Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yikes, now it is up to 14 players and coaches on the Marlins who have tested positive. Need to figure out what they did wrong to avoid that in other sports.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2020 13:34
Yikes, now it is up to 14 players and coaches on the Marlins who have tested positive. Need to figure out what they did wrong to avoid that in other sports.
I dont know how the MLB tests are done. I would assume its the same but the Air Force testing isnt just a clear negative or positive. The test comes back as a percentage chance. So for example one of my coworkers felt sick and got tested and it came back positive but it was only a 30% chance. So everyone he worked with got quarantined 2 weeks. He felt better after a day.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Vitale opts out of season for pats. Pretty surprising, seemed like the place for his career to really take off to me. Bill won’t forgive.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

bobsacamano
Reactions:

Post by bobsacamano »

Vikes seem to have a COVID issue with their players and staff.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Patriots' players opting out of the season, thus far:
Hightower
Chung
Bolden
Vitale
Cannon
Toran

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Marlins players testing positive up to 15. Good news is that no Phillies players tested positive thus far. Kind of apples to oranges with football, but good that, at least in baseball, it doesn't look like it spread team to team.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jul 2020 11:14
Hightower
Chung
Bolden
Vitale
Cannon
Toran

Is bill telling his guys to take the year off so he can draft him a Trevor Lawrence come 2021?

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yep, Tanking for Trevor is going to hit all time lows.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jul 2020 12:50
Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Jul 2020 11:14
Hightower
Chung
Bolden
Vitale
Cannon
Toran

Is bill telling his guys to take the year off so he can draft him a Trevor Lawrence come 2021?
I mean, other than Hightower and maybe Chung, its not exactly a who's-who of the Patriots roster.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
28 Jul 2020 13:09
I mean, other than Hightower and maybe Chung, its not exactly a who's-who of the Patriots roster.
Sure, but it's still 3 starters with 6 days left before the decisions have to be made.

I'm very much rooting for Dalvin Cook to use it as a holdout threat; like "gimme a new deal by Monday or else I'm taking the season off and getting my stipend for it"

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Vikings' DT Michael Pierce and Bears DT Eddie Goldman both are opting out for the year.

Gunzaan
Reactions:

Post by Gunzaan »

Players dropping out all over the place. I’m not surprised, especially with the baseball situation, but it must be nice to not have to work for an entire year.

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

I hope this isn't the calm before the storm.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il put this in this thread bc the discussion is more for the entire league...but I understand it was the honorable thing for the league to do. That is PAY players to opt out, let them just pick up where they left off with their contract in ‘21. But I’m wondering if that was too generous from a strictly business or strategic standpoint. These dominos could fall en mass soon. I mean I understand playing if you are on your first year deal and looking to show off and get paid, or you are at the end of the deal and want the time to be acrued so you can go get paid.

But outside of that, why the heck would you play? The league is gonna PAY you a small stipend to sit at home, not take any risk, get the body perfect for ‘21 when you will still have a job, and not be punished.

If you’ve already made some money in the league, or football just isn’t your everything..i don’t see why majority of entire teams starters wouldn’t opt out. I mean their is no negative to it if you already are financially secure.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Jul 2020 17:09
But outside of that, why the heck would you play? The league is gonna PAY you a small stipend to sit at home, not take any risk, get the body perfect for ‘21 when you will still have a job, and not be punished.
As Dennis Rodman said, "I play the game for free. You only have to pay me to deal with the off-court stuff"

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

5 years 135 million for Bosa. With the cap set to drop next year. Gotta day I don’t get it, bar now set to $27 million on D.

Za’Darius already looking like a bargain.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2020 11:30

This is not good for the prospects of a football season. Now we will see how this plays out. Marlins home opener cancelled tonight.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
29 Jul 2020 11:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Jul 2020 11:30

This is not good for the prospects of a football season. Now we will see how this plays out. Marlins home opener cancelled tonight.

The bubble works