Green Bay Packers' News - 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would go 4 years 200m, 180 guaranteed.

I love JLove, but hes had a half year of very good play, and he still looked small in the BRIGHTEST moments. (cant blame him, hes young)

I wouldnt want to be locked in for 5+ years. Hes too young to know what 3 years will look like.

But hes earned a big check. I would try to get in around 50m

Make the next deal the 7 year deal if hes earned it
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Packers never go 90% guaranteed.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

did he do enough to secure a huge contract? I'd like to see a few more games prior to signing off on 5 years for 250 mil.

these freaking contracts have become border line insanity to me, people starving, homelessness, and these athletes are paid like GODS :thwap: :nono:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I really like Jeff Hafley. Perfect blend of calm, cool, and collected and excitable rah rah guy. He didn't really say anything, yet I am more confident that our defense is going to be good than I have been in a long, long time.

Read More. Post Less.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

Yoop wrote:
06 May 2024 14:15
did he do enough to secure a huge contract? I'd like to see a few more games prior to signing off on 5 years for 250 mil.

these freaking contracts have become border line insanity to me, people starving, homelessness, and these athletes are paid like GODS :thwap: :nono:
I agree.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Papa John wrote:
06 May 2024 15:09
Yoop wrote:
06 May 2024 14:15

I agree.
I think, yes, he did do enough. For those basing negative opinions on the last game (not necessarily yoop or PJ), watch the highlights and reacclimate yourself with what really happened. Love was excellent in the first half, moving his feet and buying time to find the open guy. I totally forgot that he led a scoring drive to open the game that should have been a TD if not for PI. Right look, good ball, but the DB made enough of an impact on Doubs that he couldn't get to the ball. Slightly off on a tipped ball over the middle that was picked in the 3rd quarter. Bad throw, fine decision. Those plays happen. Obviously the last pick was bad.

What really happened, though, was Love leading the Packers to a 6-point and 7-point lead in the 2nd half and almost had them back in front by 7 late in the 4th if Carlson made a 41 yard FG. Why did we lose this game? Just watch the highlights, seriously. Darnell Savage and Jonathan Owens are the worst two players on the field and it shows up over and over and over. I really didn't realize they were THAT bad.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's weird to think about the "what if" of Savage dropping that INT. Had he caught it and returned it for a TD, we win that game, maybe advance further. And then what happens to Savage this offseason? If he had pick-6s in two straight playoff games, do we keep him around? Or does the front office have the emotional discipline to have made a season-long evaluation as they did?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
06 May 2024 15:32
It's weird to think about the "what if" of Savage dropping that INT. Had he caught it and returned it for a TD, we win that game, maybe advance further. And then what happens to Savage this offseason? If he had pick-6s in two straight playoff games, do we keep him around? Or does the front office have the emotional discipline to have made a season-long evaluation as they did?
We were not going to pay him, but maybe it would have made his market hotter.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Also. Would if Savage made the play in 2020 vs the Bucs? The dude could be close to a playoff legend with 2 rings and a giant a$$ contract.

The NFL is a brutal game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
06 May 2024 17:51
YoHoChecko wrote:
Also. Would if Savage made the play in 2020 vs the Bucs? The dude could be close to a playoff legend with 2 rings and a giant a$$ contract.

The NFL is a brutal game.
Always failing to make the big play in the big moment is why he’s on a new team. It’s not some slim margin between hero vs goat for savage, he has the speed to get in position to make a play…just not the composure, that’s just him.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't remember what play Savage failed to make against 2020 Tampa. :dunno: I remember Will Redmond dropping a would-be pick, which would have prevented the Scottie Miller TD before the half.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
06 May 2024 22:22
I don't remember what play Savage failed to make against 2020 Tampa. :dunno: I remember Will Redmond dropping a would-be pick, which would have prevented the Scottie Miller TD before the half.
That, and I also remember the INT Rodgers threw which gave possession to Tampa with time running out in the first half which led to the eventual Scotty Miller TD.

#triggeralert

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

APB wrote:
07 May 2024 06:00
Labrev wrote:
06 May 2024 22:22
That, and I also remember the INT Rodgers threw which gave possession to Tampa with time running out in the first half which led to the eventual Scotty Miller TD.

#triggeralert
That pick wouldn't have happened if we had drafter Justin Jefferson instead of Jordan Love. :lol:

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

The Savage play was when Brady threw a bomb down the middle and Savage made what looked like a good play, tipping the ball in the air, but then it landed on Chris Godwin for a huge reception.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Acrobat wrote:
07 May 2024 10:15
The Savage play was when Brady threw a bomb down the middle and Savage made what looked like a good play, tipping the ball in the air, but then it landed on Chris Godwin for a huge reception.
Oh I remember that.

I just rewatched, because I thought it was more an incredible/fluke play by Tampa than a bad one Savage. Nope, I was wrong. Savage put himself in position nicely but his play on the ball was terrible.

It reminds me of the long completion he gave up last year @ATL. Man, how did he get so bad at playing the ball in the air?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Labrev wrote:
07 May 2024 10:48
Acrobat wrote:
Oh I remember that.

I just rewatched, because I thought it was more an incredible/fluke play by Tampa than a bad one Savage. Nope, I was wrong. Savage put himself in position nicely but his play on the ball was terrible.

It reminds me of the long completion he gave up last year @ATL. Man, how did he get so bad at playing the ball in the air?
Unfortunately he was never good at it. Ball skills are so important for safeties and he just really lacks it. He can actually be a decent safety when he plays fired up if that part of his game was there.

The play in Atlanta will always haunt me because it happened right in front of me. Any other safety and that is an interception. I can't believe Savage did not pick off that ball let alone allow a completion. The TV camera on that play did not do it just on how poorly Savage played it. It's like he literally didn't want the ball.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Labrev wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Oh I remember that.

Yep, and I don't know if we necessarily win that game if he makes that play. We played horrible as a collective team that day, but it certainly didn't help things.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Acrobat wrote:
07 May 2024 11:08
Labrev wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Oh I remember that.

Yep, and I don't know if we necessarily win that game if he makes that play. We played horrible as a collective team that day, but it certainly didn't help things.
We were the better team. We just had multiple big plays go against us that ordinarily don't go against us. Kind of the Packer playoff theme.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
07 May 2024 10:59
Labrev wrote:
Acrobat wrote:
Oh I remember that.

Unfortunately he was never good at it. Ball skills are so important for safeties and he just really lacks it. He can actually be a decent safety when he plays fired up if that part of his game was there.

The play in Atlanta will always haunt me because it happened right in front of me. Any other safety and that is an interception. I can't believe Savage did not pick off that ball let alone allow a completion. The TV camera on that play did not do it just on how poorly Savage played it. It's like he literally didn't want the ball.
Savage was a hot and cold player to often.. yes, ball skills are very important for any DB, imho whats also important is scheme fit, we saw two different players in Savage, one a ball hawking safety when his area of coverage was shrunk by 30 yrds, in 2 high we saw 10 games of Savage at his very best one year, in one high though, a player who took far to long to react.

my best memory of Savage was I think late year one, KIng was being beaten like a unwanted step child by a TE (can't remember the name, Davis???), Capers rolled Savage over to cover him and that was the last we heard of that TE in that game, Savage had talent, for whatever reason it never really lasted with us.

also, we always think we know whats going on when we watch, imo we don't, and I mean that in a nice way :lol: we think we know, however Teddy T said , we aint got a stinking clue :rotf: :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
07 May 2024 12:16
go pak go wrote:
07 May 2024 10:59
Labrev wrote:

Oh I remember that.

my best memory of Savage was I think late year one, KIng was being beaten like a unwanted step child by a TE (can't remember the name, Davis???), Capers rolled Savage over to cover him and that was the last we heard of that TE in that game, Savage had talent, for whatever reason it never really lasted with us.
So your best memory of Savage was covering a tight end, but you don't know who, releiving King, who was an outside corner in 2019 and likely didn't cover TE's that year, and responsibility adjusted by a defensive coordinator who wasn't our defensive coordinator.

Savage must not have made a huge impression.
Yoop wrote: