Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crosby was absolutely perfect, to bad we couldn't have given him 12 more FG attempts, dang it :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:10
go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 08:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 08:24

I will say this. I am a firm believer the personnel on defense is not up to par. You can not continue to put poor LBs on the field and expect different results against the run. You cannot keep fielding Dean Lowry as the guy to help Kenny Clark and expect different results. That is on Gutey. It is no surprise those two positions struggled yesterday. Devondre Campbell looked lame, lost, and terrible.
The Saints put out sh*t in their front 7 outside their ends and did just fine.
Demario Davis is a damn good LB. Marcus Davenport is going to breakout this year. Cam Jordan is a good player. Kwon is a fast LB if kept clean. That is a good front 7. They lacked DTs but they had talent.
You can say the exact same thing about our front 7 except substitute the ILB for Kenny Clark.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2021 08:59
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 08:24

I will say this. I am a firm believer the personnel on defense is not up to par. You can not continue to put poor LBs on the field and expect different results against the run. You cannot keep fielding Dean Lowry as the guy to help Kenny Clark and expect different results. That is on Gutey. It is no surprise those two positions struggled yesterday. Devondre Campbell looked lame, lost, and terrible.
well our OL made them look like HOFamers, Rodgers very rarely had more then a 3 count before protection broke down and I agree with Lupe, our front 7 played for &%$@, no pressure and near zero run containment.
Yes. It could be that our Oline did in fact just suck that much to make their defense look that awesome. Probably the most viable answer honestly.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:06
As you can see this game was a pessimist's... I mean, realist's dream. All "predictions" made before the season have undoubtedly come true and even some that were not made before the game have magically come true as well. There was not a single bright spot in this game. To me that only points to the coach not having his team ready to play the first game, nothing more, nothing less. All the "I told you sos" really show the true nature of that individual, not the team. Far too little of a sample size to be making such statements.
Everyone knows though you have to have good DTs to win the game. Been saying that for years. *honestly I have been* :lol: (just don't look at the depth chart of the Saints DTs okay)
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:33
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

well our OL made them look like HOFamers, Rodgers very rarely had more then a 3 count before protection broke down and I agree with Lupe, our front 7 played for &%$@, no pressure and near zero run containment.
Yes. It could be that our Oline did in fact just suck that much to make their defense look that awesome. Probably the most viable answer honestly.
Most reports are that the O-line was "Fine" yesterday, especially in pass protection. Run blocking was a different story. Patrick got bad grades all around but Elgton was considered good and the 2 rookies did decent. Even Rodgers said protection was fine, he just sucked.

Not saying I agree or not, just throwing it out there. Overall, analysts don't appear to be blaming the O-line in this one.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:47
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Most reports are that the O-line was "Fine" yesterday, especially in pass protection. Run blocking was a different story. Patrick got bad grades all around but Elgton was considered good and the 2 rookies did decent. Even Rodgers said protection was fine, he just sucked.

Not saying I agree or not, just throwing it out there. Overall, analysts don't appear to be blaming the O-line in this one.
I blame Rodgers for his crappy decisions and our "upgraded WR room" for not being able to separate and get open.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Interestingly enough, Patrick graded well.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:36
Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:06
As you can see this game was a pessimist's... I mean, realist's dream. All "predictions" made before the season have undoubtedly come true and even some that were not made before the game have magically come true as well. There was not a single bright spot in this game. To me that only points to the coach not having his team ready to play the first game, nothing more, nothing less. All the "I told you sos" really show the true nature of that individual, not the team. Far too little of a sample size to be making such statements.
Everyone knows though you have to have good DTs to win the game. Been saying that for years. *honestly I have been* :lol: (just don't look at the depth chart of the Saints DTs okay)
haaaaaa, what was that DT's name that I wanted to pick instead of you know who 3 years past draft :rotf:

I think we can do better then we showed last night with the players we have on the roster, imo we simply where out coached, Lowery has his worts for sure, but I saw him shift pre snap right out of the run gap and not have the strength to return, Clark played well, but even he has issue like that, so imo thats coaching, same with our ILB's rarely filled the open gaps and looked slow to react with both run and pass, again that to me speaks to poor coaching, poor prep and game plan.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

If this doesn't change next week, Lafleur or Barry need to be shot into the sun.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:58
If this doesn't change next week, Lafleur or Barry need to be shot into the sun.
yep, King again gets himself so out of position that he can't recover, you'd think after 4 seasons we'd realize that he is not dependable.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Does anything else need to be said?
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:47
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I would concur with this. Newman was horrible on the 1st pick but otherwise I too thought they did "okay". Not great but not terrible.

That being said, I certainly expected more domination in the middle on running plays. Then again, when you only give AJ Dillon 4 carriers (and half of those result in 1st downs)...that's on you Matt LaFluer.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Sep 2021 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 10:02
haaaaa, when your LT has more tackles then your CB then you should ask your LT to play two way, I bet Jenkins would put Lowery on the bench :lol:

King had one nice tackle, I think it was on a 3rd down play :idn:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:54

haaaaaa, what was that DT's name that I wanted to pick instead of you know who 3 years past draft :rotf:

I think we can do better then we showed last night with the players we have on the roster, imo we simply where out coached, Lowery has his worts for sure, but I saw him shift pre snap right out of the run gap and not have the strength to return, Clark played well, but even he has issue like that, so imo thats coaching, same with our ILB's rarely filled the open gaps and looked slow to react with both run and pass, again that to me speaks to poor coaching, poor prep and game plan.
The defense looked lost and confused the whole game. I definitely noticed that.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

The thing with Newman is, that is pretty much what you should expect from him. He can give you an awful lot if you commit to running the ball and going play action. That is his strength. Pass protection isn't. Cam Jordan is a tough assignment, too, so whatever his grade was yesterday should be curved by the play calling. They could not have possibly done more to make it harder on him.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am of the same opinion that while the line wasn't good, it wasn't horrible either. I think along with other aspects (LBs, Gary, etc...) it is just an example of confirmation bias.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 13 Sep 2021 10:19, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 10:02
I feel like Ive said enough on the matter since draft day.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:50
Interestingly enough, Patrick graded well.
Seems right. If I would have graded it the line would have gone best to worst left to right. I would assume PFF out Newman below Turner but I thought Turner had yet another below average game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »