Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 13:45
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:00
for all outward appearance Rodgers was pissed off when we kept McCarthy in 018 even after getting the big contract, so my question is, would he have agreed to the contract if he had known we'd keep McCarthy?
Again Rodgers is pretty stupid if your story is true. You are not painting Rodgers in a very smart light.

Aaron Rogers signed his contract extension in August 2018. You think he expected MM to be fired in September 2018?

The Packers fired MM in early December 2018. Rodgers got what he wanted in 3 months which is the same result you could hope for if he signed an extension at the time hoping Mac to be fired. Not too many head coaches get fired prior to week 1 but after Training Camp starts. Most coaches don't get fired after the 2nd week of January honestly.
I had thought Rodgers got the contract in March, I still think the timing of the contract was to appease him so they could do whatever they wanted concerning McCarthy and everything else after that, it was shut up money, and obviously came back up when Murphy told him as much after the Lafluer hire

the Bucs just used a 2nd rounder for Brady's replacement and told him it might happen two months before the draft, a little communication goes a long way.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2021 14:21
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:45

why any team thinks a player who gives a 100 as Rodgers has for so long would be OK with the team using them as a bargaining chip during the last couple seasons of there career is mind boggling, no one in any walk of life would be OK with that, it's the same as if a co had a employee train a new hire and when he was trained fire the guy that trained him, Like Favre said years ago, I'am not here to train my replacement.
AR surely did not give 100% in 2018. He wanted MM fired and made sure it happened.

AR is a d-bag, but in this instance there is no right side. In other words, both parties look bad (AR and Gute/Murphy). The only adult in the room seems to be MLF. If AR also gets Gute fired that would be a positive for the team, though, he is a crappt GM.
the FO didn't give it a 100% either, hell they hadn't for a few seasons, Kept Ted, McCarthy, and Capers two years or more to long with each.

and Guty is not a terrible GM, just look at this roster, just because a GM doesn't draft the way we think he should doesn't make him a lousy GM, and here we are making 50K a year, there he is making 5 mil.

this was a communication breakdown from all involved.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 14:37

the FO didn't give it a 100% either, hell they hadn't for a few seasons, Kept Ted, McCarthy, and Capers two years or more to long with each.

No argument from me on these points. I still think Gute is a crap GM though.

Did you just say something bad about Capers? :kaboom:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
02 May 2021 14:26
wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2021 14:21
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:45

why any team thinks a player who gives a 100 as Rodgers has for so long would be OK with the team using them as a bargaining chip during the last couple seasons of there career is mind boggling, no one in any walk of life would be OK with that, it's the same as if a co had a employee train a new hire and when he was trained fire the guy that trained him, Like Favre said years ago, I'am not here to train my replacement.
AR surely did not give 100% in 2018. He wanted MM fired and made sure it happened.

AR is a d-bag, but in this instance there is no right side. In other words, both parties look bad (AR and Gute/Murphy). The only adult in the room seems to be MLF. If AR also gets Gute fired that would be a positive for the team, though, he is a crappt GM.
100% he got MM fired. If he didn’t MM would still be here.
and we should all be eternally grateful to AR for that.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 14:30
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 12:00
for all outward appearance Rodgers was pissed off when we kept McCarthy in 018 even after getting the big contract, so my question is, would he have agreed to the contract if he had known we'd keep McCarthy?
Again Rodgers is pretty stupid if your story is true. You are not painting Rodgers in a very smart light.

Aaron Rogers signed his contract extension in August 2018. You think he expected MM to be fired in September 2018?

The Packers fired MM in early December 2018. Rodgers got what he wanted in 3 months which is the same result you could hope for if he signed an extension at the time hoping Mac to be fired. Not too many head coaches get fired prior to week 1 but after Training Camp starts. Most coaches don't get fired after the 2nd week of January honestly.
I had thought Rodgers got the contract in March, I still think the timing of the contract was to appease him so they could do whatever they wanted concerning McCarthy and everything else after that, it was shut up money, and obviously came back up when Murphy told him as much after the Lafluer hire

the Bucs just used a 2nd rounder for Brady's replacement and told him it might happen two months before the draft, a little communication goes a long way.
Even the bears called little andy dalton to tell their QB1 that they were drafting Justin Fields.

Rodgers is acting like a dbag by sabotaging the 2021 Packers season, but Gutey handled that whole thing all time arrogantly and poor.

From the org leaking that they told 12 to "not be the problem" and making sure the world knew he didnt have any input into who the new coach would be. To drafting his replacement and not saying a word to him about it when the world thought the team was going to grab a WR in the most WR friendly draft in a decade...Gutey blundered this entire situation.

Now you may think i am speaking out of both sides of my mouth as I bop Rodgers in one post, and bop Gutey and real estate developer Murphy in other posts..but the truth is they all have stunk this process up.

Even after the pick of Love, Gutey should have seen Rodgers MVP and punted on Love and extended 12. But now that 12 has pulled this stunt, that cant be done.

All are turds. Even 12, and Even Arrogant Gutey.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

No, Rodgers did not get Mac fired; Rodgers' play fell off as a result of Mac's bad coaching and that (among other things) contributed to his firing.

But Rodgers play was still lackluster under LaFleur (Year 1) in the same ways it was lousy under Mac.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
02 May 2021 14:39
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 14:37

No argument from me on these points. I still think Gute is a crap GM though.

Did you just say something bad about Capers? :kaboom:
haha, good point, this also goes back to Ted, ( and I feel bad for Ted) he should have Told McCarthy to get rid of Capers ( the defense had lost respect for there coach) and pack your bags at the same time, but Teds condition, and also loyalty got in the way of him doing his job, McCarthy probably should have been shown the door even before Capers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ted Thompson, who it is fun to talk about how bad of a job he did around here...still gave us just about elite player on our roster besides Z, Jaire, and Jenkins. Maybe I am missing a couple people, but I would say you get my point.

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

This is all about the NFL Power struggle. Thanks to Tom Brady the players are trying to take control of the front office. I keep saying the NFL is becoming the NBA. We've all known for years that starting and finishing with the same team became virtually impossible with the salary cap and how much QBs get paid, but now players trying to call their shots is the last straw for me. No more defending players. Rodgers has no leverage except to make Gutey look bad to the public and that sucks. Don't tell people you love the fans and then do this &%$@. Because this has nothing to do with the fans and only about MONEY! Poor guy is only worth about $80-100 million and we're supposed to feel sorry for him? And now MLF and Gutey are apologizing because they think the team will suffer financially if they don't!!

I'm just glad I got to experience the Packer teams of the 60s before all these woke players got involved.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

You are giving too much emphasis on Mark Murphy/Brian Gutekunst being attached on the whole MM thing. I wouldn't say they were terribly attached to MM.

Thompson steps down at the beginning of January 2018.

Murphy is looking to promote with Elliot Wolf, Brian G, Alonzo Highsmith or Russ Ball. It was pretty evident it would be internal. Murphy goes with Gute.

At this time, McCarthy is not under contract as of the new league year entering the 2018 season.

The Packers, including TT, Gute and Murphy give MM a 1 year contract extension in early January 2018. This was a signal that things needed to change but how much things should change remained a question. Do you bring on a new GM AND a coach? Keep in mind the Packers were also bad in 2017 because their franchise QB was out all year. So the Packers give MM a "prove it year" to keep some consistency in the FO. Hiring a new coach and a GM is a lot to ask for a President and GM immediately.

McCarthy actually didn't need to be fired. He could have just not been resigned. The Packers performance was so poor in 2018 and Mac clearly "lost" the team that Murphy was so fed up and fired McCarthy after we lost to the lowly AZ Cardinals at Lambeau.

Gute hires MLF. Media says Rodgers doesn't like the hire and they don't get along.

Gute goes big in FA adding a lot on defense.

Packers defense starts the 2019 very strong. The Packers running game is also very strong. Packers win 13 games in 2019. Rodgers says it's the best locker room culture he has ever experienced.

Packers defense takes a step back in 2020 in terms of pass rush performance and run defense continues to be an issue. Questions start arising if Pettine is the man for the job.

MLF and his offense, particularly passing offense, takes a huge step in 2020 with efficient passing. Rodgers's career is reborn and it is his best season in 6 seasons since the 2014 season. Rodgers says he loves his locker room again and his roster. Everyone on the team talks how much they love each other.

Defense starts to come together in December 2020 and finishes in the top 10. Even the run defense comes together and stops the #1 offense in the league in terms of yards (Titans) on a Primetime game. Rodgers and the offense destroys the league's number 1defense in the playoffs and are the favorites entering the NFC Title game. The roster is the best performing roster the Packers have had seen since 2014.

6 plays. 2 screw ups by Kevin King. One acrobatic catch by Chris Godwin. 1 dropped easy TD by Davante Adams. One miss-read by Rodgers in the redzone to miss a wide open Lazard. 1 uncalled penalty that leads to an INT for TB.

6 uncharacteristic plays happen and this team goes from likely SB winner to the FO disrespects Rodgers and doesn't provide him anything. Rodgers believes it and is convinced in his beliefs. The roster is largely held together. Rodgers at this point says he does not want to play for and lead this same roster for another shot in 2021.

That is a summarization of the events excluding the drafts (the rosters are really good from both rookie contracts to vet contracts….draft talk is kind of irrelevant at this point) since December 2017.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 14:53
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Even the bears called little andy dalton to tell their QB1 that they were drafting Justin Fields.

Rodgers is acting like a dbag by sabotaging the 2021 Packers season, but Gutey handled that whole thing all time arrogantly and poor.

From the org leaking that they told 12 to "not be the problem" and making sure the world knew he didnt have any input into who the new coach would be. To drafting his replacement and not saying a word to him about it when the world thought the team was going to grab a WR in the most WR friendly draft in a decade...Gutey blundered this entire situation.

Now you may think i am speaking out of both sides of my mouth as I bop Rodgers in one post, and bop Gutey and real estate developer Murphy in other posts..but the truth is they all have stunk this process up.

Even after the pick of Love, Gutey should have seen Rodgers MVP and punted on Love and extended 12. But now that 12 has pulled this stunt, that cant be done.

All are turds. Even 12, and Even Arrogant Gutey.
no argument here, and not to give AR a pass, this could even go back that AR wanted E Wolf versus Guty as GM, who knows, but both are arrogant, stubborn, and in dire need of a frontal lobotomy :lol: lis, sit down, have some strong coffee and patch things up like adults

I'am kinda going back and forth on this too, still blame Guty more, but its a two way street, however this lack of communication seems to have went on a long time, hope this clears the air, and we can get back to the job of winning games and a SB.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 15:14
no argument here, and not to give AR a pass, this could even go back that AR wanted E Wolf versus Guty as GM, who knows, but both are arrogant, stubborn, and in dire need of a frontal lobotomy :lol: lis, sit down, have some strong coffee and patch things up like adults

I'am kinda going back and forth on this too, still blame Guty more, but its a two way street, however this lack of communication seems to have went on a long time, hope this clears the air, and we can get back to the job of winning games and a SB.
Ultimately I think this will get resolved because the Packers hold the power and Rodgers knows it. The Packers know it's either play or retire.

I think the bigger worry for the Packers is if Rodgers is "all in" for 2021 if he decides to play.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 15:12
You are giving too much emphasis on Mark Murphy/Brian Gutekunst being attached on the whole MM thing. I wouldn't say they were terribly attached to MM.

Thompson steps down at the beginning of January 2018.

Murphy is looking to promote with Elliot Wolf, Brian G, Alonzo Highsmith or Russ Ball. It was pretty evident it would be internal. Murphy goes with Gute.

At this time, McCarthy is not under contract as of the new league year entering the 2018 season.

The Packers, including TT, Gute and Murphy give MM a 1 year contract extension in early January 2018.
I seem to be off on the time frame some, but either way, and as you say here, McCarthy got the lame duck contract and Rodgers was paid off to accept it, then as the season progressed changed his mind because nothing changed, McCarthys schemes where still basically the same, and he wouldn't stick with the run.
if this is in fact the scenario, then we could have had a new coach like Matt a year earlier, other teams listen to input from HOF QB's.
back during the 017 season at a press conference Rodgers said we need to run the ball more, and a few weeks after (don't quote me about when ) he out and started to talk about NE's passing schemes, these are suttle hints that he wanted some sort of offensive changes and adjustments, what happened, nothing, we didn't run more and we still started the season throwing for quick scores, we had high quality RB room, and receivers that didn't excel with iso verticals, why would anyone think Rodgers shouldn't be upset, as I said the contract was to appease him, but it couldn't, because a player like Rodgers doesn't really play for the money, the money is the bonus for being as good as he is, you know this, right? lets not play games here. :lol: :mrgreen:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 13:54
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 13:05
Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 12:52

He showed himself in public while the hottest sports story in the country was about him, and got Tirico to spout some propaganda about how he didnt want it to leak..instead of just getting in front of a mic and saying something himself.

Thats cowardly.
your a &%$@ pot stirer upper :rotf:

nothing Rodgers could have said would have improved anything
Actually saying these reports are incorrect and overstated. Yes I am working with the Packers internally on some contract stuff but either way I am proud of my teammates, proud of our fans and am excited to give it another shot in 2021 for a :lombardi: . I think we have a great team and shot to do it this year and I am excited to get to work.

If he said that....it would have improved everything.
Why would he say that when he doesn't want to play for the management.

It's like how management lies publicly saying they are committed long term to Rodgers but don't offer an extension until they realised they screwed up. They lie to get go pack go onside which works but they pull the Judas move on Rodgers behind closed doors

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop. Don't go down this rabbit hole you are obsessed going down into.
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 15:42

I seem to be off on the time frame some, but either way, and as you say here, McCarthy got the lame duck contract and Rodgers was paid off to accept it, then as the season progressed changed his mind because nothing changed, McCarthys schemes where still basically the same, and he wouldn't stick with the run.
Or it could have just been there were many variables invoivled, the Packers were in the NFC Title game basically 330 days earlier (earlier meaning the date that Mac got the 1 year contract extension) and it's not really Gute's call to fire the head coach on the first day of his hiring (Mac got the extension before Gute was hired as GM I belive). I don't really know what you expect Gute to do here.

Yoop wrote:
if this is in fact the scenario, then we could have had a new coach like Matt a year earlier, other teams listen to input from HOF QB's.
Or we don't get MLF because nobody hardly knows him yet and we instead end up with one of the other multiple coaches who were hired in 2018 who ended up being sh*tty hires. I think when you hire the coach who is only behind one other coach as far as getting to 26 wins before anyone else....you just be happy that you have the coach and not think of other reasons to complain because we did it in January 2019 rather than January 2018. Especially when we are trying to use it as a reason as to why a player should quit on that same coach in 2021.
Yoop wrote:
back during the 017 season at a press conference Rodgers said we need to run the ball more, and a few weeks after (don't quote me about when ) he out and started to talk about NE's passing schemes, these are suttle hints that he wanted some sort of offensive changes and adjustments, what happened, nothing, we didn't run more and we still started the season throwing for quick scores, we had high quality RB room, and receivers that didn't excel with iso verticals, why would anyone think Rodgers shouldn't be upset, as I said the contract was to appease him, but it couldn't, because a player like Rodgers doesn't really play for the money, the money is the bonus for being as good as he is, you know this, right? lets not play games here. :lol: :mrgreen:
And who should Rodgers be mad at for this? Ted Thompson is dead. Ted Thompson is the person who was responsible for this at this particular time you keep brining up. Why should Rodgers have this beef because he is mad at a dead person? Gute had nothing to do with this. MLF wasn't even known by the world. He was with the Rams and hadn't yet called an NFL play. Mark Murphy didn't have power over coaching decisions.

So you are basically saying Rodgers is mad because of the reluctance to move by Ted Thompson. Thompson retires. Gute immediately does things Ted doesn't do after a season of getting used to the new job. Fires the head coach. Signs FA's. The coach commits to running the football more. The coach fires the DC and STs because they aren't up to his level (even when the Defense ended top 10).

There is a lot of breath being wasted here trying to think of "all these reasons" when it was just because Gute didn't give Rodgers a phone call before he drafted Jordan Love.

So I ask you...does that warrant quitting on your team when you are just done after year 3 of a 6 year contract? Is that worth potentially ending your football career, giving up millions of dollars, isolating, frustrating and quitting on your teammates, coaches and fans who love playing with you and watching you play?
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
02 May 2021 15:52
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 13:54
Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 13:05

your a &%$@ pot stirer upper :rotf:

nothing Rodgers could have said would have improved anything
Actually saying these reports are incorrect and overstated. Yes I am working with the Packers internally on some contract stuff but either way I am proud of my teammates, proud of our fans and am excited to give it another shot in 2021 for a :lombardi: . I think we have a great team and shot to do it this year and I am excited to get to work.

If he said that....it would have improved everything.
Why would he say that when he doesn't want to play for the management.

It's like how management lies publicly saying they are committed long term to Rodgers but don't offer an extension until they realised they screwed up. They lie to get go pack go onside which works but they pull the Judas move on Rodgers behind closed doors
I don't understand what management has to do with any of this from Rodgers's standpoint. Rodgers has 3 years left on his contract. The only thing management needs to do is provide Rodgers a roster good enough to compete for a SB. Management has provided Rodgers a roster good enough for that the last two seasons.

Frankly, Rodgers doesn't need to interact with management at all.

So then you say Rodgers wants to feel like he is valued by management and get a contract extension or else the Packers might trade him....except that's what he now wants anyways so obviously that is something Rodgers doesn't hate.

What is so stupid about all of this is Aaron Rodgers has a better chance to win a SB with the Green Bay Packers in 2021 than he does with the Denver Broncos in 2021 or any other team for that matter, for the exception of maybe SF.

So why not just swallow your pride and go for it with the team who is deferring cap space like crazy to provide a roster for a "one last shot" and let 2022 be 2022?
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 16:01
So I ask you...does that warrant quitting on your team when you are just done after year 3 of a 6 year contract? Is that worth potentially ending your football career, giving up millions of dollars, isolating, frustrating and quitting on your teammates, coaches and fans who love playing with you and watching you play?
obviously it does to Rodgers, look you can twist this up to defend the FO all you want, Rodgers didn't just out of the blue decide to throw everyone under the buss as you claim, what do I have to say for you to get it in your head that Rodgers doesn't trust FO to live up to the length of that contract no matter if he's a MVP each year of it, and trade him as soon as they feel like giving LOve his shot, he wants the security ( in some written form) that he'll get to end it here as the starter, then do whatever he choses, go to another team or retire from football, but so far the FO has not offered that, and you can't seem to be honest about that , as though it shouldn't matter, of course it does.

and who is it really thats quitting on the team? Guty is just as guilty, it's his arrogance at issue here as much as Rodgers

as to Ted and the 017 stuff, well thats on Murphy for not stepping in sooner, it's not a job for life, although thats almost how it worked out for Ted, rest his soul, he was a great GM for a decade, although a little tight with FA, same with McCarthy, coupled with great receivers and Rodgers his play calling was very good, but just like Ted he had a shelf life, we kept both beyond there time frames, you want to lay the blame with Rodgers, I don't, I think where at a impass here.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
02 May 2021 16:38

obviously it does to Rodgers, look you can twist this up to defend the FO all you want, Rodgers didn't just out of the blue decide to throw everyone under the buss as you claim, what do I have to say for you to get it in your head that Rodgers doesn't trust FO to live up to the length of that contract no matter if he's a MVP each year of it, and trade him as soon as they feel like giving LOve his shot, he wants the security ( in some written form) that he'll get to end it here as the starter, then do whatever he choses, go to another team or retire from football, but so far the FO has not offered that, and you can't seem to be honest about that , as though it shouldn't matter, of course it does.
But this is what doesn't make sense. If you are afraid of the Packers trading you away in 2022 or 2023 in favor of younge blood....why are you now trying to force that hand to be traded in 2021? Either way you as Rodgers won't get decide where you land. The only difference is you have to play for said team you are traded to longer or retire.

It sounds like he doesn't mind being traded. But yet it also sounds like he wants the security to know he can't be traded and if he doesn't get that.... he wants to be traded.

It just doesn't make sense.
Yoop wrote:

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

[/quote]

I don't understand what management has to do with any of this from Rodgers's standpoint. Rodgers has 3 years left on his contract. The only thing management needs to do is provide Rodgers a roster good enough to compete for a SB. Management has provided Rodgers a roster good enough for that the last two seasons.

Frankly, Rodgers doesn't need to interact with management at all.

So then you say Rodgers wants to feel like he is valued by management and get a contract extension or else the Packers might trade him....except that's what he now wants anyways so obviously that is something Rodgers doesn't hate.

What is so stupid about all of this is Aaron Rodgers has a better chance to win a SB with the Green Bay Packers in 2021 than he does with the Denver Broncos in 2021 or any other team for that matter, for the exception of maybe SF.

So why not just swallow your pride and go for it with the team who is deferring cap space like crazy to provide a roster for a "one last shot" and let 2022 be 2022?
[/quote]

This is all about the MONEY!! He and his agent feel like this is the best time to force the Packers hand and they are right... coming off an MVP performance plus no clue if Love will be any good because of last year's limitations. They may think he's good but there is still some proof to be done. So I get the reasoning for asking for the extension. The FO should wait because they have no need to extend him this year. Waiting til next year is the smart move for the FO.

What makes me mad is he lowered himself to use the media and fans to try and make it a popularity contest, use the crying fan base to force the FO into an extension. If he's going to do that, then don't use Tirico to say how much you care about the fans because in reality you only care about the MONEY! We the fans are stupid for supporting these greedy a-holes. It's worse for us because we own the team not some rich a-hole like the rest of the league. I guess the new wife is going to cost him some money so he needs more.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Now back to bashing Gutey:

Gutey shouldnt have punted on Rodgers in the form of moving up to get love.

But he did.

Well, immediately after Rodgers showed he still has miles to go in the tank in the form of winning MVP...Gutey should have punted on Love and realized his mistake. Traded him to someone who would give a 1 for him. This would have helped the team win that Rodgers plays on. Instead, Gutey uses up resources that could have helped the packers on the field with a guy that didnt even get to hold a clipboard last year.

Gutey should have just been happy with 12 as we extend him or let him play the deal out without the question of Jordan Love.

That would have been the "i messed up" atoning move.

Gutey didnt go that route. He screamed to Rodgers and everyone else.."after this deal is up, Rodgers is gone" Rodgers didnt like that being the narrative. So he lashed out in the way that Rodgers seems to lash out.

Rodgers isnt right to do what he is doing. But the FO certainly has blame and they had multiple opportunities to atone, yet until 12 said he wasnt coming back..it seems they refused to give up the dream of punting on Rodgers and playing Love.

Guess the MVP feels the team should not have the date in mind they want to get rid of him already :idn: