Packers @ Bears GDT - Sunday - 1/3/2021 - 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
06 Jan 2021 08:13
Will Turner face a better player than Mack for the rest of the year though? I mean, Rodgers was sacked once and we scored 35 points. Even if that's just Rodgers and the scheme covering it up, who cares? We took care of a dominating (at times) front and didn't miss a beat without Bak. We'll be fine.
That’s the thing. The O-line faced what could likely be their most formidable challenge this past week without Bahktiari and the line held up well. Rodgers was sacked one time (on a scramble) and he was only pressured 8 times. That’s pretty damn good.

Would I be more comfortable with Bahk in there? Absolutely! But this O-line group has proven themselves resilient over the course of the year and I’m not gonna wring my hands because we went from All-Pro level to simply competent play at one position along the line.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

lupedafiasco wrote:
05 Jan 2021 23:47
Half Empty wrote:
05 Jan 2021 16:35
Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Jan 2021 13:54
Wow, I know Mason is good, but...
I know Crosby has the leg to get it out the back of the endzone. I dont know why we keep trying directional kicking and trying to get cute. This STs is the worst I think Ive ever seen for the Packers and thats saying something considering Slocums bummy butt. Every other week it seems like theres a STs gaffe. Fumbles. Blocked kicks. Blocked punts. Massive returns allowed. Cant even get to the 20 on returns. Shanked punts. Missed XPs.

Credit to Crosby though he hasnt missed a FG. Samll sample size of 16 though which is insane considering the amount of points we have scored. 63 XP attempts compared to 16 FG attempts! Thats insane.
I guess I was too subtle. I bolded the part that said Mason generated three TOUCHDOWNS in his last five KO. Now, if it had been three TOUCHBACKS, I wouldn't have been quite as impressed. :)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
06 Jan 2021 08:13
Will Turner face a better player than Mack for the rest of the year though? I mean, Rodgers was sacked once and we scored 35 points. Even if that's just Rodgers and the scheme covering it up, who cares? We took care of a dominating (at times) front and didn't miss a beat without Bak. We'll be fine.
And we have options if we need to get Turner out of the LT spot. Jenkins.

I agree, we will be fine. This doesn't hurt our chances significantly.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

APB wrote:
06 Jan 2021 08:31
That’s the thing. The O-line faced what could likely be their most formidable challenge this past week without Bahktiari and the line held up well.
Yes and no. Pagano had to try a bunch of different things to protect his injured secondary and many of those "things" caused confusion and delay on the bears defense. There are indeed tougher match-ups at DE in our future and with the benefit of time- I think other DCs will attack differently.
The outing vs Mack was great and they certainly deserve kudos for how they handled em- but I think the defense the Packers faced on Sunday isn't quite the barometer that it was in the past.
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BSA wrote:
06 Jan 2021 09:54
APB wrote:
06 Jan 2021 08:31
That’s the thing. The O-line faced what could likely be their most formidable challenge this past week without Bahktiari and the line held up well.
Yes and no. Pagano had to try a bunch of different things to protect his injured secondary and many of those "things" caused confusion and delay on the bears defense. There are indeed tougher match-ups at DE in our future and with the benefit of time- I think other DCs will attack differently.
The outing vs Mack was great and they certainly deserve kudos for how they handled em- but I think the defense the Packers faced on Sunday isn't quite the barometer that it was in the past.
I think where Bak goes from a nice to have to a critical is if we end up in a game like we did in Tampa where we get behind and have to throw a lot more. We need the defense to keep the score close and we need the offense to play it's preferred game, staying balanced and efficient. If we play our game I love our chances. If we get into forced into come-from-behind mode, I don't think the line will hold up. It's not just Turner, either, that is not built for that kind of game. Patrick and Wagner are both likely to struggle, too.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I forgot about this play until Andy Herman just reminded me of it in his podcast.

You want the difference between Jaire Alexander and Kevin King? Yes, twitch, yes, other things, but THIS:

Totally irrelevant play, save your body, let him walk in, it doesn't matter. It matters to Jaire Alexander.

Read More. Post Less.