Cheese Curds - News Around the League 2024

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
11 Sep 2024 18:35
@Waldo

That’s def a sign of an elite qb and great coach combo

They have their own decencies that have prevented them from winning it all, but their ceiling is high every year in the w/l column
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Sep 2024 14:51
Drj820 wrote:
11 Sep 2024 14:05
good ole jarred. Known tosser of long balls.
Jarred played the first half of the year. Same thing used to happen when Rodgers looked bad. I hated his even twin Al Rodgers.
Ah yes, ole Al. I used to call Al “Erin Rodgers” he hated it. Sometimes it would help Aaron come back from auyashca retreat faster.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rasul Douglas would make the Packers a better defense. He’s the bills best defender now! Who cares about his age, it is now that we need him!

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Sep 2024 20:12
Rasul Douglas would make the Packers a better defense. He’s the bills best defender now! Who cares about his age, it is now that we need him!
Trading hom last year was so mistake then and a mistake now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I love a good Gutenbumst bashing but I agree with the Douglas trading. That’s a good return for a player as old and as costly as he is.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2024 00:17
I love a good Gutenbumst bashing but I agree with the Douglas trading. That’s a good return for a player as old and as costly as he is.
1) who cares his age if we are ready to win over the next two years, and he is still playing great right now.

2) he wasnt costly at all considering the plays he regularly makes. He made them for us and hes making them for the bills.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Oh My God, not this lamo defense again :rotf: :rotf: a bird in hand, is worth more then the birds , the limb, and the whole dang tree in the woods, not only did it weaken the defense last year, his draft replacement may never be as good as Rasul ever, imo it had something to do with personality clashes, only thing that would make sense to me.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2024 14:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
Oh My God, not this lamo defense again :rotf: :rotf: a bird in hand, is worth more then the birds , the limb, and the whole dang tree in the woods, not only did it weaken the defense last year, his draft replacement may never be as good as Rasul ever, imo it had something to do with personality clashes, only thing that would make sense to me.
In hindsight Rasul Douglas at the end of 2023 and 2024 >>>>> Hopper, a benchwarmer who got arguably outplayed by undrafted free agents.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

People talk about Rasul like he was an All Pro CB I swear.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2024 15:39
He made more plays than Devondre Campbell ever did so perhaps he should have been. Tore his MCL last year and kept playing. Does not drop ints like Nixon and Savage. Can actually tackle. Team leader. Covers similar to what we have. Not sure what else you are looking for in a slot CB traded for the “value Gooty couldn’t refuse” which turned out to be a developmental LB reach pick.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

lake shark wrote:
13 Sep 2024 16:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
He made more plays than Devondre Campbell ever did so perhaps he should have been. Tore his MCL last year and kept playing. Does not drop ints like Nixon and Savage. Can actually tackle. Team leader. Covers similar to what we have. Not sure what else you are looking for in a slot CB traded for the “value Gooty couldn’t refuse” which turned out to be a developmental LB reach pick.
Every draft pick is a developmental pick. Whether it’s a reach or not we will see. A lot of people said Reed was a reach. Same thing with Gary, Clifford, etc. The point is we don’t know is Hopper is going to be anything yet but we do know we have control for 4 years of cheap contractual value with potential.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2024 18:07
lake shark wrote:
13 Sep 2024 16:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
Every draft pick is a developmental pick. Whether it’s a reach or not we will see. A lot of people said Reed was a reach. Same thing with Gary, Clifford, etc. The point is we don’t know is Hopper is going to be anything yet but we do know we have control for 4 years of cheap contractual value with potential.
He was absolutely a reach. Whether he turns out to be a good player or not is TBD. Early results aren't promising.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Saints and Vikings won blowouts in week one against 2 of the league's worst teams so no one moved the needle on their expectations, but this week, pantsing the Cowboys and 49ers, respectively, they might be more legit than I at least had imagined.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I don't wanna be a $%@# but in no way should a football game be delayed several minutes because an old man tripped and fell on the sidelines. Give the medical attention and whatnot, but the game need not be paused. He's on the sideline. Move on.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

YoHoChecko wrote:
15 Sep 2024 19:48
Saints and Vikings won blowouts in week one against 2 of the league's worst teams so no one moved the needle on their expectations, but this week, pantsing the Cowboys and 49ers, respectively, they might be more legit than I at least had imagined.
2nd week everybody's read too much into their own media hype and forgot to show up. :munch:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Caleb Williams looks like one of the leagues worst QBs. If it wasn’t for You f he might be the worst.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I'm happy with how the Bears have looked so far. There's a real threat that Caleb Williams becomes the first good Bears QB ever. But nights like tonight move the needle towards that not happening. He definitely shows flashes, but he mixes them in with horrible throws and reads.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Bears D is currently somewhat formidable. Thankfully Caleb is on the learning curve :beer2:

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Sep 2024 04:52
Thankfully Caleb is on the learning curve :beer2:
Even more thankfully, he's learning to become a Bears QB. :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

mnkcarp wrote:
16 Sep 2024 06:47
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
16 Sep 2024 04:52
Thankfully Caleb is on the learning curve :beer2:
Even more thankfully, he's learning to become a Bears QB. :rotf:
Now we need the predictable fanbase turning on him and we will be all set for another decade. A few more decent performances/Pittsburgh wins for Justin Fields should do the trick.

Read More. Post Less.