Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
19 Dec 2021 21:48
paco wrote:
18 Dec 2021 16:22
Watching TV is becoming impossible. All Disney owned stations are now off of YouTube tv, including ABC and ESPN.

I switch to Hulu, I lose other stuff. I'm already paying extra for Philo so I can get History. We watch 5 different services regularly.

Almost considering going to Spectrum and ditch some of the streaming again. There is nowhere you can go to get everything that is reliable and doesn't cost a fortune or lock you into a contract.
I hear ya. The problem with Spectrum is their technology is sooooo bad. Even their internet based live TV app isn't good. YTTV is the best because of its interface and unlimited cloud dvr. But not happy about losing Disney stations. We had to sign up for a month of Sling to watch the Badgers in the 🏐 national championship yesterday. Would go to Hulu but by the time you pay for extended cloud dvr and being able to skip commercials it is more $$$ than YTTV even with their price increase in August (since Hulu has had their own price increases).

The choices are much worse and more expensive than a couple years ago when we first cut the cord.
I'm with ya. I hate that options are so limited and some like Spectrum are so unbelievably behind the times on technology. We pay through the roof for BS services. Same with Internet, but I'm not going to go down that rabbit hole tonight.

I wish like hell I watched the badgers volleyball team in their run the the championship. I enjoy watching it. I played, a little, in high school. Was very close to being on a varsity team that came very close to winning state (but that's a long story that involves a f'in moron who actually ended up with a nothing career in the NFL).
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

My wife and I celebrating our 30th year of marriage today.

Yes, I'm as surprised as many of you are that someone has put up with my ass for 30 years... :mrgreen:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Hey y'all. I have a friend who is a browns fan (yea I know) thats traveling to GB for the game. He asked me where to go eat and drink. I havent lived up there in over 15 years so I'm not the expert.

Any help would be great

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:52
Hey y'all. I have a friend who is a browns fan (yea I know) thats traveling to GB for the game. He asked me where to go eat and drink. I havent lived up there in over 15 years so I'm not the expert.

Any help would be great
You can pick through this. Ignore the Training Camp stuff and just focus on the eats and hot spots around GB. If looking for a nice dinner, I would always recommend The Prime Quarter.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

It's a wonder I come home at all.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
21 Dec 2021 08:52

Any help would be great
Quite a few good places in Green Bay. Oshkosh sucks for restaurants. What kinds of places is he looking for? Prime Quarter is great for steaks (you grill your own). 1951 is also very good, it is on the north side. If looking for a cafe type place, Julie's Cafe in De Pere is really good especially for breakfast but for lunch has really good chicken booyah. Al's Hamburgers on Washington St is really good (hole in the wall but great). Krolls on on Ridge bordering Lambeau is also very good for burgers, cheese curds, etc., though the east side of town location's foot tastes better IMO. Chili Johns for some chili on Military Road just north of the stadium a couple miles. Bay Family Restaurant is a little cafe about a mile from Lambeau on the corner of 9th St and Military Ave and is great for breakfast. Bay Family Restaurant on Military Ave also has a good breakfast, they used to have a really good Sunday brunch when they were part of the Best Western right next to Lambeau. He want a fish fry for Friday night? Several good places there (though some have closed for one reason or another). Or a supper club for some broasted chicken on Saturday night?

Just depends on what they want.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Wife's family forgot me on Christmas again. That makes twice by them and once by mine that I didn't get a gift in the last 5-6 years.

I really don't care, but starts to make you wonder just how invisible you are.

Yeah I'm whining and griping, so what?
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
25 Dec 2021 01:27
Wife's family forgot me on Christmas again. That makes twice by them and once by mine that I didn't get a gift in the last 5-6 years.

There’s a lot of love for you here, Paco! Hope you have a Merry Christmas despite lack of whatever gift you would have forgotten about in a month anyway… ;)

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:

I'm sure I can send you something, What's on your wish list?

Merry Christmas.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:

At least it was your wife's family. For me thus year it was my wife. I got a box with a piece of paper in it of the costco flyer sale that starts on the 29th with an item circled that I mentioned on like the 23rd as something I wanted. Then a fleet farm gift card she got on the 24th.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Dec 2021 11:13
paco wrote:

At least it was your wife's family. For me thus year it was my wife. I got a box with a piece of paper in it of the costco flyer sale that starts on the 29th with an item circled that I mentioned on like the 23rd as something I wanted. Then a fleet farm gift card she got on the 24th.
Ouch.
RIP JustJeff

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

Well, look on the bright side, at least you can't bitch about getting the wrong thing when you get it.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
26 Dec 2021 12:41
wallyuwl wrote:
paco wrote:

Ouch.
We traded no gifts this year. Not between my wife and me or our kid. Just wasn't that important this year. Hell, the kid gets pretty much what she wants during the year as do we. MAybe next year will feel more like Christmas.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Raptorman wrote:
26 Dec 2021 20:44
paco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

Ouch.
We traded no gifts this year. Not between my wife and me or our kid. Just wasn't that important this year. Hell, the kid gets pretty much what she wants during the year as do we. MAybe next year will feel more like Christmas.
This is mostly what we do (get what we need during the year) and did, but put a fairly low $$$ limit just so we had something to exchange. Just showed no thought or care. Disappointing.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

wallyuwl wrote:
26 Dec 2021 22:53
Raptorman wrote:
26 Dec 2021 20:44
paco wrote:

Ouch.
This is mostly what we do (get what we need during the year) and did, but put a fairly low $$$ limit just so we had something to exchange. Just showed no thought or care. Disappointing.
Yeah, I can understand that. Do you know what is even more disappointing? I have two sisters who don't communicate with me. At all. Why? Because they don't agree with me politically. To me, that's pathetic. My Wife's niece didn't invite us to her wedding or even tell us she was pregnant.
I could never be that cold to any family member. Even if I hated them.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The New York Times just bought The Athletic for $550M. What are the odds on when content prices skyrocket, quality goes downhill, and they start firing all the good people?
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 09:39
The New York Times just bought The Athletic for $550M. What are the odds on when content prices skyrocket, quality goes downhill, and they start firing all the good people?
They have already lost a lot of good writers over the last year, which was very disappointing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 09:44
paco wrote:
They have already lost a lot of good writers over the last year, which was very disappointing.
That sucks. I've barely been out there since I renewed (which is my own fault). But definitely something to keep an eye on.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 09:54
Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:
That sucks. I've barely been out there since I renewed (which is my own fault). But definitely something to keep an eye on.
I definitely won't renew next year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:
Any idea why they're leaving?