What to do with Aaron (with season now in dumpster)?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop wrote:
17 Jan 2023 19:31
oh theres nothing cute about 5 to 7 dropped passes, 1 to Tae in the EZ another I can't remember who, but it also would have been a TD to end the 2020 PO's,
I also brought evidence that sets the parameters for how stats are recorded.

and pressures, your refusal to acknowledge these narrow guild lines recorders are forced to use makes you disingenuous and unwilling to discuss frankly all sides of the issue, catchable passes are also expected to be caught, and our receivers need to make those catches.
Last edited by Yoop on 18 Jan 2023 08:50, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:28
NCF wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:15
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 07:50
I see what you refuse to admit, our receivers failed to catch a lot of passes this year that they should have and it had very little to do with the QB
No one refutes that. It's the volume of these drops that is the issue here and it changes the position in many arguments. This is beyond simple to me. The pass catchers didn't always do Rodgers a ton of favors, especially in comparison to previous seasons AND even without those drops, Rodgers did not play as well as he did in previous seasons. From a pure volume standpoint compared to the rest of the league, our offense still should have been more efficient than it was... and it really was starting to get there until laying an egg in the finale.
see I would agree with this, it's GPG and 23's failure to simply acknowledge that in the 2020 PO game as I said to Wizard we had roughly 5 dropped passes, 1 a sure TD another a probable TD and others that stalled drives, just as we did prior to Rodgers calling out the receivers about the 5th or 6th game to start this season.

I admitted long ago that Rodgers wasn't playing as well as he used to, but instead of stopping at that, I pointed out some reasons why, and that is what they refuse to accept, the OL started inconsistent, and remained that way off and on the entire season, and lack of chemistry with receivers and dropped passes added to the problems, a simple acknowledgment of that and we wouldn't be having this back and forth.
I know about the Adams drop for a TD. I know about the EQSB drop for the 2 Pt conversion. I know those two drops. Believe me. I never forget those. Lazard also missed a catchable ball over the middle on that day (he had a really rough game). I was HARD on Adams while he was a Packer in 2021 because he ruined a SB trip for us. I definitely will be harder on a guy like Adams than a guy like EQSB as my expectations are different between the two.

I know the Lazard wrong route near the EZ. I also believe Lazard should have fought harder on the interception ball.

I also know Rodgers took too many sacks. I also know Rodgers overthrew MVS 3 - 4 times on vertical routes that were TDs if the ball was good. I also know Rodgers missed a wide open Tonyan on his interception (which led to the Scotty Miller TD) and a wide open Lazard on the panic ball to Adams.

I know them all yoop. If I am missing any please let me know but I remember and blame the 2020 transgressions on a lot of people.

The best player on offense in that 2020 game is MVS. It is a shame Rodgers didn't hit him more because MVS could be a Packer legend. But football is a team sport and just like the WRs let Rodgers down on certain days...Rodgers let MVS down on that day.

Having said all of that, none of the 2020 NFC Title game matters when evaluating what to do with Aaron Rodgers going into 2023.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The greatest dropped pass in Packers history occurred on Christmas Eve in 1995 at Lambeau Field.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:36
Yoop wrote:
oh theres nothing cute about 5 to 7 dropped passes, 1 to Tae in the EZ another I can't remember who, but it also would have been a TD to end the 2020 PO's,

and pressures, your refusal to acknowledge these narrow guild lines recorders are forced to use makes you disingenuous and unwilling to discuss frankly all sides of the issue, catchable passes are also expected to be caught, and our receivers need to make those catches.
You brought no evidence what so ever.

I've brought and acknowledge how pressures are tabulated on those sites. That doesn't make anything disingenuous. I think you don't understand the meaning of that word. What sides of the issue are not being talked about?

Agreed. Receivers need to make catches on catchable balls. No one has refuted that. We will all refute that that was ever 5 to 7 a game for more than a game or 2, let alone 6 or half a season or a full season.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:45
I also know Rodgers took too many sacks. I also know Rodgers overthrew MVS 3 - 4 times on vertical routes that were TDs if the ball was good. I also know Rodgers missed a wide open Tonyan on his interception (which led to the Scotty Miller TD) and a wide open Lazard on the panic ball to Adams.
you simply had to admit the dropped passes and I only remember one over throw to MVS, and a mix up on the route on another shorter pass to MVS, and who can say who's fault that was, Rodgers may not have been perfect, but he sure as hell wasn't the reason for that 2020 loss, or most of the other PO losses.

I want to keep Rodgers because he gives us the best chance to win in 2023, but if he goes at least I wont have to listen to you and others whine because he didn't have a perfect game, ya wore me out, I'am ready to listen to you cry about the next QB

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:55
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:36
Yoop wrote:

You brought no evidence what so ever.

I've brought and acknowledge how pressures are tabulated on those sites. That doesn't make anything disingenuous. I think you don't understand the meaning of that word. What sides of the issue are not being talked about?

Agreed. Receivers need to make catches on catchable balls. No one has refuted that. We will all refute that that was ever 5 to 7 a game for more than a game or 2, let alone 6 or half a season or a full season.
your a liar, you call out others for it, yet wont own up to it yourself, you didn't bring anything explaining how stats are recorded, I DID, just as with the convo with Wizard, you fail to acknowledge anything that doesn't fit what ever agenda your on.

of course you've refuted drops and catchable passes, the same way you refuted pass pressure NOT RECORDED

and stick your insults where the sun doesn't shine you smart ass jerk, I know when a person is less then forth coming in a conversation which describes you to a T

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:13
your a liar, you call out others for it, yet wont own up to it yourself, you didn't bring anything explaining how stats are recorded, I DID, just as with the convo with Wizard, you fail to acknowledge anything that doesn't fit what ever agenda your on.
Liar? About what?

I definitely brought the definitions of a pressure from both sites. You even brought an article that explained how they looked at drops and I agreed with it!! Remember the quote about "your old man" and glancing off finger tips?

Where did you explain how stats are recorded? You threw out 2 or 3 examples of things that you even said you couldn't remember details about...

I have acknowledged what you say. I just think what you say is out of touch with reality.
of course you've refuted drops and catchable passes, the same way you refuted pass pressure NOT RECORDED
100% I will refute your statement of 5 to 7 drops a game because it is wrong. I DO NOT refute that we had too many drops this season or that we led the league in that category.

I didn't refute pass pressures, I simply brought a different site's tabulation because we could not see the stats on the other site. This is you again getting confused... 2 different sites, 2 different tabulations due to different definitions.
I know when a person is less then forth coming in a conversation
What am I being less than forthcoming about? I have explained everything I have brought up and provided evidence...

The fact is, that you have been proven wrong on your 5 to 7 dropped passes a game rhetoric so now you are grasping at straws to try and save face. In reality, you overstated your case in your attempted defense and would have been much better served to have just admitted it and went with our pass catchers dropped too many passes this season. The latter NO ONE DISAGREES WITH.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 18 Jan 2023 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Amazing that I can scroll through two pages or more of a thread and realize that nothing worthwhile was achieved, unless we want to say that some of the members were bickering and name-calling.
Sigh.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I was away on vacation for 4 days and I come back and we're still talking about dropped passes and not talking about Aaron's recent comments.

Cool.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Acrobat wrote:
18 Jan 2023 10:48
I was away on vacation for 4 days and I come back and we're still talking about dropped passes and not talking about Aaron's recent comments.

Cool.
We tried! We really did!
Pckfn23 wrote:
17 Jan 2023 20:43
“This game is about relationships,” Rodgers said. “It’s about the guys you rely on, even if they don’t show up huge in the stat book. A guy like Marcedes Lewis, he’s an important cog in the wheel of the locker room and the momentum of the team. That’s a guy I want to finish my career with, you know? If I’m playing, I want that guy next to me. I want the Randall Cobbs of the world, if he wants to keep playing, in my locker room.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:05
ya wore me out, I'am ready to listen to you cry about the next QB
And I am ready to listen to your excuses for why Rodgers couldn't get it done for those other teams that have everything you want (but have also admitted you don't actually watch); I think you are about to find that those 'better' teams also have sub-par players, and I expect they will be the excuse for why Rodgers doesn't deliver (again).

If we have to face the music for pushing Rodgers out (a guy who probably is not going to play more than 2-3 more years anyway), you also have to face up to how he performs elsewhere for insisting we so need him.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2023 11:42
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 09:05
ya wore me out, I'am ready to listen to you cry about the next QB
And I am ready to listen to your excuses for why Rodgers couldn't get it done for those other teams that have everything you want (but have also admitted you don't actually watch); I think you are about to find that those 'better' teams also have sub-par players, and I expect they will be the excuse for why Rodgers doesn't deliver (again).

If we have to face the music for pushing Rodgers out (a guy who probably is not going to play more than 2-3 more years anyway), you also have to face up to how he performs elsewhere for insisting we so need him.
He wont go to a team with a GM so idiotic to not provide him skill position players, or who spends his most valuable resources trying to build a top 5 defense, so I doubt I have much to worry about, you on the other hand should hope these receivers catch passes Love throws in there vicinity so you don't have to whine about him.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:12
no one is stopping you from talking about anything, fact is you bring nothing, why would anyone miss nothing?
Huh?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
He wont go to a team with a GM so idiotic to not provide him skill position players, or who spends his most valuable resources trying to build a top 5 defense, so I doubt I have much to worry about,
Too bad the "skill position players" Rodgers has in mind are Randall Cobb and Marcedes Lewis.

Those are the guys he name-dropped in his McAfee interview. And here you are thinking he's gonna demand Justin Jefferson. :lol:
you on the other hand should hope these receivers catch passes Love throws in there vicinity so you don't have to whine about him.
Why would I whine about Love if the receiver does not catch passes?

If the pass by Love is bad, I will blame him. If the pass is good and the WR drops, I will blame the WR.

I truly don't understand how this simple concept eludes you.
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

In fact, I will argue that the 2022 rookie WRs will look *better* with Love throwing them the ball than Rodgers.

Why? A few reasons.

For one, they won't be trying to run two playbooks at once all the time, the MLF playbook and the Rodgers playbook. This is not a Rodgerz Haterz take, the offense having "two playbooks" is a well-documented FACT, one that nobody within the org denies and that Rodgers himself all but confirms.

If anyone disagrees, they are disagreeing with Aaron Rodgers, who said that the team loses when they try to do too much, and that the key in that situation is to 'simplify' things (the irony here beingg him not taking his own advice, demanding that WRs learn his football hieroglyphics).

So they will have much simpler offense to run, which allows them to think less and go out and execute more confidently.

Second, Love probably won't stop throwing to a guy due to not having enough 'trust' in them.

Third, Love will use the middle of the field, not just the sidelines, so there are more opportunities.

I'm not saying Rodgers's experience won't be missed in the passing game at all, it's not even to say that Love will be a better QB than Rodgers next year, but solely that Love will be an overall better QB for the 2022 rookie wideouts' production.
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:49
Yoop wrote:
He wont go to a team with a GM so idiotic to not provide him skill position players, or who spends his most valuable resources trying to build a top 5 defense, so I doubt I have much to worry about,
Too bad the "skill position players" Rodgers has in mind are Randall Cobb and Marcedes Lewis.

Those are the guys he name-dropped in his McAfee interview. And here you are thinking he's gonna demand Justin Jefferson. :lol:
you on the other hand should hope these receivers catch passes Love throws in there vicinity so you don't have to whine about him.
Why would I whine about Love if the receiver does not catch passes?

If the pass by Love is bad, I will blame him. If the pass is good and the WR drops, I will blame the WR.

I truly don't understand how this simple concept eludes you.
it alludes me because any time a receiver didn't catch a pass you blamed Rodgers , when a ball hits the receivers hands and falls to the dirt you blamed Rodgers for not making the pass easier to catch, and it's not just this season, you and others here have been crying about it for years.

Justin Jefferson could have been our WR, instead we have a voided out 2020 draft, we could have given every stinking draft pick for the right to move up and taken him and come out ahead.

I give two &%$@ about what happens after next year, I'am not in the habit of predicting the future, and usually don't dwell on the past, but that had to be one of the lamest drafts I could imagine, about 10 or so receivers could have helped us, our GM whiffs and takes a kick returner who can't hold onto the ball.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:59
For one, they won't be trying to run two playbooks at once all the time, the MLF playbook and the Rodgers playbook. This is not a Rodgerz Haterz take, the offense having "two playbooks" is a well-documented FACT, one that nobody within the org denies and that Rodgers himself all but confirms.
only a fool can't understand what Rodgers was referring to, and if you can't grasp it that makes you one, don't be a idiot, there was and never has been a Rodgers playbook, you listen to to many media jerks who only want you to listen while they make up any ol &%$@ you'll accept.

back field deception is complicated, back field mistakes are usually costly, a 10 yr old can understand that, get your head out of grade school :lol:

when a defense takes away all your short schemes, where the hell would you be throwing the ball? come on, this stuff is so simple I feel ashamed having to sit here and explain it to you.

when any QB that plays for the Packers throws a pass in the vicinity of the receiver, I expect that receiver to make that catch, to expect less as you and others are doing is nothing more then directing blame away from that receiver and back on the QB, I will never do that to Love. hell, I've stood up for Love as much or more then anyone here, why would I accept it when you diss Rodgers.

drops = incompletions

un caught catchable passes = the same dang thing

29 recorded drops + 3 or 4 catchable incompletions = about 6 uncaught catchable passes a game or approximately 100 uncaught catchable passes a season, or a uncaught catchable pass for every 5.5 thrown, why that seems acceptable to anyone is incomprehensible to me, but, ya, lets blame the QB :thwap:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I do agree that Love would probably use the middle of the field more than Rodgers. Rodgers doesn’t stay away from the middle of the field. He much prefers the outward patterns, for reason of wanting fewer INTs. But he still throws the occasional slants and other things between the hash marks.

Love would also run more than Rodgers. Once he gets better at escaping the pocket, he would look like a young Aaron Rodgers perhaps.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 13:38
Labrev wrote:
18 Jan 2023 12:59
only a fool can't understand what Rodgers was referring to, and if you can't grasp it that makes you one, don't be a idiot, there was and never has been a Rodgers playbook, you listen to to many media jerks who only want you to listen while they make up any ol &%$@ you'll accept.
Oh my god, what [mention]Labrev[/mention] is referring to is from direct, on-the-record quotes by players, not some writer's opinion!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:32
Yoop wrote:
18 Jan 2023 08:28
see I would agree with this, it's GPG and 23's failure to simply acknowledge that in the 2020 PO game as I said to Wizard we had roughly 5 dropped passes, 1 a sure TD another a probable TD and others that stalled drives, just as we did prior to Rodgers calling out the receivers about the 5th or 6th game to start this season..
WHAT?! You are insane. The 2020 Playoff game wasn't even in the conversation. It was and always has been about your 5 to 7 drops a game over some changing period of games THIS SEASON. Wizard didn't even mention the 2020 playoff game!! You first brought up the 2020 playoff game 13 hours ago and now blame that for a weeks old argument??!!

2 drops in that game, BTW. Adams and Jones.
calm down
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur