Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Man, the Lions gonna be stacked at WR, too.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 17:39
Man, the Lions gonna be stacked at WR, too.

Hasn't played a game since 2021... Probably not going to move the needle much.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Isn’t Patrick a slot boy? Whenever you put him on the field it makes them a worse team because you take Amon Ra Should be Packer in a position where he’s less effective.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Aug 2024 14:22
which 3?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
28 Aug 2024 19:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
which 3?
Grant Dubose
Anthony Johnson Jr
Kristian Welch
Royce Newman

One of these must not be classified as a "claim"
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Aug 2024 20:01
BF004 wrote:
28 Aug 2024 19:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
which 3?
Grant Dubose
Anthony Johnson Jr
Kristian Welch
Royce Newman

One of these must not be classified as a "claim"
That'd be Welch.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I saw Samori Toure signed onto the Bears practice squad.

Bears have some talent and depth at WR already. I wonder if this was a developmental move by them or simply intel gathering?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2024 13:03
Chief cut former R1 draft pick Kadarius Toney. Guess they tried and failed to find a trade partner. Probably the biggest "name" I've seen cut so far.
I’m sure it’s mostly luck, but I have a freakishly good track record on finding good WRs in the draft. Never really loved Toney like I did others, but I was pushing for the Packers to take him in the first round. That was probably my biggest miss I’ve had in some time.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Samaje Perine signed with the Chiefs. Got to commend them for seeing weaknesses and addressing them ASAP. Gute should have done this as we have no 3rd down back after Dillon’s injury. Instead we are hoping for the best.

https://www.si.com/nfl/chiefs/news/chie ... h-one-move

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

James Bradbury out 6-8 weeks.

Meaning he’ll miss the Eagles Packer game.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

BF004 wrote:
29 Aug 2024 11:25
Meaning he’ll miss the Eagles Packer game.
That's unfortunate. :)
I listened to Fangio talking about versatile players the other day and he said there are lots of players who can handle versatility - from a physical point of view. But he said- there's precious few who can handle it mentally. Bradberry was one of those guys
IT. IS. TIME

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

More on the eagles here:

With Jason Kelce retiring, more of the pre-snap calls fall on Hurts this year. That's a new challenge for him, might help Hafley in game 1

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eag ... ion-eagles

Jalen Hurts admits that he was told "not to worry about a lot of things" when it came to pass protection with Jason Kelce under center, but now with the passing of the torch to 25-year-old third year center Cam Jurgens, Hurts will have a more important role in things like picking up the blitz.
IT. IS. TIME

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

This is painful to read and I don't even like the Panthers...

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I understand the rationale to post that but I always hate the methodology to include one year of Burns for a trade package they reportedly turned down.

I do understand that an opportunity cost is a real cost but still bugs be to see it presented this way.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Aiyuk stays with the 9ers.

Sounds like 30 per.

Torn on that, I think he's underrated and deserving of that, but SF has so many mouths to feed. But with just Kittle, Deebo, and CMC, they all getting old and are injury prone, so they need that.

Makes them obviously much better this year.

Sounds like they gunna be in some real cap hell next year at this point and going forward. They so lucky they got a competent QB on a 7th round contract right now.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

BF004 wrote:
29 Aug 2024 18:08

Sounds like 30 per.

Torn on that, I think he's underrated and deserving of that, but SF has so many mouths to feed. But with just Kittle, Deebo, and CMC, they all getting old and are injury prone, so they need that.

Sounds like they gunna be in some real cap hell next year at this point and going forward. They so lucky they got a competent QB on a 7th round contract right now.
They still have to do something to make Trent Williams happy

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

BF004 wrote:

Sounds like 30 per.

I hadn't really thought about injuries until reading your post, but yes, it almost seems ripe for an injury riddled disaster and I don't hope for that. I think the 49ers could regress anyway. I think what we see from purdy is his ceiling. He is fine, but he's not great and I don't think he can really carry a team if they have injuries to key players.

Papa John
Reactions:

Post by Papa John »

MY_TAKE wrote:
30 Aug 2024 04:47
BF004 wrote:

Sounds like 30 per.

I hadn't really thought about injuries until reading your post, but yes, it almost seems ripe for an injury riddled disaster and I don't hope for that. I think the 49ers could regress anyway. I think what we see from purdy is his ceiling. He is fine, but he's not great and I don't think he can really carry a team if they have injuries to key players.
This is what too many people don't want to admit. Is he better than Garoppolo? Yes. But that still isn't saying much. I think he's an intelligent player, I'll say that.
"It's better to decide wrongly than weakly; if you're weak, you're likely to be wrong anyway."
- Bill Parcells

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

I don’t think Purdy has reached his ceiling. He does have physical limitations but so did Brady. He’s already way better than Jimmy G. especially in terms of awareness, accuracy and professionalism. I would not bank on him getting figured out or regressing.