Cheese Curds - 2020 - News Around The League

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So it looks like MN had about $12.5 million coming into camp. It sounds like Ngakoue will go down to $13 Million.

So MN will likely be able to make this work. They just have to make a few minor adjustments.

However, I think this honestly really hurts their chances at resigning Cook.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2020 11:21
BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 11:00
Vikings are in kind of that limbo, not sure if they are rebuilding or contending, reminds me of us like 2015-2018.
Except we totally thought 2015 - 2017 we were contenders at the time.

I think MN fans feel the same.

Honestly they could be damn good if Cousins plays well, their CBs show up and Thielen, Jefferson, and Cook ball out.

But that is a lot of ifs.

I think pound for pound, the Packers are quite a bit ahead of MN. And we proved that last December.
We might be a step ahead of the Vikings. But really I think the only difference is basically in QB play. I think we discredit them more than what is fair. They have talent all over the d and o for the most part. They just hinge on how Captain Kirk is gonna play week to week. That’s something we generally don’t deal with as much. But if he played to his top potential majority of game weeks and in the playoffs, they would be contenders. Easy.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Aug 2020 10:28
It helps them but Yannick is a good player, not a great player. Im not that concerned.
Run at them. All day.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 12:02
go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2020 11:21
BF004 wrote:
30 Aug 2020 11:00
Vikings are in kind of that limbo, not sure if they are rebuilding or contending, reminds me of us like 2015-2018.
Except we totally thought 2015 - 2017 we were contenders at the time.

I think MN fans feel the same.

Honestly they could be damn good if Cousins plays well, their CBs show up and Thielen, Jefferson, and Cook ball out.

But that is a lot of ifs.

I think pound for pound, the Packers are quite a bit ahead of MN. And we proved that last December.
We might be a step ahead of the Vikings. But really I think the only difference is basically in QB play. I think we discredit them more than what is fair. They have talent all over the d and o for the most part. They just hinge on how Captain Kirk is gonna play week to week. That’s something we generally don’t deal with as much. But if he played to his top potential majority of game weeks and in the playoffs, they would be contenders. Easy.
I thought that too until last December. That was such a statement game.

I mean we fumble to start giving them great field position. We kept fumbling in the 1st half to end drives. Aaron missed throws to Adams in the endzone.

The only play MN scores a TD on was an absolute dime from Cousins to Diggs. In all rights we should have lost that game last year. Rodgers wasn't on. And yet our defense destroyed them.

Don't get me wrong. I think MN's defense is outstanding and their WR at the top two spots is there. But their CB youth is also real. Their Oline has always had issues no matter how much they focus on it and our defense is better. It just is better.

Our pass rushers are better.
Our DT is better.
Our safeties are about a wash with potential upside with Savage
Our CBs are way better.

The only thing they have on us is ILB. And it even looks like our ILB at least closed the gap in half from where we were last year.

And we also have our X Factor. Just like if Cousins is on....if Rodgers is on. Which so far in August it sounds like he is....this team is on a whole new level.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Drj820 wrote:
I think we discredit them more than what is fair.
disagree.
They certainly do have talent, but they can't seem to do anything with it. Zimmer is a respected vet coach and he got swept by a rookie HC.
And if that were their only shortcoming, you could try to talk your way around it. But it wasn't. They also got swept by the bears making them 2-4 in the division. And if those were their only shortcomings, you might still try to talk your way around them. But that wasn't all

In 2019, they were 1-5 vs Top 10 teams and 4-7 vs Top 16 teams.
So in addition to failure within the division, they also struggled outside the division vs top competition
http://sagarin.com/sports/nflsend.htm

Then they lost: Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Stefon Diggs, Trae Waynes, Xavier Rhodes, Mackenzie Alexander and are counting heavily on rookie replacements...during a COVID-depleted offseason...in a passing league. So your "unfair" comments ring as hollow as the now-empty vikes stadium - for a team that relies on home field noise as much ( or more ) than any other franchise. See below

After losing to KC, the Vikings are still WINLESS in 14 games outdoors on the road vs a team with a winning record since 2014.
0-13-1 and lose by 10 ppg.
They are also 0-13-1 ATS in these games.

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) November 4, 2019
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
30 Aug 2020 12:51
Drj820 wrote:
disagree.
They certainly do have talent, but they can't seem to do anything with it. Zimmer is a respected vet coach and he got swept by a rookie HC.
And if that were their only shortcoming, you could try to talk your way around it. But it wasn't. They also got swept by the bears making them 2-4 in the division. And if those were their only shortcomings, you might still try to talk your way around them. But that wasn't all

So in addition to failure within the division, they also struggled outside the division vs top competition

Then they lost: Everson Griffen, Linval Joseph, Stefon Diggs, Trae Waynes, Xavier Rhodes, Mackenzie Alexander and are counting heavily on rookie replacements...during a COVID-depleted offseason...in a passing league. So your "unfair" comments ring as hollow as the now-empty vikes stadium - for a team that relies on home field noise as much ( or more ) than any other franchise. See below

After losing to KC, the Vikings are still WINLESS in 14 games outdoors on the road vs a team with a winning record since 2014.

Exactly. Again. When MN was faced with higher end competition, they showed who they were. And we showed we were on a higher level than they were. I actually think MN is playing this poorly. They have great talent and they had a great draft.

Why not take your shots and prep your run for 2021 - 2023? If they end up having both expensive pass rushers on this team, they will have to find about $2 - $3 million to clear to make it happen. They also will probably not make Hunter happy because he wants a new deal.

Also, they have Dalvin Cook who will hit the open market who they really now can't afford. I really don't get it. Take your learning lumps this year and fight for next year.

Obviously anything can happen and I could be completely wrong. But I just think MN should have played the hand they were dealt with this year.
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2020 12:55

Exactly. Again. When MN was faced with higher end competition, they showed who they were. And we showed we were on a higher level than they were. I actually think MN is playing this poorly. They have great talent and they had a great draft.

Why not take your shots and prep your run for 2021 - 2023? If they end up having both expensive pass rushers on this team, they will have to find about $2 - $3 million to clear to make it happen. They also will probably not make Hunter happy because he wants a new deal.

Also, they have Dalvin Cook who will hit the open market who they really now can't afford. I really don't get it. Take your learning lumps this year and fight for next year.

Obviously anything can happen and I could be completely wrong. But I just think MN should have played the hand they were dealt with this year.
Wait, let's see, the Vikings lost to the Niners in the playoffs by 17 points. And the Packers lost to the Niners by what was it? 17 points.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Vikings still have some talent on D, but I think the jumbled youth at CB gunna make it easier to expose those LBs in coverage, and if the try to bring in more coverage could see that he run D not being good with Yannick and an extra DB on the field.

But we’ll see, having below average Hughes starting and then just a ton of youth at CB, kind of scary to me if I was a Viking fan.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Raptorman wrote:
30 Aug 2020 13:54
go pak go wrote:
30 Aug 2020 12:55

Wait, let's see, the Vikings lost to the Niners in the playoffs by 17 points. And the Packers lost to the Niners by what was it? 17 points.
Yup. But MN also lost to GB. Twice. And neither one of them was a game where Rodgers was just having one of them games and the opponents couldn't do anything.

MN was a playoff team last year. A deserving playoff team last year. But they were in a tier below GB. Just as GB was in a tier below SF in the NFC.
Yoop wrote:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Everyone in the NFL seems to be getting carted off. Wentz is a china doll.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (107.84 KiB) Viewed 400 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (87.51 KiB) Viewed 399 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (98.47 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

image.png
image.png (51.28 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Not football related but a really cool story about Tyler Lancaster.
image.png
image.png (553.92 KiB) Viewed 396 times
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BSA wrote:
30 Aug 2020 12:51
Drj820 wrote:
disagree.

Really? So, MN @ GB Jan 3, 2016. MN 20 GB 13. I guess that doesn't count.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Honestly, [mention]Raptorman[/mention] , like what are you trying to get at here? Coming in and being like "oh, don't you brag about being better than the Vikings... but, like, we were last year. We are long term. The records speak for themselves; the head-to-head matchups speak for themselves. Like, what even is your argument? Oooo, the Packers and Vikings lost the the 9ers by the same amount? Who cares. These are two teams who play each other every year. We get to see the results.

Last year, the Packers beat the Vikings twice. They had a better record. They lost to the same team in the playoffs, but the Packers advanced a round further. Just cross your fingers and knock on wood for better in 2020, but the Vikings were the worse team last year, and they pretty undeniably downgraded this year, unless there's a SERIOUS youth over-achievement. Maybe chill on the defiant responses until your team shows anything against ours.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Typical Dallas media. Pretty sure MM never got an article like this while he was in GB. If he ever has a losing season in Dallas he will also get to experience more anger than he ever experienced in GB too lol

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys ... -mccarthy/
It’s certainly early for McCarthy, and every NFL team is spouting sunshine and riding pink unicorns in (a preseason-less) August. Remember, there was a time when hope sprung eternal for Garrett and his trademark clapping.

But, from such burgeoning accounts, it’s irrefutable the Cowboys are in better hands. Reliable hands. Proven hands. Hands that have experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows. Hands attached to a man who’s scaled football’s mountaintop and is determined to do it again. A man actually capable of fulfilling that goal.

The right man for the job.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
30 Aug 2020 20:37
Typical Dallas media. Pretty sure MM never got an article like this while he was in GB. If he ever has a losing season in Dallas he will also get to experience more anger than he ever experienced in GB too lol

https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-cowboys ... -mccarthy/
It’s certainly early for McCarthy, and every NFL team is spouting sunshine and riding pink unicorns in (a preseason-less) August. Remember, there was a time when hope sprung eternal for Garrett and his trademark clapping.

But, from such burgeoning accounts, it’s irrefutable the Cowboys are in better hands. Reliable hands. Proven hands. Hands that have experienced the highest highs and the lowest lows. Hands attached to a man who’s scaled football’s mountaintop and is determined to do it again. A man actually capable of fulfilling that goal.

The right man for the job.
I mean MM is stepping into one of the best situations for a coach. That team has a stacked offense that can put up points and pieces all over its defense. Looking back on the Dallas coaches in recent memory they’ve been underachievers in Garrett and Wade.

If MM fails there it only further cements the holiness of thou Aaron Godgers.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I think Dallas is for sure the favorite in the NFC East. They will be a tough squad this year.
Yoop wrote: