Green Bay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings GDT - 9/13 - 12:00 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

A note.

we ran 78 plays Sunday. Our TEs combined to play 116 snaps, which means on average, we had 1.5 TEs on the field at a time.

I know there was almost zero statistical production out of these guys. But given that the offense played great and worked all day long and we scored 43 points, I have to imagine that their non-stat contributions worked out just fine.

In detail, Tonyan played 48 snaps, Lewis 32 snaps, Deguara 24 snaps, and Sternberger 12 snaps.

Hopefully they'll be more involved in the passing game as the season goes on, but it sure looked like everything in our offensive scheme was running smoothly and according to plan, and these guys just weren't a big part of that plan in week one.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
14 Sep 2020 09:21
A note.

we ran 78 plays Sunday. Our TEs combined to play 116 snaps, which means on average, we had 1.5 TEs on the field at a time.

I know there was almost zero statistical production out of these guys. But given that the offense played great and worked all day long and we scored 43 points, I have to imagine that their non-stat contributions worked out just fine.

In detail, Tonyan played 48 snaps, Lewis 32 snaps, Deguara 24 snaps, and Sternberger 12 snaps.

Hopefully they'll be more involved in the passing game as the season goes on, but it sure looked like everything in our offensive scheme was running smoothly and according to plan, and these guys just weren't a big part of that plan in week one.
I would expect the tight ends to get more involved in the pass game as the season goes on.

I mean Davante Adams has absolutely shredded opponents honestly since last December. He is the most dangerous WR in the NFL the last 8 games or so. By far.

That will garner attention to him. Teams have no choice but to find ways of slowing him down. So what I am hoping MLF and the supporting cast can do is take advantage of that and find ways to get others in space as well as hopefully the support guys can win their one on ones.

And if the run game continues to be successful (which I honestly was surprised we didn't have more explosive run plays), then teams will be really in a bind if they need to stack the box and give extra attention to Adams.

Because then you can have plays that gets TEs in space or plays where MVS can streak down the field and just be a killer.

Like this offense has the potential to be so good if MLF adjusts and evolves when it is necessary. You could kind of tell that Howie Long was not a buyer of the MLF offense at halftime saying it was just because of trickery etc. But what you saw in the 2nd half was us just simply beating MN in every facet. I think we are going to give a lot of defenses a lot of problems.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I saw deguara make some really nice blocks that helped on runs. Didn’t notice Sternberger too much...positively or negatively.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It's so interesting how when a human or a group have a pre-existing narrative, it's so hard to shake.

Steven A was just saying that this performance by the Packers proves that they should have committed to helping Rodgers more now, rather than look to the future. :messedup: :roll:

But it's not just hot heads like him, but every write-up seems to mention Love as motivation and/or mention MVS' 2 drops as proof that the weapons are going to be a problem later, if not yesterday. :?

FWIW:
Justin Jefferson: 3 catches, 18 yards
Brandon Ayiuk: didn't play, injury
Jalen Reagor: 1 catch, 55 yards
Michael Pittman: 2 catches, 10 yards
Tee Higgins: no stats
Denzel Mims: didn't play, injury
-----
MVS: 4 catches, 96 yards, TD
Lazard: 4 catches, 66 yards, TD

CeeDee Lamb, Jerry Jeudy, and Henry Ruggs were out of range. I listed the guys we could have traded up for in RD 1, could have drafted at 30, or could have traded up for in RD2.

Obvi, one week. But it's a tough year to be a rookie.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I watched all of our game, and bits of 3 others, all 8 teams appeared to struggle at times with poor execution, specially so in short yardage situations, and short yardage route timing, we missed scoring oppertunitys twice to start the game for imo these exact reasons, same with the Lions, Saints, Bucs, the Cowboys lost with crap play selections, McCarthy should demand that he call the plays, even so he may have pooched it to, point is minus PS games we are seeing teams struggle because live action against opponents has been absent, and thats what it takes to perfect this stuff.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Our OLine deserves a bonus for yesterday. They played extremely well against a stout front 7. There were a few times where Rodgers was sitting back there and it reminded me of all the times Brady would have time to write a novel. Well done.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
14 Sep 2020 11:07
Our OLine deserves a bonus for yesterday. They played extremely well against a stout front 7. There were a few times where Rodgers was sitting back there and it reminded me of all the times Brady would have time to write a novel. Well done.
Who is this stout front 7 you speak of?

Two under-talented no-name DTs, a rotational EDGE, and a just-acquired this week star EDGE who hasn't practiced all offseason on the Dline. 2 very good LBs, sure. But that hardly makes a stout front seven.

Not denying that the OLine held up admirably amid adversity and change, but the Vikings are weak up front.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Raptorman wrote:
13 Sep 2020 16:09
Good game. Rodgers was spot on today. Hope the guys that got hurt aren't out long. And I have to admit that our defense sucked big time. But they spent so much time on the field in the first half I'm surprised the score wasn't higher.
We couldn't finish the drives in the first quarter and I wasn't thrilled we didn't take the sure 3 points (we did end up with 2 on the safety a couple of plays later). Our nose tackle Kenny Clark's injury is more concerning for me. If we hadn't taken that big lead you guys could have run it down our throats after he went out.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
14 Sep 2020 08:27
Are the Packers the worst 1-0 team in history?
:lol:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

YoHoChecko wrote:
A note.

Did Lewis see a pass his way or was he mostly in there blocking? Sternberger struggled some IMO.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
14 Sep 2020 09:36
YoHoChecko wrote:
A note.

I would expect the tight ends to get more involved in the pass game as the season goes on.

I mean Davante Adams has absolutely shredded opponents honestly since last December. He is the most dangerous WR in the NFL the last 8 games or so. By far.

That will garner attention to him. Teams have no choice but to find ways of slowing him down. So what I am hoping MLF and the supporting cast can do is take advantage of that and find ways to get others in space as well as hopefully the support guys can win their one on ones.

And if the run game continues to be successful (which I honestly was surprised we didn't have more explosive run plays), then teams will be really in a bind if they need to stack the box and give extra attention to Adams.

Because then you can have plays that gets TEs in space or plays where MVS can streak down the field and just be a killer.

Like this offense has the potential to be so good if MLF adjusts and evolves when it is necessary. You could kind of tell that Howie Long was not a buyer of the MLF offense at halftime saying it was just because of trickery etc. But what you saw in the 2nd half was us just simply beating MN in every facet. I think we are going to give a lot of defenses a lot of problems.
What really excites me about this offense of MLF's is how balanced it can be. If our run game keeps improving we'll be a real problem for other defenses to stop. Then they have to find a way to stop the run and Adams. :cigar:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
14 Sep 2020 09:59
I watched all of our game, and bits of 3 others, all 8 teams appeared to struggle at times with poor execution, specially so in short yardage situations, and short yardage route timing, we missed scoring oppertunitys twice to start the game for imo these exact reasons, same with the Lions, Saints, Bucs, the Cowboys lost with crap play selections, McCarthy should demand that he call the plays, even so he may have pooched it to, point is minus PS games we are seeing teams struggle because live action against opponents has been absent, and thats what it takes to perfect this stuff.
Who is calling the plays in Dallas?

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
we ran 78 plays Sunday.
that's a lot of plays and that minny D was tired out early - heck of a game plan and GB ran 46 plays in the first half
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

WR4 got one snap. TE4 got 15.

Read More. Post Less.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Gil Brandt:

Packers CB Jaire Alexander became the fifth player to record a sack, interception and a safety in a single game in the last 20 years.
IT. IS. TIME

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I enjoy looking at this breakdown.

Total of 5 combined snaps for Jackson and Burks...yikes.

Preston got a lot of snaps to not be in the box score.

Gary was in for over half.

Barnes sure made the most of his opportunity!
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Fun game to open with. The first couple of weeks are going to be intreguing to determine effect of not having a preseason.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from SI
https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/gameday/ ... er-vikings

0: Missed tackles by the Packers in the first half.

6: Tackles by linebacker Krys Barnes. An undrafted rookie out of UCLA, he didn’t even make the 53-man roster and was promoted from the practice squad on Saturday but started on Sunday. He had two of the team’s four tackles for losses. Barnes played 15 snaps;

43: The Packers’ points total was their third-most ever in a game at Minnesota and second-most since 1970. Green Bay scored 44 in its final appearance at the Metrodome in 2013.

47,310: Career passing yards, which moved him into 12th place on the NFL’s all-time list. The man he passed, Fran Tarkenton (47,003), spent 13 seasons with the Vikings.
IT. IS. TIME