Rams @ Packers GDT: Sunday Nov 28th, 3:25pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 13:10
Bottom 5 Offense
1. TE Marcedes Lewis, 35.5
2. LG Jon Runyan, 38.2
3. WR Allen Lazard, 41.6
4. C Lucas Patrick, 43.4
5. RG Royce Newman, 51.5
Bottom 5 Defense
1. DL Dean Lowry, 30.5
2. CB Chandon Sullivan, 44.9
3. S Henry Black, 46.3
4. LB De’Vondre Campbell, 48.1
5. DL Kenny Clark, 50.1
How in the world did Clark get a 50? That can't be right!
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 13:24
30 rushes for 92 yards. Can't say LaFleur didn't stick with the run yesterday.
Last night was definitely one of the most balanced offensive game plans I have seen from LaFleur. RBs did not break any big runs, but they helped make 3rd down manageable. 'Loved seeing it.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Little annoyed by the media today.

Seems like so much, what the Rams did wrong, the Rams made mistakes, they fumbled the ball, they gave up the ball of 4th downs, they threw a costly interception.

How about, wow, this Packer defense is making consistent impact plays. Had great coverage all day, was getting after Stafford causing him to make mistakes, and came up huge on short yardage situations, particularly on 4th downs. :idn:

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

BF004 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 15:43

Seems like so much, what the Rams did wrong, the Rams made mistakes, they fumbled the ball, they gave up the ball of 4th downs, they threw a costly interception.

How about, wow, this Packer defense is making consistent impact plays. Had great coverage all day, was getting after Stafford causing him to make mistakes, and came up huge on short yardage situations, particularly on 4th downs. :idn:
Rodgers (and other members of this team) have basically admitted that they get caught up 'reading the press clippings' so I'm happy to be ignored for a little while longer.

Like GPG said, this team is really freakin' good. The longer they go without realizing it, the better IMO.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 15:43

Huh. I only watched NFL Live and listened to the Bill Simmons podcast, but both seemed impressed with the Packers and Orlovsky is all over every ESPN show asking for MLF to be coach of the year. I don't feel slighted at all by the media.

Heck, I was even impressed with Aikman and Buck finally devoting a ton of in-game narrative to the insane injury predicaments we've been in this season.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 16:47
And still got good pressure with Preston (who most wanted gone) gimpy Gary, and guys like Lowry, Lancaster, Tipa, and Hamilton. Of course Clark too, but still.

Joe Barry and crew.... :aok: :clap:
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

German_Panzer wrote:
29 Nov 2021 05:51
texas wrote:
28 Nov 2021 23:17
Nice win today. I thought the actual difference between the teams was greater than the margin of victory. They can beat us, but I think we match up well against them and are a better team by quite a bit.
Tampa is probably the one and only team to „fear“, but even that is not the same „fear“ we once had towards the Harbaugh-49ers. Going into the Bye our odds look good, but we all know what kind of b*tch NFL-Football is, so stay tuned.
I agree

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

My silly rant of the day.

Why does it bother me that both Troy and Buck can't even think of what a beanie is called, let alone conceive the idea of wearing one?

I'm thinking about calling them the hairspray boys from now on. Wouldn't want them to lose sleep at night for fear of what a BEANIE might do to their hair or reputations.
;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I hope I'm not repeating stuff that has been repeated over and over.

Pash rush was pretty good. Seems like Stafford was feeling pressure. Yeah, he's probably dinged up good. But did anybody count how many plays there was pressure up the middle by the Pack? I liked it!

The rushing game was never a wow thing, unless you just are amazed at how hard it is for 28 to be taken to the ground. Lovin it!

TOP! Lovin it. Has anybody counted the TOP for the last three or four games? Isn't this our identity now? Grind the clock. Wear down the defenses. Control the ball.

If our OLine coach doesn't get job offers after this season, I'd be stunned. The duct tape on this line speaks to depth, but more about making good results when frequent changes too.

I'm concerned about the two long TDs for the Rams. Yeah, one of them was truly a great play call. But Odell-Beckham shouldn't have ever gotten free. Amos tried to jump a route or something and he got burned. Good thing it wasn't a close game.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
29 Nov 2021 17:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Nov 2021 16:47
And still got good pressure with Preston (who most wanted gone) gimpy Gary, and guys like Lowry, Lancaster, Tipa, and Hamilton. Of course Clark too, but still.

Joe Barry and crew.... :aok: :clap:
I like your avatar. :lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2021 04:04

Why does it bother me that both Troy and Buck can't even think of what a beanie is called, let alone conceive the idea of wearing one?

I'm thinking about calling them the hairspray boys from now on. Wouldn't want them to lose sleep at night for fear of what a BEANIE might do to their hair or reputations.
;-)

The hats the guys were wearing on the sidelines are stocking caps. This is what I think a beanie is: :lol:

https://photostockeditor.com/image-rf/k ... -909964026

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2021 04:08

Pash rush was pretty good. Seems like Stafford was feeling pressure. Yeah, he's probably dinged up good. But did anybody count how many plays there was pressure up the middle by the Pack? I liked it!

The rushing game was never a wow thing, unless you just are amazed at how hard it is for 28 to be taken to the ground. Lovin it!

TOP! Lovin it. Has anybody counted the TOP for the last three or four games? Isn't this our identity now? Grind the clock. Wear down the defenses. Control the ball.

If our OLine coach doesn't get job offers after this season, I'd be stunned. The duct tape on this line speaks to depth, but more about making good results when frequent changes too.

I'm concerned about the two long TDs for the Rams. Yeah, one of them was truly a great play call. But Odell-Beckham shouldn't have ever gotten free. Amos tried to jump a route or something and he got burned. Good thing it wasn't a close game.
I agree with all you said here but I hope once we get Jaire back we won't be giving up long plays like those 2 TDs the Rams got yesterday.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2021 07:38
Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2021 04:08

I agree with all you said here but I hope once we get Jaire back we won't be giving up long plays like those 2 TDs the Rams got yesterday.
Yeah. I'm hopeful that Amos has learned his lesson from getting burned yesterday. He's a dependable Safety.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2021 07:36
Scott4Pack wrote:

;-)

The hats the guys were wearing on the sidelines are stocking caps. This is what I think a beanie is: :lol:

:rotf: :rotf:

Its so funny how i have learned there are so many different names for those depending on where you live.

We used to always call them toboggans. But now I think toboggans are the big ones that are loose on the top of the head. I certainly call what those guys were wearing "beanies". I have never heard anyone actually call them skull caps like Troy suggested. I thought skull caps were more similar to tight fitting durags. I have also never heard them called stocking caps.

I think it is interesting how different geographical areas have such different names for them!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Nov 2021 09:23
Pugger wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

;-)

Its so funny how i have learned there are so many different names for those depending on where you live.

We used to always call them toboggans. But now I think toboggans are the big ones that are loose on the top of the head. I certainly call what those guys were wearing "beanies". I have never heard anyone actually call them skull caps like Troy suggested. I thought skull caps were more similar to tight fitting durags. I have also never heard them called stocking caps.

I think it is interesting how different geographical areas have such different names for them!
:lol: tobaggan? You southerners....

It's a stocking cap.

Some stocking caps have a ball on top. Other stocking caps have no ball on top (these could be called beanies too to emphasize no ball on top)

Toboggans are large sleds. I have never heard of that term for a hat. And I come from an area that actually requires head apparel. Of course we can also just call it hat in the winter and everyone knows what you're talking about :lol:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
30 Nov 2021 09:28
Drj820 wrote:
30 Nov 2021 09:23
Pugger wrote:

:lol: tobaggan? You southerners....

It's a stocking cap.

Some stocking caps have a ball on top. Other stocking caps have no ball on top (these could be called beanies too to emphasize no ball on top)

Toboggans are large sleds. I have never heard of that term for a hat. And I come from an area that actually requires head apparel. Of course we can also just call it hat in the winter and everyone knows what you're talking about :lol:
toboggan is the one with the ball on top. Seriously, google the words toboggan hat...its a thing. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

totally agree its a weird word tho.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Scott4Pack wrote:
30 Nov 2021 09:14
Yeah. I'm hopeful that Amos has learned his lesson from getting burned yesterday. He's a dependable Safety.
I think most breakdowns I have seen believe Amos was fine to jump the route. Douglas was the one with deep responsibility and bit too hard on the initial move.

Read More. Post Less.