Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 10:45
BSA wrote:
02 May 2021 10:38
From Bill Barnwell:

"There's no way Aaron Rodgers should be allowed to fire Brian Gutekunst. That's too much power.
Aaron Rodgers should be allowed to nominate a younger, more athletic replacement for Gutekunst who can take over in a couple of years to keep the Packers operating at a high level."
:rotf: :rotf:
Good post Yoop!

It’s amazing how many people are seeing a rift and just going on to assume that it was caused by the Packers. Sorry to those folks. Aaron R stirred the pot. The Packers have been working with him on this for MONTHS. Imagine a PLAYER demanding how the MANAGEMENT should act. In my old line of work, that PLAYER would’ve been unceremoniously walked out, without even a 2-week severance period. (The company would pay him for the period, but he wasn’t even going to be at his desk.)

Aaron Rodgers needs to make nice and do it now. He is an adult. He doesn’t need the Packers to act nice before he does. He needs to adult-up and do it himself.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 11:29
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 11:23
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 10:55

are you purposely acting naive? if Guty and Murphy snubbed him then, it probably was brought back to the surface with the Love pick, duhhhhhh, use some common sense.
Yup. And none of that matters for the 2021 season.
well if true it explains why Rodgers feels snubbed, so of course it has to do with this coming season, look if you care about winning in this coming season, you should hope like hell that Guty and Rodgers can patch this up.

I think it's possible they can, and I will until more reliable info comes forth,
I do hope they can patch it up. The ball rests in Aaron's court since he is the one who brought up the stink to begin with. It's not about trying to sign or extend him. He's only halfway in his deal that he signed which was structured this way so Rodgers could get a boat load of guaranteed money in 2018.

It also sucks because it has been reported the Packers indeed tried to restructure and even possibly extend Rodgers's deal to free up 21 cap space and Rodgers turned it down.

So that has already cost us too because we couldn't bring anyone externally to the team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 11:38
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 11:29
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 11:23

Yup. And none of that matters for the 2021 season.
well if true it explains why Rodgers feels snubbed, so of course it has to do with this coming season, look if you care about winning in this coming season, you should hope like hell that Guty and Rodgers can patch this up.

I think it's possible they can, and I will until more reliable info comes forth,
I do hope they can patch it up. The ball rests in Aaron's court since he is the one who brought up the stink to begin with. It's not about trying to sign or extend him. He's only halfway in his deal that he signed which was structured this way so Rodgers could get a boat load of guaranteed money in 2018.

It also sucks because it has been reported the Packers indeed tried to restructure and even possibly extend Rodgers's deal to free up 21 cap space and Rodgers turned it down.

So that has already cost us too because we couldn't bring anyone externally to the team.
here you go again with this reported stuff, reported by who? also the person that started this hasn't been varified either, in fact Rodger even said to bad this stuff became media hype, it could have been his agent, and Rapaport and Shefter added in there opinions and it became blown out of preportion, even Guty said Rodgers never said to him that he wanted him fired.

so much of this is supposition, inuendo, and the assigning of blame, and until we know more, we don't know actually who to blame, all I've done is lay out a set of circumstances that may or may not have caused a falling out, for all outward appearance Rodgers was pissed off when we kept McCarthy in 018 even after getting the big contract, so my question is, would he have agreed to the contract if he had known we'd keep McCarthy? who knows, but Rodgers acted upset most of that season, and elated when Mike was fired, they hadn't spoken in 2 months, and just because Aaron didn't verbally chastise Mike, and in fact said he liked him, doesn't for a second mean he wasn't upset, actually it appeared he was fuming at times. why you would discount those reality's and act as they shouldn't pertain to whats going on now is short sighted.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:00
here you go again with this reported stuff, reported by who? also the person that started this hasn't been varified either, in fact Rodger even said to bad this stuff became media hype, it could have been his agent, and Rapaport and Shefter added in there opinions and it became blown out of preportion, even Guty said Rodgers never said to him that he wanted him fired.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 May 2021 12:04
Yoop wrote:
thanks NCF, I think, it's about what I've been saying, we don't know if Rodgers had his agent leak this, we just assume he did, and there a slang connected to the term assume as we all know, often assigning blame is mis directed, whatever both party's need to share a cup of coffee and realize unity is in everyones best interest.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers is a coward for showing up at the Derby with this story even taking up time on the broadcasts of a horse race (!!) and not finding time to find a camera and address the issue for himself. Sending Tirico on camera to spread some propaganda for him is kind of weak for both 12 and Tirico.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Scott4Pack wrote:
02 May 2021 11:36
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 10:45
BSA wrote:
02 May 2021 10:38
From Bill Barnwell:

"There's no way Aaron Rodgers should be allowed to fire Brian Gutekunst. That's too much power.
Aaron Rodgers should be allowed to nominate a younger, more athletic replacement for Gutekunst who can take over in a couple of years to keep the Packers operating at a high level."
:rotf: :rotf:
Good post Yoop!

It’s amazing how many people are seeing a rift and just going on to assume that it was caused by the Packers. Sorry to those folks. Aaron R stirred the pot. The Packers have been working with him on this for MONTHS. Imagine a PLAYER demanding how the MANAGEMENT should act. In my old line of work, that PLAYER would’ve been unceremoniously walked out, without even a 2-week severance period. (The company would pay him for the period, but he wasn’t even going to be at his desk.)

Aaron Rodgers needs to make nice and do it now. He is an adult. He doesn’t need the Packers to act nice before he does. He needs to adult-up and do it himself.
Grace I was laughing at the proposition that Aaron needed to find a MORE athletic GM to take Guty's spot, which was obviously meant as sarcasm from BSA

athletes, specially athletes like Rodgers should not be expected to be level headed about anything, the adults in this situation are Murphy and Guty.

and they know Rodgers wants to finish his career here as the starting QB, and not have to worry that he will be traded for max draft capitol in a year or two even when he is still the best QB on the team, not sure why you don't understand that, maybe you don't want to.

why any team thinks a player who gives a 100 as Rodgers has for so long would be OK with the team using them as a bargaining chip during the last couple seasons of there career is mind boggling, no one in any walk of life would be OK with that, it's the same as if a co had a employee train a new hire and when he was trained fire the guy that trained him, Like Favre said years ago, I'am not here to train my replacement.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 12:35
Rodgers is a coward for showing up at the Derby with this story even taking up time on the broadcasts of a horse race (!!) and not finding time to find a camera and address the issue for himself. Sending Tirico on camera to spread some propaganda for him is kind of weak for both 12 and Tirico.
get serious, Rodgers goes to the Derby every year, and Tirico sought Rodgers out, not the other way around, even Rapaport put this on front burner when he said Rodgers would, or would not be commenting and thast was thursday, keep stiring the pot

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:48
Drj820 wrote:
get serious, Rodgers goes to the Derby every year, and Tirico sought Rodgers out, not the other way around, even Rapaport put this on front burner when he said Rodgers would, or would not be commenting and thast was thursday, keep stiring the pot
He showed himself in public while the hottest sports story in the country was about him, and got Tirico to spout some propaganda about how he didnt want it to leak..instead of just getting in front of a mic and saying something himself.

Thats cowardly.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 12:52
Yoop wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
He showed himself in public while the hottest sports story in the country was about him, and got Tirico to spout some propaganda about how he didnt want it to leak..instead of just getting in front of a mic and saying something himself.

Thats cowardly.
your a &%$@ pot stirer upper :rotf:

nothing Rodgers could have said would have improved anything, his goal it seemed to me was to bring this back behind closed doors where it's always belonged , funny how people here are sticking up for a front office that allowed Ted Thompson at the helm two years or more to long, same with McCarthy, same with Capers, and ready to hang the QB, lis, people don't know who to blame, yet over look all that stuff.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
for all outward appearance Rodgers was pissed off when we kept McCarthy in 018 even after getting the big contract, so my question is, would he have agreed to the contract if he had known we'd keep McCarthy?
Again Rodgers is pretty stupid if your story is true. You are not painting Rodgers in a very smart light.

Aaron Rogers signed his contract extension in August 2018. You think he expected MM to be fired in September 2018?

The Packers fired MM in early December 2018. Rodgers got what he wanted in 3 months which is the same result you could hope for if he signed an extension at the time hoping Mac to be fired. Not too many head coaches get fired prior to week 1 but after Training Camp starts. Most coaches don't get fired after the 2nd week of January honestly.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

here you go again with this reported stuff, reported by who?
A potentially important detail in the battle currently being waged between Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers: Rodgers has turned down opportunities to extend or renegotiate his contract, according to Adam Schefter and Rob Demovsky of ESPN.

Or how about this one?

I mean you don't get much higher for level of source beyond Ian Rappaport and Adam Schefter. Add that Murphy, Gutey and MLF all acknolwedged there is a riff....I think we can assume there is mustard to these reports.

What likely sounds what happened is the Packers tried to restructure to free up 21 cap space. Rodgers refused because he wanted an extension. GB didn't want to do that because he is already under contract up to age 41 and we do have a young QB on our roster. Rodgers gets pissed. GB says okay we will extend and Rodgers says "too late"

There is no need to try and tilt this argument to try and win an argument. This thread has 27 pages of documentation of what is going on. Rodgers is pissed and is at least right now willing to stick it to the Packers and no longer provide his services to the Packers with 3 years left on a contract because he is mad.

That is where we are at.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 13:05
Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 12:52
Yoop wrote:

Thats cowardly.
your a &%$@ pot stirer upper :rotf:

nothing Rodgers could have said would have improved anything
Actually saying these reports are incorrect and overstated. Yes I am working with the Packers internally on some contract stuff but either way I am proud of my teammates, proud of our fans and am excited to give it another shot in 2021 for a :lombardi: . I think we have a great team and shot to do it this year and I am excited to get to work.

If he said that....it would have improved everything.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How about, "Yes there are private disputes, but I am a Packer and am committed to the Packers."
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 13:56
How about, "Yes there are private disputes, but I am a Packer and am committed to the Packers."
That would work too.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If I was Rodgers I would tell the team to go $%@# themselves as well. That’s just me if I was in the situation.

You clearly didnt believe in me when you took my replacement. Well I showed you you were wrong and won the MVP and set the 2nd greatest QB season of all time, only 2nd to myself.

Then you want to ask me a favor to restructure my contract to help you and I say let’s meet in the middle and do an extension. I deserve it. I played my ass off and showed you I still got something left. Commit to me. I want to finish my career here. The team says no.

You have showed me you do not believe in me twice. Fool me once... you know the saying.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

FYI, they don't have to ask to restructure.

Also, they did offer an extension.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2021 14:01
If I was Rodgers I would tell the team to go $%@# themselves as well. That’s just me if I was in the situation.

You clearly didnt believe in me when you took my replacement. Well I showed you you were wrong and won the MVP and set the 2nd greatest QB season of all time, only 2nd to myself.

Then you want to ask me a favor to restructure my contract to help you and I say let’s meet in the middle and do an extension. I deserve it. I played my ass off and showed you I still got something left. Commit to me. I want to finish my career here. The team says no.

You have showed me you do not believe in me twice. Fool me once... you know the saying.
yep a extension minus the guarantee to be able to finish his career here and not have to worry that he'd only be here till LOve was more ready to play then traded to whomever the FO could aquire the most capitol from doesn't help Rodgers, in fact it probably limits Rodgers future, he'd be pretty dumb to agree to that, it's a one sided deal.

all that stuff makes the FO look innocent, and Rodgers that bad guy, which is what iit's intended to do, but to anyone that thinks this true it accomplished none of the goals Rodgers wants.
Last edited by Yoop on 02 May 2021 14:22, edited 1 time in total.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:45

why any team thinks a player who gives a 100 as Rodgers has for so long would be OK with the team using them as a bargaining chip during the last couple seasons of there career is mind boggling, no one in any walk of life would be OK with that, it's the same as if a co had a employee train a new hire and when he was trained fire the guy that trained him, Like Favre said years ago, I'am not here to train my replacement.
AR surely did not give 100% in 2018. He wanted MM fired and made sure it happened.

AR is a d-bag, but in this instance there is no right side. In other words, both parties look bad (AR and Gute/Murphy). The only adult in the room seems to be MLF. If AR also gets Gute fired that would be a positive for the team, though, he is a crappt GM.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2021 14:21
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:45

AR surely did not give 100% in 2018. He wanted MM fired and made sure it happened.

AR is a d-bag, but in this instance there is no right side. In other words, both parties look bad (AR and Gute/Murphy). The only adult in the room seems to be MLF. If AR also gets Gute fired that would be a positive for the team, though, he is a crappt GM.
100% he got MM fired. If he didn’t MM would still be here.
Cancelled by the forum elites.