Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2023

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

My first memory was the 1986 season. I believe we lost to the Bears on a last 2nd field goal and my dad was grumpy as all hell because the Packers have been so bad for 20 years and he was sick of the Bears kicking our tails. Glad my dad has got to live through the last 30+ years because he was a miserable fan when I was a young kid!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Mine was 1989 and I would have been 7. I remember Chris Jacke nailing the game winner against Tampa in the Cardiac Pack run. Unfortunately, I don't remember much else from that year. I do remember quite a bit from 1990. That, cemented with my football card collection and Tecmo Super Bowl, that 1990 season roster still one of my all-time faves.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Favre beating the Bengals, Kitrick Taylor up the right sideline. :)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

my real inauguration came when my uncle invited my father and I to join him and my cousin to the first game ever played at Lambeau in 57, our seats where directly behind the Packer bench, all I really remember is we beat the Bears, I was 10, my parents took me to old city stadium for another Bears game when I was 6, about all I remember from that game is my Dad cussing a lot, we lost, but he kept the score card as a keep sake for me, wish I new what happened to that and the one from 57, I'am sure one of the grand kids has it.

with a formal indoctrination like that it is impossible to not be a lifetime Packer fanatic :mrgreen:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jun 2023 13:03
I guess a month or two before that; we went up to training camp to get autographs. Majik and Noble and the like were all swamped with kids wanting autographs. We saw this guy just come out of the locker room with no one by him. Had him sign our ball. Still no one else was coming so he told us 3 to run down for a pass. I was the youngest by a good margin, so he threw me that 10 yard button hook.
Spoiler
That was Favre
Spoiler
I dropped it
Spoiler
K, that was the end of the story.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

BF004 wrote:
22 Jun 2023 14:09
BF004 wrote:
I guess a month or two before that; we went up to training camp to get autographs. Majik and Noble and the like were all swamped with kids wanting autographs. We saw this guy just come out of the locker room with no one by him. Had him sign our ball. Still no one else was coming so he told us 3 to run down for a pass. I was the youngest by a good margin, so he threw me that 10 yard button hook.
Spoiler
That was Favre
Spoiler
I dropped it
Spoiler
Damn, that's really cool 004.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
22 Jun 2023 14:15
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Spoiler
That was Favre
Spoiler
I dropped it
Spoiler
Damn, that's really cool 004.
BF004 does stand for BrettFavre004 ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
21 Jun 2023 18:19
Captain_Ben wrote:
21 Jun 2023 16:37
Yoop wrote:
21 Jun 2023 14:54

I thought forum consensus was that Mathew Stafford sucked, and was a lousy QB, and going to the Ram-ets was the only thing that saved his career, or was it Calvin Johnson :lol:

Sanders averaged a buck plus playing us and Payton and Peterson weren't far behind
Top 3 offensive skill players that I have seen the Packers face within the division are

1. Randy Moss
2. Adrian Peterson
3. Calvin Johnson

Am I forgetting anyone?
Barry.
Related/Unrelated, but too funny not to share.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Spoiler
That was Favre
Spoiler
I dropped it
Spoiler
The triple spoiler...love it!

Please tell us you still have that football and it remains unsoiled...?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
22 Jun 2023 16:11
BF004 wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Spoiler
That was Favre
Spoiler
I dropped it
Spoiler
The triple spoiler...love it!

Please tell us you still have that football and it remains unsoiled...?
Oh, it’s very soiled. Probably 50 legit autographs on it but mostly training camp fodder. So what do you do when you are a kid and bored? Forge a bunch of autographs from the good players to “improve” the ball. Idiots we were.

Read More. Post Less.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

I have one from 1993 training camp. All legit autographs but can't read most of them. Brett and Reggie are on there, though.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

ESPN doing ESPN things. Laying off excellent long time talent. Is McAfee really worth it?
RIP JustJeff

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
30 Jun 2023 12:17
ESPN doing ESPN things. Laying off excellent long time talent. Is McAfee really worth it?
I don't think so, but I'm not really the target audience for his dude-bro shtick, so who knows, it may work out
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
30 Jun 2023 12:26
paco wrote:
I don't think so, but I'm not really the target audience for his dude-bro shtick, so who knows, it may work out
The McAfee thing was a joke, mostly. I don't mind him, in smaller doses. But ESPN getting rid of a ton of people.
Jeff Van Gundy
Suzy Kolber
Max Kellerman
Jalen Rose
Keyshawn Johnson
Jay Williams
Steve Young
Todd McShay (Kiper must have major blackmail material on ESPN higher ups)
Matt Hasselbeck
These are some of who I've heard. I guess its around 20 people along with others they just didn't renew.
RIP JustJeff

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

paco wrote:
30 Jun 2023 13:26
Crazylegs Starks wrote:
paco wrote:
The McAfee thing was a joke, mostly. I don't mind him, in smaller doses. But ESPN getting rid of a ton of people.
Jeff Van Gundy
Suzy Kolber
Max Kellerman
Jalen Rose
Keyshawn Johnson
Jay Williams
Steve Young
Matt Hasselbeck
These are some of who I've heard. I guess its around 20 people along with others they just didn't renew.
:idn:

ESPN is part of Disney, which overall is doing very poorly due to their own decisions. ESPN also gets a lot of $$$ from cable (cable companies pay networks a fee per subscriber, and ESPN's is huge at like $8) and more people are cord cutting. Surprised by some of those names.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
None of that talent caused me to grab the remote and turn it to Espn
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
30 Jun 2023 15:07
paco wrote:
30 Jun 2023 13:26
Crazylegs Starks wrote:

Jeff Van Gundy
Suzy Kolber
Max Kellerman
Jalen Rose
Keyshawn Johnson
Jay Williams
Steve Young
Matt Hasselbeck
:idn:

ESPN is part of Disney, which overall is doing very poorly due to their own decisions. ESPN also gets a lot of $$$ from cable (cable companies pay networks a fee per subscriber, and ESPN's is huge at like $8) and more people are cord cutting. Surprised by some of those names.
Nobody gets their sports news from ESPN anymore. Why wait for them to talk about what you want when you can just go on YouTube and get it in demand from whichever personality you want.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah the daytime fillers of ESPN's model is simply outdated. The Internet broke them. Now you can get news immediately and from writers and bloggers who have much more specific interest and knowledge over your team than a national talking head Ex-QB could possibly know.

ESPN needs to focus on live sports events and live sports events only. Live sports is the only real grab or draw in this new streaming world to capture live audiences. So I think ESPN is smart by doing this, but they do need to continue working on and improving the pre-game, post game and halftime shows. Get creative because the old models that these networks are doing are not working.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »