory like us".

your very good at insulting me, but it doesn't change a thing, I see what you refuse to admit, our receivers failed to catch a lot of passes this year that they should have and it had very little to do with the QB

game announcers point out drops or passes that should have been caught, the reason you don't acknowledge them is because it hinders your ability to rag on Rodgers, they also mention often how receivers are not open, or look to be running the wrong route, your refuse to acknowledge that as well for the same reason.

you defended this idiotic WR situation and blamed Rodgers for the last 5 years for every game we lost, when a child could easily see that outside of Adams the group possessed very minimal talent, rarely gained separation and dropped plenty of catchable passes, for christ sakes MVS barely had a 50% catch rate, when two rookies look better then anyone we've brought in the last 7 years it makes a profound statement, yet for that time frame it's all Rodgers fault, your problem is you refuse to direct the blame at the actual problem, and that makes you, what? well the word starts with a S and it aint smart.

you may get your wish, Rodgers retires or we trade him, whatever, I just know that if receivers drop Loves passes you'll change your tune, defend Love and blame the receivers for not making the catch, as you should have with Rodgers.

I don't even like Rodgers, but I wont stoop to lay blame at his feet for the fails of the receivers, or the GM's lack of improving that situation for almost a decade.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 07:50
go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2023 06:52
Yoop wrote:

your very good at insulting me, but it doesn't change a thing, I see what you refuse to admit, our receivers failed to catch a lot of passes this year that they should have and it had very little to do with the QB

game announcers point out drops or passes that should have been caught, the reason you don't acknowledge them is because it hinders your ability to rag on Rodgers, they also mention often how receivers are not open, or look to be running the wrong route, your refuse to acknowledge that as well for the same reason.

you may get your wish, Rodgers retires or we trade him, whatever, I just know that if receivers drop Loves passes you'll change your tune, defend Love and blame the receivers for not making the catch
Yes our WRs did drop a lot of ball this year. We were amongst the league leaders in dropped passes. It was bad in 2022 and something we need to improve upon.

The good news is the drops did start to improve the 2nd half of the season but we still had some drops issues. I think Doubs is most concerning at this point as Watson really turned it around. As for the other non rookie WR's...they won't be or shouldn't be Packers anyways.

I have absolutely no problem acknowledging the drops issues in 2022. But your drops numbers are incredibly exaggerated and though it had some impact on the offense's performance, I do not see the drops going from 27 to 17 drops (or 40 "catchable ball" incompletions to 30 "catchable ball" incompletions a season being the primary variable that will spring this Rodgers led offense back to prominence like you continue to like to scream on this forum.
Last edited by go pak go on 18 Jan 2023 08:22, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
I see what you refuse to admit, our receivers failed to catch a lot of passes this year that they should have and it had very little to do with the QB
No one refutes that. It's the volume of these drops that is the issue here and it changes the position in many arguments. This is beyond simple to me. The pass catchers didn't always do Rodgers a ton of favors, especially in comparison to previous seasons AND even without those drops, Rodgers did not play as well as he did in previous seasons. From a pure volume standpoint compared to the rest of the league, our offense still should have been more efficient than it was... and it really was starting to get there until laying an egg in the finale.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Edit:
Oh, I found this one:

Let's not? Ok, how about we start with any 3 game stretch? Any 3 game stretch this past season with 5 to 7 drops. Give us the 15 to 21 plays where that happened. Hey, if you make it to 6 straight games and show those 30 legitimate drops, I will leave the forum forever, never to return. We all know you won't and can't, as it never happened in the first place.

I can't acknowledge something NO ONE, let alone I, ever saw.

https://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/tmleade ... L&rank=232 - 30 total drops on a 17 game season.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... vanced.htm - 40 total drops on a 17 games season.

Vikings - 2 - Dillon, Watson
Bears - 1 - Doubs
Bucs - 1 - Dillon
Patriots - 2 - Doubs, Deguara
Giants - 0
Jets - 6 - Dillonx2, Doubs, Lazard, Jones, Winfree
Commanders - 5 - Doubx2, Tonyan, Lazard, Jones
Bills - 1 - Jones
Lions - 2 - Watkinsx2
Cowboys - 1 - Watson
Titans - 3 - Lazardx2, Watson
Eagles - 3 - Dillon, Jones, Cobb
Bears - 3 - Cobb, Deguara, Lewis
Rams - 1 - Jones
Dolphins - 3 - Doubsx2, Lazard
Vikings - 2 - Jones, Watson
Lions - 4 - Doubsx2, Dillon, Lazard

You are trying to claim that it is more than double. If it is something you want to claim, back it up! BRING PROOF!

I am not even claiming there may be more drops than are counted here. That is probably very true. I AM claiming that 5 to 7 drops a game is complete &%$@.

The pass pressures thing was something you simply couldn't understand. You couldn't understand that 2 different sites would have 2 different totals. But hey! Let's not hijack another thread, ok?!

I bring relevant and interesting articles and stats from multiple sources. I do it every game. What I DO NOT do is make things up in an attempt to make my opinion looks better.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:15
Yoop wrote:
I see what you refuse to admit, our receivers failed to catch a lot of passes this year that they should have and it had very little to do with the QB
No one refutes that. It's the volume of these drops that is the issue here and it changes the position in many arguments. This is beyond simple to me. The pass catchers didn't always do Rodgers a ton of favors, especially in comparison to previous seasons AND even without those drops, Rodgers did not play as well as he did in previous seasons. From a pure volume standpoint compared to the rest of the league, our offense still should have been more efficient than it was... and it really was starting to get there until laying an egg in the finale.
see I would agree with this, it's GPG and 23's failure to simply acknowledge that in the 2020 PO game as I said to Wizard we had roughly 5 dropped passes, 1 a sure TD another a probable TD and others that stalled drives, just as we did prior to Rodgers calling out the receivers about the 5th or 6th game to start this season.

I admitted long ago that Rodgers wasn't playing as well as he used to, but instead of stopping at that, I pointed out some reasons why, and that is what they refuse to accept, the OL started inconsistent, and remained that way off and on the entire season, and lack of chemistry with receivers and dropped passes added to the problems, a simple acknowledgment of that and we wouldn't be having this back and forth.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:28
see I would agree with this, it's GPG and 23's failure to simply acknowledge that in the 2020 PO game as I said to Wizard we had roughly 5 dropped passes, 1 a sure TD another a probable TD and others that stalled drives, just as we did prior to Rodgers calling out the receivers about the 5th or 6th game to start this season..
WHAT?! You are insane. The 2020 Playoff game wasn't even in the conversation. It was and always has been about your 5 to 7 drops a game over some changing period of games THIS SEASON. Wizard didn't even mention the 2020 playoff game!! You first brought up the 2020 playoff game 13 hours ago and now blame that for a weeks old argument??!!

2 drops in that game, BTW. Adams and Jones.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Jan 2023 08:48, edited 2 times in total.