Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Vikings fans kill me man. They just bounce from mediocre QB to mediocre QB. The only time they’ve had a great in the past 30 years is when they picked up one of our old ones lmao.

What a bunch of sorry bums.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:50
Raptorman wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:45
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Sep 2024 20:56

How many QBs live up to this 30% benchmark when their defense gives up 24+ points.
Not many. I'll have to dig it up.
Absolute proof that this was an arbitrary nonsense metric. You don't even know who it applies to! I love to see it.
Off the top of my head, Mahomes and Montana and Brady. I haven't looked at it lately.
Last edited by Raptorman on 02 Sep 2024 22:00, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:52
I noticed no one mentioned Tua? Why is that? He's not elite?
The original post this is all about mentioned Tua. He said Tua and Brock are similar players. He said Brock is around 13-15th best in the league. So you can infer that this list of 12 guys has Yua and Purdy in slots 13, 14, and/or 15.

I have no idea what point you're trying to make. Tua, Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre.

You keep just naming random guys. The argument is clear and you're obfuscating. because you have no limb to stand on.

That is a list of guys who are in the top 13-15 QBs in the league. You asked that Love be held off of it. That's your point. Kirk Cousins stats don't matter. Comparisons of Love to Rodgers and Favre don't matter. Tua doesn't matter. 30% win percentage when opposing teams score 24+ doesn't matter.

You want to make the case that Love doesn't belong in the top 13-15 QBs in the league. You have absolutely no case. So you're throwing the spaghetti at the wall and hoping something sticks. How can you even deny my claims of desperation when you're out here asking about Tua for no reason and quoting absurd metrics without even knowing how they apply (but knowing for sure it applies to two HoFers, which again is irrelevant.)

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:56
Vikings fans kill me man. They just bounce from mediocre QB to mediocre QB. The only time they’ve had a great in the past 30 years is when they picked up one of our old ones lmao.

What a bunch of sorry bums.
And the only times those Great QBs in Green Bay won the Super Bowl was when they had a great defense. Or am I wrong?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
Raptorman wrote:
02 Sep 2024 21:45

Not many. I'll have to dig it up.
Absolute proof that this was an arbitrary nonsense metric. You don't even know who it applies to! I love to see it.
Off the top of my head, Mahomes and Montana and Brady. I haven't looked at it lately.
So it's around 3 QBs over the last 40 years, but that's the reason you pick to claim Jordy Love doesn't deserve to be in the top half of QBs in 2024???
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Sep 2024 22:05
Raptorman wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

So it's around 3 QBs over the last 40 years, but that's the reason you pick to claim Jordy Love doesn't deserve to be in the top half of QBs in 2024???
Oh he may be there. I just wouldn't annoint him yet. But then this is the same group that is putting a rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL in the same category. So, excuse my trepidation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Wise move, deleting that last one.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

YoHoChecko wrote:
02 Sep 2024 22:49
Oh don't worry, it's coming back.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 09:18
YoHoChecko wrote:

this seems like a repeat of the debunked line that defenses win championships, when in reality the defense only needs to not lose the game, whomever has the most points wins championships, a defense rarely accumulate enough points to win any game

why come hear to trash our QB? why even entertain comments negative about yours, it's not as though you've had any worth actually bragging about :thwap:
to rap this, there isn't a scout or GM in this league who doesn't have Love ranked top half of league starters, some top 10, others top 5 to 7,.
sad that you lost McCarthy, but it's no reason for smack talk about Love, we did everything right bringing along LOve, and he's playing that way.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Yoop wrote:
03 Sep 2024 13:05
Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 09:18
YoHoChecko wrote:

this seems like a repeat of the debunked line that defenses win championships, when in reality the defense only needs to not lose the game, whomever has the most points wins championships, a defense rarely accumulate enough points to win any game

why come hear to trash our QB? why even entertain comments negative about yours, it's not as though you've had any worth actually bragging about :thwap:
to rap this, there isn't a scout or GM in this league who doesn't have Love ranked top half of league starters, some top 10, others top 5 to 7,.
sad that you lost McCarthy, but it's no reason for smack talk about Love, we did everything right bringing along LOve, and he's playing that way.
Who debunked it? Name 10 teams that won a Super Bowl without a top-10 defense. The Packers never have. Every one one of their Championships was with a top 4 or better defense. But, yeah, it's debunked.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

@Raptorman let's see your list of top 15 QBs in the NFL right now!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

MY_TAKE
Reactions:

Post by MY_TAKE »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Sep 2024 22:09
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Sep 2024 22:05
Raptorman wrote:

Oh he may be there. I just wouldn't annoint him yet. But then this is the same group that is putting a rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL in the same category. So, excuse my trepidation.
The list was just my opinion on who I think I would take right now going forward this year over Purdy. I expect people would have their own list. It is high praise to have Caleb Williams on my list, but I personally think he will be good. The talent is sure there. I think Purdy is good. Top half of the league. I do have a problem with his size and arm strength. He cannot make every throw. Now Caleb isn't a real big guy but his "arm talent" appears to be fantastic on the video I have seen.

Its funny you would choose to say to take Love off the list here on a Packer message board. You then gave a metric that just about disqualifies every QB in the history of the NFL from even being looked at as good. LMAO. Ironically we had this argument last year when I thought you didn't give Purdy enough credit (overrated), and I think I said he is pretty good. We argued about that for awhile. :rotf: BTW, how much more experience does Purdy actually have over LOVE. Also doesn't Purdy fit your thought process of a QB who only wins because he plays with a good defense? I think you just wanted to get a rise out of the packerbackers. Finally, I don't think anyone I mentioned sucks. It was a positive list.

There really isn't anything to anoint. I would just take Love over Purdy. That was the point.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Sep 2024 17:00
I don't make lists like that. They are useless in my mind.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 21:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
If you aren't making them, how can you provide any useful feedback?

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Viqueens QBs are always &%$@ so he needs to cope by diminishing the value of the players and of the position.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 21:01
Pckfn23 wrote:
“I don’t make lists. I just critique them”

:roll:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Labrev wrote:
03 Sep 2024 21:09
Viqueens QBs are always &%$@ so he needs to cope by diminishing the value of the players and of the position.
Ah yes, other fans can't have opinions that don't coincide with what Packers fans say. Packer fans know football better than any other fans. An old BS line. Yet, Packer fans have no problem diminishing the QB's of teams in their division whenever they can. After all, no way the Vikings could ever have a good QB. Doesn't matter how good they are, they suck. Because, well they are on the Vikings.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 22:35
they suck. Because, well they are on the Vikings.
Now you are getting it!

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Told you I would bring it back.

PPG by the Packer's defense.
18 or less 13 or 14 wins
19-20 10 to 12 wins
21-22 8 to 9 wins
23 plus. losing season.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Raptorman wrote:
03 Sep 2024 22:50
Told you I would bring it back.

PPG by the Packer's defense.
18 or less 13 or 14 wins
19-20 10 to 12 wins
21-22 8 to 9 wins
23 plus. losing season.
In a vacuum it holds no significance.