Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:39
Realist wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:25
go pak go wrote:
28 Mar 2022 13:02
Do they just think GB absolutely cannot handle the draft and its numbers?

Detroit got a SB in 2006. GB has never gotten anything. I just feel GB makes way more sense than Detroit. I also think the hotel issue could be greatly mitigated as long as you have good shuttles between GB and Appleton.

I think Detroit is a cool spot too for the Draft. But GB deserves it sooner.
Ford pumps endless money into advertising with the NFL year after year after year. That may explain it for u.
And so does Miller Coors. I don't buy that. Every city has major corporations who spend major advertising dollars in the league.
Except Green Bay. What’s Green Bay got? They even have a paper mill left?

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Raptorman wrote:
28 Mar 2022 22:02
go pak go wrote:
Realist wrote:
28 Mar 2022 20:25

Ford pumps endless money into advertising with the NFL year after year after year. That may explain it for u.
And so does Miller Coors. I don't buy that. Every city has major corporations who spend major advertising dollars in the league.
Psh, uh...yeah? At least one.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Trudge wrote:
28 Mar 2022 22:38
Raptorman wrote:
go pak go wrote:

What? 4? 5? I remember when I was a kid we had 24 paper mills down in the "Flats" in Appleton. I think there might be one or two left down there. Several have been made into apartments.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Raptorman wrote:
29 Mar 2022 19:03
Trudge wrote:
28 Mar 2022 22:38
Raptorman wrote:

What? 4? 5? I remember when I was a kid we had 24 paper mills down in the "Flats" in Appleton. I think there might be one or two left down there. Several have been made into apartments.
I really have no clue. 🤔

*their

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
30 Mar 2022 19:21
Just saw this too...waiting for the details...

*their

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Surprised this wasn't announced after Brady retired. But I've always been a Bowles fan. Glad he's getting another shot.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
30 Mar 2022 22:18
Surprised this wasn't announced after Brady retired. But I've always been a Bowles fan. Glad he's getting another shot.
Pretty clear to me that if Brady had stayed retired..Arians would be the coach next year still.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Mar 2022 22:22
paco wrote:
Pretty clear to me that if Brady had stayed retired..Arians would be the coach next year still.
:dunno: :idn:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2022 00:07
Drj820 wrote:
30 Mar 2022 22:22
paco wrote:
:dunno: :idn:
You think its coincidental Arians made no mention of leaving all offseason, then Brady comes back, and after a few weeks (so it isnt so obvious) Arians is pushed to the FO a few weeks before the draft? Lol

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Sounds like the decision was already in motion before Brady decided to come back.

Not sure if the tin foil hat fits this one. Maybe.

But guessing the 69 year old coach with a real history of health issues is decided a few months back he needed to pull back.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Brady retired because Arians was the coach. He met with the Glazers at a MANU game in England the weekend before he unretired and explained his conditions for coming back as a Buc.

RIP Arians.

You dont trash Brady in the media and then ride Bradys coattails to success.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I suspect the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Coaches who need another SB to make the HOF, who currently coach a team locked and loaded for a SB run, don’t retire at will mid offseason

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Hasn't Arians abruptly retired once or twice before? Isn't this his m.o.?

And I'm not saying DrJ's theory is wrong. I was just confused with the certainty and was wondering what the evidence was. Turns out, at the moment there is none; it's just a theory.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like he's taking some sort of front office job.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Holy Hannah, Bobby Wagner for 5 years and 50 million.

That's gotta be like a 2 year 16 million dollar contract.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I guess since its come up a lot.

What would you trade for DK Metcalf? He would currently account for about 3.9 million against the cap, although I think it would be expected to do an immediate extension.

Tyler Lockett I don't think can/should be traded this year given his contract. No one will give up a lot and the cap savings are non-existent for Seattle. Maybe next offseason you could get a 2 or a 3 maybe and some good cap savings, but just no real reason for Seattle to trade him while trying to make life easier for a QB. Although he's probably the guy I'd rather have given trade compensation, money, skill, fit, etc.

Less likely AJ Brown comes up too. I don't get Tennessee trading him at all, personally. Probably talking two 1sts, as much as I love him, he's been quite injury prone so far.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 14:50
I guess since its come up a lot.

What would you trade for DK Metcalf? He would currently account for about 3.9 million against the cap, although I think it would be expected to do an immediate extension.

Tyler Lockett I don't think can/should be traded this year given his contract. No one will give up a lot and the cap savings are non-existent for Seattle. Maybe next offseason you could get a 2 or a 3 maybe and some good cap savings, but just no real reason for Seattle to trade him while trying to make life easier for a QB. Although he's probably the guy I'd rather have given trade compensation, money, skill, fit, etc.

Less likely AJ Brown comes up too. I don't get Tennessee trading him at all, personally. Probably talking two 1sts, as much as I love him, he's been quite injury prone so far.
I would do pick 28 and some change. Yes he gonna want to get paid so that's the tricky part. I guess get it done now bc it's only gonna go up.

I would dangle savage (last year) a 2nd and a future 2nd maybe and see if they bite. Maybe throw love in somewhere in that and save a future pick. Alot maybe but it gets us a young stud wr and still alot of draft capitol. Imagine DK and Watson or Burks for the next 5 years. Still can add other studs elsewhere. It keeps us young and physical monsters.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I honestly can't believe this is the first time I thought about including Love in a trade for Metcalf.

Seattle would obviously have to want to want him.

I am not sure what value Love actually has, but I could see Love + 28?? Is that too much? Too little?