Aaron Freaking Rodgers

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Sep 2021 12:19
Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2021 12:13
he's human, but not allowed to be on this forum, every loss is Rodgers fault, take away Adams and this forum would finally realize we should have drafted a more ready to play WR instead of mid round jags 3 years ago.
:violin:
the sigh of relief was deafening when Devonte came back in the game Sunday night, you'd all be playing another tune if he hadn't.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2021 12:32
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
he's human, but not allowed to be on this forum, every loss is Rodgers fault, take away Adams and this forum would finally realize we should have drafted a more ready to play WR instead of mid round jags 3 years ago.
the sigh of relief was deafening when Devonte came back in the game Sunday night, you'd all be playing another tune if he hadn't.
I'm relieved when any All-Pro comes back to play.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lets face it, there isnt enough ball to go around or plays in a game to support another pro bowl level WR. Pretty sure I read that Tonyan has like 11 targets through 3 games. Dillon is averaging 5 carries per game. Two playmakers that can damage defenses already dont get the ball enough due to the absolute stars ahead of them that we like to feature and feed. The cook (lafleur) has the ingredient's (Adams, Tonyan, Rodgers, Jones, Dillon) to make a delicious meal as is.

Yes, I have seen it where Adams is taken out of the game and other WRs cant separate, I just believe in that situation we need to run the ball so much they have to stop quadruple covering davante, or look to Tonyan.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
Of course we were all relieved, but I have to point out that the LaFluer offense has been very, very good in games without Davante. As we have seen, a short-term absence wouldn't be a death knell.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 12:53
lets face it, there isnt enough ball to go around or plays in a game to support another pro bowl level WR. Pretty sure I read that Tonyan has like 11 targets through 3 games. Dillon is averaging 5 carries per game. Two playmakers that can damage defenses already dont get the ball enough due to the absolute stars ahead of them that we like to feature and feed. The cook (lafleur) has the ingredient's (Adams, Tonyan, Rodgers, Jones, Dillon) to make a delicious meal as is.

Yes, I have seen it where Adams is taken out of the game and other WRs cant separate, I just believe in that situation we need to run the ball so much they have to stop quadruple covering davante, or look to Tonyan.
This likely isn't the place, because it's more about the team and not directly about Rodgers, but the reason I get upset about the 3rd downs not being precise throws with timing routes instead of "we got man-to-man, so let's heave and see if he can make a play" is because we are running SO few plays. A few more plays per game isn't going to drastically increase the number of "balls to go around," but it helps with this issue.

We're currently 27th in plays run. We're down about 5-6 plays per game from 2020 and another play or 2 down from 2019. We need to make sure we extend these drives to keep the ball and get more opportunities for offensive rhythm to develop and more potential to sequence plays that build off of concepts and looks from earlier in the game.

I understand that holding the ball and keeping our D off the field is useful, so I'm not saying we need to up the pacing a ton at this juncture, but extending drives on crucial downs will add up a little.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
Labrev wrote:
Yoop wrote:
My reply was directed at the first half of your post (up to the word "fault"), not the axe-grinding over Muh Receiverz.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

As for how (for the umpteenth time) we should have drafted a WR high... what would be the point of that?! Rodgers by choice does not spread the ball around when his go-to guy is healthy. Arguably, he plays *better* when you take away his WR1 because he can't force-feed his favorite target and instead plays within scheme more and goes with what's actually available.

-- Cobb is back, as he insisted on, looked pretty good in camp too, and has gone almost totally unused.
-- Tonyan was one of the best players in camp, some have argued THE best, and has also been mostly unused.
-- Rodgers raved about how good MVS looked, and he's starting, but gets less than half the looks that Adams does.
-- Jones has proven to be a weapon in the passing game. Dillon has been quite competent there as well.

Oh, and the kicker: we actually *did* draft a receiver in Day 2 this year!! One who was considered pretty pro-ready, mind -- and he has not been able to crack the lineup.

Were there truth to your idea that all the receivers other than Adams are "jags" then the pro-ready rookie would be playing right now (some of you folks were predicting he would be our WR2).

*edit* Drj already said all this ha
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Like moth to a flame. :roll:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's fun when it works.

But man I get pissed off when it's 3rd and 4 and I see Rodgers heave the ball to a WR that I don't even know is open until the camera spans to them.

I was also pissed on the Tonyan TD. Like sure amazing play. So I celebrated it. But the first read and play design was clearly to Lazard. And it worked to perfection. Lazard easily gets inside the 3 yardline and probably scores. But instead the ball is going to the harder target on 3rd down. I just don't get that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 15:00
It's fun when it works.

But man I get pissed off when it's 3rd and 4 and I see Rodgers heave the ball to a WR that I don't even know is open until the camera spans to them.

I was also pissed on the Tonyan TD. Like sure amazing play. So I celebrated it. But the first read and play design was clearly to Lazard. And it worked to perfection. Lazard easily gets inside the 3 yardline and probably scores. But instead the ball is going to the harder target on 3rd down. I just don't get that.
you don't know that Lazard was the first read, he went to Tonyan because Tonyan had TD yardage, Lafluer wants to play up tempo, get the ball out in a 2 count, minus Adams and against quality secondary that aint happening, sure Lazard, MVS, at times get open, Tonyan to, but there is a reason Adams gets 15 targets a game, and thats because he gets open.

add another prime target and Adams will go down to 8 or 10 targeted throws, right now we have all our eggs in one basket, we use to say lose Rodgers and the season is over, right now we lose Adams and the same applys.

I wish I could agree with some of these comments, but they just don't make sense, to think we could have moved 45 yards in two plays in 35 seconds minus Adams is a joke, to think we would have gotten the ball out in a two count enough to supplant 135 yards to Adams using these other WR's and Tonyan also seems to border on delusion cause they simply lack the skills to do that, and Rodgers would get pounded waiting on them to clear.

everybody seems to know this cept people in this forum, check with Cosco guys there having a two for one sale on Green and Gold sunglasses, get em while they last. :rotf:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
28 Sep 2021 17:54
go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 15:00
It's fun when it works.

you don't know that Lazard was the first read, he went to Tonyan because Tonyan had TD yardage, Lafluer wants to play up tempo, get the ball out in a 2 count, minus Adams and against quality secondary that aint happening, sure Lazard, MVS, at times get open, Tonyan to, but there is a reason Adams gets 15 targets a game, and thats because he gets open.

add another prime target and Adams will go down to 8 or 10 targeted throws, right now we have all our eggs in one basket, we use to say lose Rodgers and the season is over, right now we lose Adams and the same applys.

I wish I could agree with some of these comments, but they just don't make sense, to think we could have moved 45 yards in two plays in 35 seconds minus Adams is a joke, to think we would have gotten the ball out in a two count enough to supplant 135 yards to Adams using these other WR's and Tonyan also seems to border on delusion cause they simply lack the skills to do that, and Rodgers would get pounded waiting on them to clear.

everybody seems to know this cept people in this forum, check with Cosco guys there having a two for one sale on Green and Gold sunglasses, get em while they last. :rotf:
I'm ashamed, and bow down deep to apologize for the fact that Aaron Rodgers has had no help.

Because only 1st round WRs count as things that help AR.

Sorry, I think I spelled it wrong. It's actually FIRST ROUND RECEIVERS!

Oline doesn't count. Who cares if our GMs keep hitting it outta the park with their picks. AR needs no protection, only FIRST ROUND WIDE RECEIVERS!

RBs don't count. Running game and additional game plan wizardry can't make up for FIRST ROUND WIDE RECEIVERS.

TEs don't count. Tonyan's catches don't really count because he is not a 1ST ROUND WIDE RECEIVER.

Only 1ST ROUND WIDE RECEIVERS, for some mythic reason, count.

Go tell Adams, Jordy, Donald and all that we are so sorry. We set y'all up for disappointment, because we didn't pair your inferior asses up with some superior 1ST ROUND WIDE RECEIVERS.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

blah, blah, blah, take Adams away and the two count rhythm is obsolete, that means teams that generate pass rush will be all over Rodgers before he can deliver the ball, and will dial up to stop the run.

ya I wanted one of those 1st rounders, anyone that didn't is a liar, I would have been happy with almost anyone that is able to separate faster then the group of #4 tier guys we have now, we'll see how long your laughing should ( GOD forbid ) Adams go down.

and to think we couldn't have a better compliment to go with Adams and also have everyone we do know is just more homeristic BS, cause we didn't even try, it's no wonder Rodgers wants out.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Batted around 0.500 picking wide receivers in the first round:

Sterling Sharpe
James Lofton
:aok:

Larry Elkins
Barry Smith
:messedup:

Javon Walker
:?:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The only reason we needed to draft a WR in the first round is so Adams can leave and we can have another star to force feed the ball to. Like Adams took over after the previous guard moved on. Would have been nice to have been Jefferson or Aiyuk. Love those guys.

It’s not needed at all right now. If a defense can shut down Adams, pound the rock with the best trio of backs in the league.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The end of the Rodgers era... and possibly the Davante era... will be sad for me, and for all fans of the franchise. BUT...

For pure reaction, I'm so excited about when the Packers trade Rodgers to the Giants or Eagles for both of their first round picks, take a WR early, a DT, and a WR late round one with their own pick.... and everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS that they never gave Rodgers help, but they stock up on help for Love.

Can. Not. Wait.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 21:07
The end of the Rodgers era... and possibly the Davante era... will be sad for me, and for all fans of the franchise. BUT...

For pure reaction, I'm so excited about when the Packers trade Rodgers to the Giants or Eagles for both of their first round picks, take a WR early, a DT, and a WR late round one with their own pick.... and everyone LOSES THEIR MINDS that they never gave Rodgers help, but they stock up on help for Love.

Can. Not. Wait.
Are we certain Rodgers leaves at the end of this season? Maybe he plays on and then gets his choice of free agency unless packers choose to trade him? Unless there is a player no trade clause.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

bud fox wrote:
29 Sep 2021 00:13
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 21:07

Can. Not. Wait.
Are we certain Rodgers leaves at the end of this season? Maybe he plays on and then gets his choice of free agency unless packers choose to trade him? Unless there is a player no trade clause.
We are talking about the same guy who still won’t talk to his family because they had an argument about a girl he dated 6 years ago.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 21:06
The only reason we needed to draft a WR in the first round is so Adams can leave and we can have another star to force feed the ball to. Like Adams took over after the previous guard moved on. Would have been nice to have been Jefferson or Aiyuk. Love those guys.

It’s not needed at all right now. If a defense can shut down Adams, pound the rock with the best trio of backs in the league.
Adams took over after after 3 previous very good receivers aged to decline, why since we picked Adams should the goal be to force feed 1 receiver, what we should have done is just use another high pick on another in 2016 or 17, instead we took mid rounders that we are still coaching up, who still take for ever to clear.

and why do people think we can just automatically run the ball to win, you can count on one hand our success rate doing that over the years, the run sets up the pass, but that doesn't mean it's a stand alone, get it done thing, best trio of backs? we have one great RB, another who hasn't figured out yet how to pick up a blitz, actually, scratch that 2 since Hill has barely done it either, I'am happy to have Dillon and Hill but neither has proven much yet, Dillon can truck once he gets rolling, but he is a A gap runner, and a defense can load the box and stop him, he needs a gap to get his steam up, both Jones and Hill cause more havoc for a defense, if Dillon hadn't been such a high pick Hill would be our #2, hell Williams brought more production then Dillon has. very seldom has a team been able to just run the ball and win games

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One thing that I haven't seen anybody mention is that Adams and Jones and Tonyan are excellent HANDS guys. If Rodgers puts the ball within their reach, there's a VERY high chance that they will catch it, even under decent coverage.

The other guys are good too. But those three are actually exceptional. I'd think that any QB would want to give the vast majority of his passes to them, as long as it doesn't negatively impact the scheme of the offense. Heck, that IS the scheme of the offense. Give 75% of the balls to those 3 guys. Give the other 25% to all of the others. Until a defense actually stops that from working...
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!