Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

This is the worst page of cheese curds in a minute.

It's free agency season and we're veering through all the political and weirdness and cartoons and whatever. I hate it

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Mar 2022 17:09

It's free agency season and we're veering through all the political and weirdness and cartoons and whatever. I hate it

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
26 Mar 2022 23:12
Yikes, Winston and Hurts in the top half?

Don’t really disagree with anything too much. The AFC West might be better than the entire NFC.

I understand that after the top 6 there's a huge dropoff....

...but the top 2 are The Top Two. In the league.

The third just won the Super Bowl.

This whole conference imbalance is overblown.

What's the other conference looks like?

1. Patrick Mahomes
2. Russell Wilson
3. Josh Allen
5. Justin Herbert
6. Deshawn Watson
7. Joe Burrow
8. Derek Carr
9. Ryan Tannehill
10. Lamar Jackson
11. Matt Ryan
12. Mac Jones
13. Tua
14. Mitch Trubisky
15. Trevor Lawrence
16. Davis Mills

The NCF is even or better at the top. The AFC has a better 7 through 10 or 11. And the rest are all unproven and unknown. I think the conference gap is overstated.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:

Definitely welcome to post something relevant if you want.

But I’ll take a few jovial posts about cartoons bringing us together on slow days over posts telling everyone how they are posting incorrectly.

The political posts, many of which have been deleted, are actually relevant to news around the league with Kaepernick.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:

NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2022 17:20
BF004 wrote:
27 Mar 2022 17:22
Definitely welcome to post something relevant if you want.

But I’ll take a few jovial posts about cartoons bringing us together on slow days over posts telling everyone how they are posting incorrectly.

The political posts, many of which have been deleted, are actually relevant to news around the league with Kaepernick.
Oh please. Don't act like posts about the Simpsons, Russia, and Norm MacDonald belong on the football forum and get defensive. And don't pretend they're bringing anyone together. They're just unrelated filler. That's what moderators are for. Don't put it on us for not posting about other things.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Not defensive. Just giving you the digital finger. Anything that ended that Kaepernick discussion is a win in my book.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yes, something that gets me and yoop to laugh together brings us together, that is very welcomed, imo Not even sure what you mean what mods are for with filler. Kind of don’t care either, but guessing whatever it is isn’t remotely true.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
27 Mar 2022 17:20
YoHoChecko wrote:

Behave ........... Bart and Just Jeff are watching. :nono:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Detroit gets the 2024 draft. Boo.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
28 Mar 2022 12:44
An absolute bummer.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
28 Mar 2022 12:44
Man, so lame.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Do they just think GB absolutely cannot handle the draft and its numbers?

Detroit got a SB in 2006. GB has never gotten anything. I just feel GB makes way more sense than Detroit. I also think the hotel issue could be greatly mitigated as long as you have good shuttles between GB and Appleton.

I think Detroit is a cool spot too for the Draft. But GB deserves it sooner.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 13:02

Detroit got a SB in 2006. GB has never gotten anything. I just feel GB makes way more sense than Detroit. I also think the hotel issue could be greatly mitigated as long as you have good shuttles between GB and Appleton.

I would imagine its mostly about infrastructure. Weather may be partially to do with it as well, but that's not as big of a thing late April.

It's a massive amount of people to find space for. Already on a normal game day, many fans have to get a hotel 30 minutes or more away. The draft will be many more people. I agree, its an issue. I still want it to happen.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Giants re-signed RB Sandro Platzgummer to an undisclosed contract.
Not really news and no clue who this dude is but just thought it a name I'd be more likely to see on an insurance adjuster's business card rather than an NFL roster. :grin:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
28 Mar 2022 13:56
It's a massive amount of people to find space for. Already on a normal game day, many fans have to get a hotel 30 minutes or more away. The draft will be many more people. I agree, its an issue. I still want it to happen.
I get it, but at the same time I don't. If I am in downtown Nashville (or any big city for that matter) and need to get back to my hotel 2 miles away, I can wait 3 hours for cab/Uber/Lyft or hike it back to the hotel in about an hour. Geographic proximity does not equal convenience.

Read More. Post Less.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

paco wrote:
28 Mar 2022 13:56
go pak go wrote:

I would imagine its mostly about infrastructure. Weather may be partially to do with it as well, but that's not as big of a thing late April.

WOW! 30 minutes away? OMFG how awful. You know, most people who live in bigger cities take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour just to get to work. 30 minutes ain't squat. I'm not even in a big city and several of my jobs take me 45 minutes to get there in the morning. It's a lame excuse if anyone is using that as a reason.

Kinda funny, how Oshkosh can handle thousands of planes, 500,000 people for a week and Green Bay can't even get a 3 day NFL event with 30,000 people attending.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Raptorman wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:06
Kinda funny, how Oshkosh can handle thousands of planes, 500,000 people for a week and Green Bay can't even get a 3 day NFL event with 30,000 people attending.
Tough to say how it would have looked, but Nashville did 600K pre-pandemic.
The 2019 Draft also broke the record for attendance. Over 600,000 fans took part in the draft events in Nashville.
https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the- ... ce-record/

Read More. Post Less.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:

Ford pumps endless money into advertising with the NFL year after year after year. That may explain it for u.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Realist wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:25
go pak go wrote:

Ford pumps endless money into advertising with the NFL year after year after year. That may explain it for u.
And so does Miller Coors. I don't buy that. Every city has major corporations who spend major advertising dollars in the league.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:39
Realist wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:25
go pak go wrote:

And so does Miller Coors. I don't buy that. Every city has major corporations who spend major advertising dollars in the league.
Not worth an argument but I think Ford is the reason the Lions still have the Thanksgiving day game and 2 superbowl games. Given the history of the Lions on the field I think I am right in this case.