Saints @ Packers GDT: Sunday Sep 24 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:38
Labrev wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:36
Rodgers totally would have packed it in after failing to connect with Taylor on 4th down. In games where the team was playing like garbage but the score still within reach and the game winnable, you could see that 12 mentally checked out and had awful body language, not-so-subtly sending the message of, "well THEY are not doing their jobs, what can I do?"

Love just showed what a real leader does: hang in there, gut it out, grind.
Um, no. Rodgers played pretty well against da Bears a few years ago in a great comeback.
lol I knew somebody was going to say this
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:19
And the Vikes lost on the last play of their game. INT by Chargers.
At some point we are going to be rooting for MN so they don't get a top 5 pick.

Yes. They will be that bad this year
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:40
paco wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:19
And the Vikes lost on the last play of their game. INT by Chargers.

Rooting for? Maybe not. Rooting for the other team to lose, maybe. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This is actually one of the highlights of the game too.
image.png
image.png (67.85 KiB) Viewed 3978 times
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 13:38
williewasgreat wrote:
24 Sep 2023 13:30
I am most disappointed in the offense. They are completely discombobulated. Penalties, poor execution, dropped passes, poorly placed passes etc. This is a young team that is not getting much of any help from the coaching staff.
I'm the exact opposite. Expected times like this with the O, especially given the injuries.

Defense has tons of high end picks and talent. Veterans. Crap play calls, crap effort, crap technique (not by all or all the time).
Effort and calls definitely got better in that 4th quarter. Glad to see they didn't roll over.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Really weird game.

On the whole, the defense played great. Only allowed 10 points with the TD coming on a short field. I guess 13 points if you want to count the last FG drive.

The offense was bad but there were so many opportunities. Honestly Love played bad. He miss threw on so many balls and really struggles with the deep ball. The offense left a lot of points out there.

1. The first drive
2. The missed throw to Musgrave drive
3. The Patrick Taylor flop

I mean we are looking at 21 points potentially at minimum that we left out there.

And yet when it mattered....Jordan Love kept bringing the JUICE!!!!!
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:42
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:40
paco wrote:

Rooting for? Maybe not. Rooting for the other team to lose, maybe. :lol:
I can't see MN get a good draft pick in this upcoming QB class.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I’ve gotten into the habit of getting a post-game thread started for those members who maybe like to differentiate between the game day talk and post-game talk.

Tell me what you think? Prefer to separate the conversations or just have it all in one long thread?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:43
paco wrote:
24 Sep 2023 13:38
williewasgreat wrote:
24 Sep 2023 13:30
I am most disappointed in the offense. They are completely discombobulated. Penalties, poor execution, dropped passes, poorly placed passes etc. This is a young team that is not getting much of any help from the coaching staff.
I'm the exact opposite. Expected times like this with the O, especially given the injuries.

Defense has tons of high end picks and talent. Veterans. Crap play calls, crap effort, crap technique (not by all or all the time).
Effort and calls definitely got better in that 4th quarter. Glad to see they didn't roll over.
Once we stopped committing penalties the O started to move the ball.

I'm still in shock over this one. :banana: :banana: :banana:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, best game I’ve been to in quite while.

Different just getting swamped for 3 quarters. With Aaron, it’s we $%@#, with Jordan, it’s just well let’s just finish strong.

Gotta say, after first field goals, 10 minutes left or whatever, placed looked as full as ever and don’t think anyone left. Crowd woke up loud. I’ve heard louder, but it was smart, very loud when Saints in huddle actually. Super quiet on O. Amazing atmosphere.

Can’t wait for the stupid gold package game on Thursday now, hopes will remain high for that crowd. Although prolly shouldn’t.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Something interesting about this team under Lafleur is they never look average haha. They either find the spark and look like world beaters, or they look utterly awful. It’s weird, but the good is very good!!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:54

Different just getting swamped for 3 quarters. With Aaron, it’s we $%@#, with Jordan, it’s just well let’s just finish strong.

Gotta say, after first field goals, 10 minutes left or whatever, placed looked as full as ever and don’t think anyone left. Crowd woke up loud. I’ve heard louder, but it was smart, very loud when Saints in huddle actually. Super quiet on O. Amazing atmosphere.

Can’t wait for the stupid gold package game on Thursday now, hopes will remain high for that crowd. Although prolly shouldn’t.
Stupid? I don’t think so. I will admit I do my share of complaining to the Yahoos around us that don’t know they should be quiet when we’re on offense. It is unfair to say we’re stupid. :dunno: :lol:
GO PACK GO!!!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

APB wrote:
24 Sep 2023 15:46
I’ve gotten into the habit of getting a post-game thread started for those members who maybe like to differentiate between the game day talk and post-game talk.

Tell me what you think? Prefer to separate the conversations or just have it all in one long thread?
Separate for me please. I like a pregame lead up, in game convo and then post game thoughts reactions.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
24 Sep 2023 16:07
BF004 wrote:

Stupid? I don’t think so. I will admit I do my share of complaining to the Yahoos around us that don’t know they should be quiet when we’re on offense. It is unfair to say we’re stupid. :dunno: :lol:
Ok, maybe not stupid.

How about poor fans? Unenthusiastic? Uninformed? Quiet? Bitch at people for standing?

It’s not a good professional sports crowd that helps their team on two games a year. It’s unfortunate, really.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:12
GJPackerBacker wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Ok, maybe not stupid.

How about poor fans? Unenthusiastic? Uninformed? Quiet? Bitch at people for standing?

It’s not a good professional sports crowd that helps their team on two games a year. It’s unfortunate, really.
Hate to say it. But there are times I don't think the Green package is that much better.

We are who we are. More like a country club than a game.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:15
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2023 18:12
GJPackerBacker wrote:

Ok, maybe not stupid.

Hate to say it. But there are times I don't think the Green package is that much better.

We are who we are. More like a country club than a game.
We are upper half in the league, but still lack badly behind many. But it’s a night and day difference green and gold package games, imo.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Watching the Seattle game and DT J Reed looking better for them then he ever did for us

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

MY_TAKE wrote:
24 Sep 2023 14:22
With the best players at their positions out you just can't afford to play a half-assed game. 10+ penalties is ridiculous and I could go on and on. Funny thing is they could still win, but cant get out of their own way
Looking at my own post during the game. LOL. I had not given up but, was frustrated with special teams penalties every single punt return it seemed. I hadn't completely melted down. :rotf: