Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2021 13:35
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2021 08:52
go pak go wrote:
03 Apr 2021 11:58
The 2013 Packers went to the postseason without Rodgers. Yes it was because the division was bad, but I think that team could have squeaked out a 10-6 record if Matt Flynn was the backup sooner.

The 2019 Packers became the #2 seed without elite quarterback play. So I just don't see why the Packers are this horrible franchise that is bailed out by one player for a decade.

The only difference I really see that an elite quarterback brings to the table is the team can consistently be a contender year in and year out. Your good teams without top QB play are only one year wonders and fade the following year.

I think what bothers me most is the Packers are always blamed for wasting Rodgers career and why Rodgers hasn't won more rings. There never seems to be much accountability on Rodgers. Like how about Aaron you go win a game when it matters?

I will always agree that the Packers organization failed significantly starting with the 2015 draft until Ted departed outside of Kenny Clark. That I don't think there is any argument against.
This. That's my big and really only complaint about Rodgers. We've now lost 4 NFCCGs in a row and I can say that all of them were average to somewhat good performances by Rodgers. Not saying he's a choker and yes there are definitely other reasons why the Packers lost those games, but at the same time can you really say "Wow Rodgers was so on and I can't believe we still lost" for any of those 4 games?
you can't pin any of those losses on Rodgers, this isn't Brett Favre where talking about, who did actually snatch defeat from victory in more then a couple playoff games, Rodgers can't run the routes for the receiver or catch the ball, AR has been the least of our problems in playoff games, most of it is either lack of talent or lack of coaching.
That's why I said that there were other factors that played a role in the losses. But I still firmly believe that Rodgers has not played his personal best in the last 4 NFCCGs.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2021 14:53
Yoop wrote:
05 Apr 2021 13:35
Acrobat wrote:
05 Apr 2021 08:52

This. That's my big and really only complaint about Rodgers. We've now lost 4 NFCCGs in a row and I can say that all of them were average to somewhat good performances by Rodgers. Not saying he's a choker and yes there are definitely other reasons why the Packers lost those games, but at the same time can you really say "Wow Rodgers was so on and I can't believe we still lost" for any of those 4 games?
you can't pin any of those losses on Rodgers, this isn't Brett Favre where talking about, who did actually snatch defeat from victory in more then a couple playoff games, Rodgers can't run the routes for the receiver or catch the ball, AR has been the least of our problems in playoff games, most of it is either lack of talent or lack of coaching.
That's why I said that there were other factors that played a role in the losses. But I still firmly believe that Rodgers has not played his personal best in the last 4 NFCCGs.
I agree with ya. I think he tenses up when the moment gets big and tight. It shows in his body language and players feed off of that energy. It sometimes seems like he may be going to quick or forcing things.

I still think this team is abysmal without him and he played better than some give him credit for in last several years of McCarthy.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He needs a bit more life! Too monotone.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2021 18:34
I think that was the best Alex Trebek impression ever. Very reserved, very, very dry sprinkled in humor.

Be excited to see how he develops in the next 9 or whatever episodes.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

BF004 wrote:
05 Apr 2021 19:14
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Apr 2021 18:34
I think that was the best Alex Trebek impression ever. Very reserved, very, very dry sprinkled in humor.

Be excited to see how he develops in the next 9 or whatever episodes.
Of course a Packers celebrity game show appearance on 'What's My Line' in the Lombardi era set the stage for this fiasco. The Lombardi era game show appearance came the night after the Packers won the NFL Championship.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0746832/

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Apr 2021 19:57
Of course a Packers celebrity game show appearance on 'What's My Line' in the Lombardi era set the stage for this fiasco.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I saw that, funny. I'm still behind a few episodes. Need to catch up.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I keep forgetting to watch, but when I remember to check, he definitely seemed to settle down the further along he gets.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

BF004 wrote:
13 Apr 2021 16:46
Oh my god. :lol:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

APB wrote:
06 Apr 2021 06:44
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
05 Apr 2021 19:57
Of course a Packers celebrity game show appearance on 'What's My Line' in the Lombardi era set the stage for this fiasco.
Please scroll down to the 8th paragraph.

https://www.profootballresearchers.org/ ... 03-748.pdf

There was no mistaking Nitschke on Sunday afternoons, however. He replaced his false front teeth with a
gummy mouthpiece that lent a cruel downward curl to his wide mouth. He covered his balding head with
a battle-scarred gold and green Packers' helmet, and wrapped his huge forearms in yards of padding and
tape. The transition from businessman to block bully became complete when Nitschke stood poised over
the center before each snap, his hawkish features forming a frightening visage as he peered his full-cage
facemask like a man peering through the bars of a padded cell.

:cigar:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Got caught up tonight. I still am enjoying watching him. He's got moments to improve, sure. But I think he would make a pretty solid host of the show given the chance.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I honestly think Rodgers should get the full time gig.

He is good for the little I have seen. Like he is really good.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Definitely loosened up as it has gone on. Really good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
14 Apr 2021 07:45

Well he has a job right now.

And Lavar Burton is pushing hard for this. So let's let Lavar do it for a few years and Rodgers can revisit his fuller-time aspirations after his football career ends.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Apr 2021 08:42
go pak go wrote:

And Lavar Burton is pushing hard for this. So let's let Lavar do it for a few years and Rodgers can revisit his fuller-time aspirations after his football career ends.
I saw Lavar is pushing hard, but I think Rodgers is too. Rumor is Jeopardy wants this to be someone's full time job. But with their filming schedule, Rodgers could realistically do this and play at the same time.

I think its a relatively low chance Rodgers gets the job. But I don't think he's giving up.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I watched Rodgers for the first time last night. I think he has lots of potential and overall did well. I will say he needs to slow his cadence down. He was buzzing from question to question and I noticed the show ended a full 5 minutes early. He should just slow down a bit and he will be excellent to me.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Apr 2021 08:42
go pak go wrote:

Rodgers said something to the effect of they do all filming for like 40 days or something in the spring and he thinks he can do it.

Do I want him to do it? Absolutey. Just not when he's playing for the Packers.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.