Lions @ Packers GDT: Sunday, Jan. 8th, 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:45
Labrev wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:42
Rodgerz Haterz rejoice!! :beer2:

I do like Geno Smith, kinda happy for his redemption arc.

Also, good for the Seahawks doing the way smarter thing than us, flipping their overpaid declining QB for all they could get.
I certainly don't rejoice.

But I will be very upset if we don't give our young 1st round pick a legitimate shot at being our quarterback. We need to move on.

My hope is we can command a 1st and a 2nd. Might need to be a 2023 2nd and 2024 1st but that may be better for our cap anyways.
We gave him a shot remember Chiefs?

I think sign Baker.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:34
lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:28
bud fox wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:25

Yeah I don't think he retiring but i think he leaving packers.
I don’t think he respects LaFleur. He yells at him all the time. He’s openly criticized him in post game interviews. I don’t blame him either. LaFleur is truly one $%@# idiot of a coach. Couple that with the team having the travesty of the 2020 draft and I would absolutely be outta there.
According to James Jones on Cowherd, Rodgers's relationship with LaFleur is "second to none."
And you believe James Jones is an unbiased reporter? Jones runs PR for Rodgers.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

I’m more heartbroken that the Lions don’t get to play in the playoffs. Love their coach and what a great performance.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:47
go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:45
Labrev wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:42
Rodgerz Haterz rejoice!! :beer2:

I do like Geno Smith, kinda happy for his redemption arc.

Also, good for the Seahawks doing the way smarter thing than us, flipping their overpaid declining QB for all they could get.
I certainly don't rejoice.

But I will be very upset if we don't give our young 1st round pick a legitimate shot at being our quarterback. We need to move on.

My hope is we can command a 1st and a 2nd. Might need to be a 2023 2nd and 2024 1st but that may be better for our cap anyways.
We gave him a shot remember Chiefs?

I think sign Baker.
:rotfl:

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

I don't see how this packers team does better than 3-14 next year without Rodgers.

Lions and Vikings are getting better. Myabe get a win against the bears.

A QB like Love will get destroyed behind this oline and with this sytem/receiving group that is never open - looking forward to 2025 draft.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Acrobat wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:50
I’m more heartbroken that the Lions don’t get to play in the playoffs. Love their coach and what a great performance.
They'll get in next year. Hell, they might take the division.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:28

I don’t think he respects LaFleur. He yells at him all the time. He’s openly criticized him in post game interviews. I don’t blame him either. LaFleur is truly one $%@# idiot of a coach. Couple that with the team having the travesty of the 2020 draft and I would absolutely be outta there.
According to James Jones on Cowherd, Rodgers's relationship with LaFleur is "second to none."
On that claim, yeah, definitely. What's not to believe? MLF lets him do whatever.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:53
Drj820 wrote:
Labrev wrote:

On that claim, yeah, definitely. What's not to believe? MLF lets him do whatever.
True but that does not mean he respects him

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Bakh was really good tonight. Wonder what his future will be after rodgers.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pugger wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:52
Acrobat wrote:
08 Jan 2023 22:50
They'll get in next year. Hell, they might take the division.
It all depends on Goff. This was his best year since 2018.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Eh, oh well. It sucks, but was fun to play meaningful games until the end. Gotta get things cleaned up in the off-season and come back a better team next year.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

bud fox wrote:
I don't see how this packers team does better than 3-14 next year without Rodgers.

A QB like Love will get destroyed behind this oline and with this sytem/receiving group that is never open - looking forward to 2025 draft.
This is why I see MLF play MiLF to Rodgers and sell house to keep him. Before this game I was kind on his side but this one opened my eyes. This was Playoffs, do or die, and Rodgers did look old. This Rodgers is like the late Favre: not carrying a team anymore and collapsing in crunch time. If!!! Rodgers stays we need to find a way to mega p.iss him off for that seems to be the only fuel left working to make him an above average QB.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Just listened to the rodgers presser..he done done. Bye bye.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Rodgers didn't have a 300-yard game this year.

Strap in, boomers. We're rebuilding this mother.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I think the obvious explanation for Rodgers this year is the thumb. We were pretty good to start the year, then his thumb got hurt which is when our massive losing streak coincidentally started. Then we got better as the thumb healed, and were looking really good near the end. Then against Detroit, he wasn't great but he also wasn't garbage- until he injured the thumb at which point he proceeded to immediately throw up 3 ducks in a row.

So I choose to blame the entirety of his suboptimal play on his injury. Yeah the OL and WRs have a combined like 3 guys who should be in the NFL, but even so, Rodgers was clearly below average for his normal standard of play, and I don't see it being age.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

German_Panzer wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:16
bud fox wrote:

This is why I see MLF play MiLF to Rodgers and sell house to keep him. Before this game I was kind on his side but this one opened my eyes. This was Playoffs, do or die, and Rodgers did look old. This Rodgers is like the late Favre: not carrying a team anymore and collapsing in crunch time. If!!! Rodgers stays we need to find a way to mega p.iss him off for that seems to be the only fuel left working to make him an above average QB.
If they keep Rodgers the whole offense needs an overhaul. For as good as Watson is he’s a rookie. Doubs looks just like a possible good WR2 if he can be consistent with his hands. Gotta get rid of Lazard. He’s awful. Cobb is an average slot at this point at best. This is the worst TE group in the league by far IMO. Dillon is average at best as well. There are pieces to work with at OL.

Something drastic needs to happen at WR for this offense to get back to where it needs to be.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:27
German_Panzer wrote:
bud fox wrote:

If they keep Rodgers the whole offense needs an overhaul. For as good as Watson is he’s a rookie. Doubs looks just like a possible good WR2 if he can be consistent with his hands. Gotta get rid of Lazard. He’s awful. Cobb is an average slot at this point at best. This is the worst TE group in the league by far IMO. Dillon is average at best as well. There are pieces to work with at OL.

Something drastic needs to happen at WR for this offense to get back to where it needs to be.
What happened to Dillon? Did his thighs get so big they started to weigh him down? Or did he start thinking about running for mayor of door county more than football?

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:25
Just listened to the rodgers presser..he done done. Bye bye.
He sounded like its retirement vs another Pack season. And I do not think he will throw away how many $$$?

What do you say to texas‘ considerations about Rodgers‘ thumb being his main problem, reasoning that he did well early, then our losing streak coincidencing with his thumb injury as well as today where he supposedly re-aggrevated it?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
08 Jan 2023 23:27
German_Panzer wrote:
bud fox wrote:

I don't think Lazard is awful. He is a nice WR to have around doing the dirty work (he is a great blocker and should be a TE) but he isn't a #1. Watson could be that guy in the future. (Adams wasn't so hot early on either.) Doubs has potential. I hope WR is a priority in this upcoming draft. Cobb isn't even average. He disappears a lot. TE is an area we must address. Most of the top teams today have a good to great pass catching TE. Tonyan isn't the answer. I'm still not happy with RT. They had to sit Nijman and Tom struggled too.