Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2022 10:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Jan 2022 09:44
paco wrote:
06 Jan 2022 09:39
The New York Times just bought The Athletic for $550M. What are the odds on when content prices skyrocket, quality goes downhill, and they start firing all the good people?
They have already lost a lot of good writers over the last year, which was very disappointing.
Any idea why they're leaving?
I can only guess, but I think they saw the writing on the wall that The Athletic was going to sell out, which is just did. Their entire premise when they started was to poach good writers from newspapers, and now they are selling to a newspaper...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RIP Bob.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

[mention]Pugger[/mention] Happy Birthday!
RIP JustJeff

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I tell ya what. I appreciate this forum and ppls different views here very much. That Wisconsin sports talk dump is something else. If you disagree with a certain mod you get blocked.. Well at least I do :rotf:
I haven't commented over there in over a year but I gave an emoji last night and got the boot. Idk why I even open that page at times smh

:beer2: yall to the best place in packer world

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wife threw away my $100 18 to 1 Packers to win it all ticket... It was in the box with all gift cards and offers... :kaboom:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Jan 2022 09:12
Wife threw away my $100 18 to 1 Packers to win it all ticket... It was in the box with all gift cards and offers... :kaboom:
I'm sure it was a good run. But time for a divorce!
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
15 Jan 2022 09:00
I tell ya what. I appreciate this forum and ppls different views here very much. That Wisconsin sports talk dump is something else. If you disagree with a certain mod you get blocked.. Well at least I do :rotf:
I haven't commented over there in over a year but I gave an emoji last night and got the boot. Idk why I even open that page at times smh

:beer2: yall to the best place in packer world
That's the only site I've ever gotten kicked out without knowing why. They just one day decided that they wanted no casual posters, only the core group. So they kicked out a lotta folks who had broken zero rules. :idn:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

6 days of bliss start today! Wife taking one of her sabbaticals.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
20 Jan 2022 10:21
What you gonna do? Start with a bar? Maybe run down through the quad and into the gymnasium?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Trudge wrote:
20 Jan 2022 23:53
paco wrote:
What you gonna do? Start with a bar? Maybe run down through the quad and into the gymnasium?
:lol: More like sit on my butt, eating stuff I shouldn't, watching football and playing games. I'm hoping there will be ample drinking. But so far, my taste buds haven't returned from my cold/flu. Whenever I get sick, my sense of taste, especially on booze, goes out of whack. Tried some whiskey the other day and thought I'd throw up. Going to try it again tonight and see if that's back.

When she's gone, I tend to start throwing stuff out and reorganizing things as well. Not sure I'll have the ambition, but will see how things go.
RIP JustJeff

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

paco wrote:
21 Jan 2022 06:53
Trudge wrote:
paco wrote:
:lol: More like sit on my butt, eating stuff I shouldn't, watching football and playing games. I'm hoping there will be ample drinking. But so far, my taste buds haven't returned from my cold/flu. Whenever I get sick, my sense of taste, especially on booze, goes out of whack. Tried some whiskey the other day and thought I'd throw up. Going to try it again tonight and see if that's back.

When she's gone, I tend to start throwing stuff out and reorganizing things as well. Not sure I'll have the ambition, but will see how things go.
If your taste buds are gone, just go for cheap Russian vodka (if rich, Finnish vodka). Take the taste out of the picture, and throwing up is the signal of "almost enough"... ;)

Enjoy the peace. And hopefully enjoy having her back. :aok:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I agree with Breer. Didn't like Clemens or Bonds. But if you are letting 1 in, let them all in. Give them a special designation or whatever. Does any HOF get it right?
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Trudge wrote:
paco wrote:

Not sure if you heard, but there is this virus going around that effects your sense of taste when you get sick. Just FYI.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
25 Jan 2022 17:30
paco wrote:
Trudge wrote:

Not sure if you heard, but there is this virus going around that effects your sense of taste when you get sick. Just FYI.
Never heard of it. :lol:

I tested 3 times, negative each time.

Starting to get better on the tastebuds now. Had a bit last night and it wasn't awful. Everything else tastes normal.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

ImageImage
:bkw:
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I liked that only cause I saw Dr Cox. Lol

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

My boss told me this morning that she accepted a new job. Time to get a bit nervous again.

At best, I'll have to train another new boss, which is a pain in the butt.

At worst, I'll be out of a job within a year or 2.

Of course, plenty of grey area in between. But this may be the catalyst for change that's been talked about for a while. Couple that with new contract talks coming up soon. My bosses boss is already transitioning and the main contract guy is gone. So a lot of new faces to decide what direction my area of the business will be going.

I have no say, of course. Way too far down the totem pole.
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Sleep is such a weird thing. I am at my best when I get 8 hours, which is a rare occurrence. Most night I get less than 8 hours. But I swear that I feel more rested after getting 6 hours of sleep in a night than I do if I get 7. I'm thinking this has something to do with interruption of REM sleep, but really don't know. I think if I had one wish it may damn well be to be able to sleep 8 hours through the night every night haha.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I hate Charleston. Right up there with Memphis, Mineral Point, and all of Canada.

This is a post complaining about work.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Charleston...SC?
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated