Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

They offered him an extension...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 17:37
They offered him an extension...
Reportedly after refusing and offering a restructure.

They obviously realised very quickly that they had fkd up.

Too late to say sorry

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Again, they don't have to offer to restructure, they can just do it. That's an olive branch he refused.

They wanted to give him what he wanted, but he refused.

It's on Rodgers, they offered what he wanted. He is now acting like a spoiled child.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 17:54
Again, they don't have to offer to restructure, they can just do it. That's an olive branch he refused.

They wanted to give him what he wanted, but he refused.

It's on Rodgers, they offered what he wanted. He is now acting like a spoiled child.
You don't know that, we only know what is being reported.

What is being reported is that he asked for an extension they said no then he said alright goodbye and they said sorry sorry here is the extension.

So they didn't offer him an extension until they had taken it too far with Rodgers.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

That is not being report. That is a fabrication.

It is actually being reported that they offered him a restructure, that they do not have to offer, and offered an extension.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yup.

Green Bay offered a restructure. Rodgers said no. He wants an extension and he is unhappy.

Teams call GB to offer a trade as word spread Rodgers is unhappy. Packers said no trade to teams who offered.

Green Bay offers Rodgers an extension because he asked for one. (which I wouldn't have done). Rodgers said no.

That is what the most respected insider news person tweeted.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pretty obvious unless one just wants to be willingly obtuse that the Packers wanted to restructure to obtain more cap space...and rodgers wanted an extension.

An extension was not offered until Rodgers was bigly pissed, then they offered one and it was too late.

[mention]bud fox[/mention] has this right based off the rapsheet tweet and others reporting, obviously.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Here it is in a nutshell:

Rodgers: I just won MVP, extend my contract and make me not have to think I am going to get pushed out in 2 years.

Team: best we can do is restructure your deal.

Rodgers: okay, well I am done playing for you. Trade me or I retire.

Team: whoa, what? Well here is your extension offer!

Rodgers: eat s***. No deal.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Some additions to that timeline that are not being reported, which is why this is fabricated:
he asked for an extension they said no then he said alright goodbye and they said sorry sorry here is the extension.
Just as this is:
An extension was not offered until Rodgers was bigly pissed

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 18:59

Rodgers: I just won MVP, extend my contract and make me not have to think I am going to get pushed out in 2 years.

Yep, that's the fabricated story for those that hold Rodgers blameless and the organization solely at fault. Even if this timeline is remotely true it paints Rodgers in a &%$@ light.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 19:02
Drj820 wrote:

Yep, that's the fabricated story for those that hold Rodgers blameless and the organization solely at fault. Even if this timeline is remotely true it paints Rodgers in a &%$@ light.
Or just the story for those that have reading comprehension skills when their eyes look at rapsheets tweet.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

So he made up his mind before even allowing GB to counter.

nice.

I say enjoy retirement then.
Last edited by go pak go on 02 May 2021 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 17:54

Would have done the same to be honest. If you carry a firm and they play games with you, you feel like: I will not gift you anything.

I would have never drafted Love, but told Rodgers: look we trust you for 5+ additional years, lets make a deal till 2026, but we wanna win silverware, so lets make a deal that we have more financial leverage to afford players...and then Rodgers could have even name some players. With certain kind of players you can do that and #12, as well as #4, would have earned that right for me.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 19:09
Drj820 wrote:

So he made up his mind before even allowing GB to counter.

nice.

I say enjoy retirement then.
Seems like time went by with GB not countering. Seems they only countered when Rodgers told them to eff off.

But I didn’t make that post to make either side look good. Just saying how it seems it went down based on rapsheets tweet.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 May 2021 19:06
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 19:02
Drj820 wrote:

Or just the story for those that have reading comprehension skills when their eyes look at rapsheets tweet.
Adding events to the report isn't reading comprehension, it's story telling. Little to no truth in it. See above for the admission that what is trying to be passed off as fact is infact... not.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

:kaboom:
go pak go wrote:
02 May 2021 18:09
Yup.

Green Bay offered a restructure. Rodgers said no. He wants an extension and he is unhappy.

Teams call GB to offer a trade as word spread Rodgers is unhappy. Packers said no trade to teams who offered.

Green Bay offers Rodgers an extension because he asked for one. (which I wouldn't have done). Rodgers said no.

That is what the most respected insider news person tweeted.
Why is Rodgers unhappy the Packers offered an extension - if any of this is factual? I still say I'm gonna wait until we here something official.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers have Rodgers under contract for 3 more seasons. He will turn 40 in that time. Cap hits of $37,202,000 in 2021, $39,852,000 in 2022, and $28,352,000 in 2023. Would like to be able to play with that a bit, unfortunately that looks not to be an option. So extension it is. Extension, regardless of when it was offered, is a huge risk for the Packers. There are only 2 QBs in the history of the NFL who have thrown for 200 passes and a 90+ QB Rating and been 41 or older... Drew Brees and Tom Brady. https://stathead.com/tiny/6fONQ

Before Thursday I was content with playing Rodgers through 2023 even if that meant Love was gone. It meant that that was a poor pick by the Packers, but Rodgers sticking around for 3 more years meant he was playing well. Love wasn't even really a consideration anymore.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
02 May 2021 14:54
No, Rodgers did not get Mac fired; Rodgers' play fell off as a result of Mac's bad coaching and that (among other things) contributed to his firing.

But Rodgers play was still lackluster under LaFleur (Year 1) in the same ways it was lousy under Mac.
You are misremembering. We shut the Bills out and Rodgers gets up on the podium after the game and said the play calling was terrible and there was no flow to the game. It was obvious what he was doing.

Had to be done too. MM was a good head coach but his scheme was downright horrible. You see how easy our offense is right now. Players running wide open. Rodgers not running around for 10 seconds. Everything in MMs last few years was scramble drills, free plays, or miraculous throws and catches.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 May 2021 18:03
That is not being report. That is a fabrication.

It is actually being reported that they offered him a restructure, that they do not have to offer, and offered an extension.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/au.news.ya ... 32959.html

Rapaport ain't the only one reporting.

This and other commentary states Packers didn't want to commit and only did when Rodgers gave ultimatum

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I am sure Charles Robinson is very connected and he should be the one to believe, so let's take it for gospel. The point is, let's not take much for fact at this time. There were a plethora of reports that came out this weekend that were proven false within hours.
"Aaron hasn't said anything like that to me and certainly hasn't said anything publicly," he said, per ESPN.com. "I think that's a little unfair to put that on him. Certainly don't like to hear those things, but no, nothing's been communicated directly to me."
The Packers are committed to Rodgers. For 3 more years. The are especially committed to him for 2021 as it costs more to trade him than to sit him. He is also a $17 million dead cap number for 2022. As long as he is playing well the Packers are not committed to Rodgers for the next 2 seasons.