Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 May 2021 21:57

I think AR is being a bitch with the leaks. And I think the GM has mismanaged the team the last 12 months.

If forced I choose AR over the GM, but how the $%@# did things deteriorate to this point?
Well put. AR has always been that way to some degree, and with age and fame and money it has gotten much worse.

Gute is a crappy GM. I think he had a good draft this time (for once, but time will tell), but his other off-season moves were awful (King, Preston, not taking a real shot at Watt). Don't forget, King was basically Gute's first pick - he was running the show that draft - and in the process passed on TJ Watt.

Luke Haines
Reactions:

Post by Luke Haines »

I’m surprised a lot of you rather get rid of the MVP and are siding with Gutekunst when it’s obvious some of this was leaked by the team and none of us knows the full story. Especially since Gutekunst is such a crappy GM.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Luke Haines wrote:
02 May 2021 01:38
I’m surprised a lot of you rather get rid of the MVP and are siding with Gutekunst when it’s obvious some of this was leaked by the team and none of us knows the full story. Especially since Gutekunst is such a crappy GM.
Agree with Gute being a crappy GM. :beer2: But what evidence is there this was leaked from the team? Or by AR for that matter? All I know is it was leaked.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
01 May 2021 21:35
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 May 2021 20:35
If Rodgers wants to retire to show the world how badly he wants to win a Super Bowl, I’ll call that bluff 6 days a week and twice on Sundays
So you'd give up 3 first round picks and let him "retire"?

That's the long play here by Rodgers....refuse to play/retire a la Carson Palmer.

The organization then chooses between nada or beacoup draft selections....not a hard choice.

On a side note, who knew things were so bad between the GM and AR? I wonder if this acrimony preceded Love, with the Love pick pushing it over the top.

I also wonder if failing to bring in Watt pissed off Rodgers and/or Linsley leaving is involved here.
I'd say yes, the fued probably dates back to Guty and the FO not &%$@ canning McCarthy prior to 018 when Rodgers had to embarrass McCarthy to cause his firing, thats not the QB's job to convince the FO a change needed to happen and was long over due, why people can't see how disfunctional that situation was is beyond belief, I remember saying Rodgers was our hero and was nearly baned from this forum, what are all you people deaf dumb and blind? I mean seriously that was so obvious to me

so ya, Love was the straw that broke the camals back, and Guty probably holds a grudge that Rodgers forced that firing, but someone had to do it, Management sat on there hands and did nothing for 2 years while our offense went down the drain, we needed receivers, what did Guty do, brought in 3 mid rounders that needed a ton of work, crips we hadn't used a 1st round pick on offense for a decade.

I don't care any more how this ends up, I blame everyone involved, but I sure as hell blame management more then Rodgers, ya have to coddle your stars a little bit, not tell them to not make waves, shut up, go play QB, we'll take care of the rest, after Rodgers had to force them to fire McCarthy.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Rodgers is more of a packer and done more as a packer than Gutekunt ever will.

Fans supporting Gute in this are incredibly disloyal.

A good sense is always looking at an outsider view - basically every outside view has been that the organization has treated Rodgers poorly and brought this on themselves.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bud fox wrote:
02 May 2021 03:18

A good sense is always looking at an outsider view - basically every outside view has been that the organization has treated Rodgers poorly and brought this on themselves.
Then why did AR let a 40 something Brady outplay him? Why didn't he prove Gutey wrong instead of choking?

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 04:14
bud fox wrote:

Then why did AR let a 40 something Brady outplay him? Why didn't he prove Gutey wrong instead of choking?
Brady did not outplay Rodgers. The Bucs team outplayed the Packers team. Brady did not play very well.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

bud fox wrote:

Fans are outsiders, they don't work in the front office. All "outside views" have been media spins and hearsay thus far. Even Rodgers' "off the cuff" non-camera "interview" at the Derby was parsed as charitably to him as possible.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
01 May 2021 22:04
It’s possible it is being overlooked that this started just after Rodgers got engaged. Very possible his fiancé told him she wanted to marry him but no way in h*** she would live in GB :idn:
There might be more to this idea than people realize. Rodgers seems to have "issues" with interpersonal relationships, family, girlfriends, etc.,. It could be that his fiancé was the source of some of these leaks. Right now, we have no idea.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

He didn't. Brady won but with just launching balls and having his receivers make plays against our backs.

Our team is not like the Bucs unfortunately. If they were Rodgers would of swept through the league

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

bud fox wrote:
02 May 2021 05:05
TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

He didn't. Brady won but with just launching balls and having his receivers make plays against our backs.

Our team is not like the Bucs unfortunately. If they were Rodgers would of swept through the league
The game was in Green Bay. The Packers were 3 point favorites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

TheSkeptic wrote:
02 May 2021 05:44
bud fox wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

So ... Brady had 3 TDs 3 ints his big plays were lobs that his wrs won the catch.

Rodgers was 3 TDs 1 int and Adams had his worst game of the season.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

bud fox wrote:
02 May 2021 05:59
TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

So ... Brady had 3 TDs 3 ints his big plays were lobs that his wrs won the catch.

He had 3 tries from 8 yard line at the north endzone end of the field and didn't make an inch. Gotta believe Majik or Favre would have figured something out. Lost 4 out of 5 NFCCGs (half empty). Won 1 out of 5 NFCCGs (half full). So far........... great QB with MVPs, record QB rating and fantastic TD:INT ratio statistic.

Scouting report: Great ability to make plays all over the field. Capable of MVP quality season performances. Won't throw stupid interceptions like Favre did ........ will eat the ball ala Bart Starr if necessary. Fearless. Tough. Somewhat of a whiner with arrogant personality. Horrible body language control on the field. Could be difficult to manage. Team building and leadership skills training will likely be required.

GO PACK GO!

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 May 2021 23:56
Some people have this mixed up.

Aaron is the guy who is supposed to play and perform per his contract. He is the EMPLOYEE.

Guty is the General Manager, or the BOSS. Aaron works for the BOSS.

Save the media drama and manipulation for some other time. Aaron is under contract. It’s natural for a guy in his position to have changing feelings. It happens to all of us. But he is acting like a spoiled child and putting himself before the TEAM. He shall not and must not be rewarded for that.

I’m all in with Guty and the Green Bay Packers!
Another way to look it ............ the players play for the GREEN BAY PACKERS and are EMPLOYEEs of the GREEN BAY PACKERS. And the coaches, GM, etc. are EMPLOYEES of the GREEN BAY PACKERS as well. The Packers aren't going anywhere. All of the players and coaches and GMs, etc. end of leaving at some point in time. From reading Bob Harlan's book, Harlan was in charge of the GREEN BAY PACKERS during the transformations (Holmgren, Wolf, Reggie, Favre, Lambeau Field re-births, etc.). Mark Murphy is in charge of the GREEN BAY PACKERS (not MLF, Gutey, Aaron Rodgers :swear: , etc.).

GO PACK GO!!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:
bud fox wrote:

It's primarily because Davante Adams and Aaron Jones sucked. Those two directly gave the Bucs 11 points. Kevin King directly gave 14. Maybe it was 21. I can't remember.

It doesn't get talked about enough how much Jones and Adams lost the game for us. But because Davante and Jones are good, fans give them a pass. But it has to be SOMEBODY right?

So let's instead blame Gute for having inadequate playmakers at the #3 - #5 level. Yeah it's because Gute relied on Lazard to be our #5 playmaker why we lost.

Nevermind Rodgers threw to him when Tonyan was open or didn't throw to him when Lazard was wide open in the endzone.

No no. Clearly we lost because we had Lazard as our 5th best playmaker and didn't go after Antonio Brown.

Oh we did go after Antonio Brown and he chose Brady over Rodgers? Well let's just pretend we didn't go after AB then!
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I mean Gute needs to have a backup plan when your #2 and #1 playmaker are being stopped. You need to have someone different. Someone physical to step up when needed.

Oh AJ Dillon was awesome and MLF just didn't feed him the ball when he was the only one seeing success in the 2nd half?

Well we like MLF. So yeah. It was Gute. Gute fits my narrative better and Gute drafted Dillon in Round 2 when Bob McGinn said we needed a WR. Gute sucks.
Last edited by go pak go on 02 May 2021 07:45, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 07:40
bud fox wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

It's primarily because Davante Adams and Aaron Jones sucked. Those two directly gave the Bucs 11 points. Kevin King directly gave 14. Maybe it was 21. I can't remember.

It doesn't get talked about enough how much Jones and Adams lost the game for us. But because Davante and Jones are good, fans give them a pass. But it has to be SOMEBODY right?

So let's instead blame Gute for having inadequate playmakers at the #3 - #5 level. Yeah it's because Gute relied on Lazard to be our #5 playmaker why we lost.

Nevermind Rodgers threw to him when Tonyan was open or didn't throw to him when Lazard was wide open in the endzone.

No no. Clearly we lost because we had Lazard as our 5th best playmaker and didn't go after Antonio Brown.

Oh we did go after Antonio Brown and he chose Brady over Rodgers? Well let's just pretend we didn't go after AB then!
The best LT in the game was not on the field due to injury. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and QB were unable to adjust to Bakh's absence.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
02 May 2021 07:45
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 07:40
bud fox wrote:

The best LT in the game was not on the field due to injury. Head Coach, Offensive Coordinator and QB were unable to adjust to Bakh's absence.
It's Gute's fault for not opening up the purse strings and having a 2nd team All Pro LT as backup.
Yoop wrote:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Guty has handled this with class and integrity, at least as far as the pressers have gone. He even gave Aaron credit for some things. When one of the reporters disparaged something that Aaron supposedly had said, Guty’s reply was that Aaron hadn’t said that to him and he hasn’t said that publicly either. So, you see a level-headed and respectful Guty in the public conversations. And we won’t ever really know the behind the scenes stuff.

But again, if some of you want to say that the Packers or Guty have mishandled this, you need to go back to the contract. Drafting Love wasn’t blowing it. Some say that Guty and the staff should’ve stroked Aaron’s ego more. To that, I say NOT. Guty himself has always said he welcomes input from Aaron. That is not the same as giving Aaron what Aaron wants.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!