Random stuff

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Anyone ever have shingles? Some of the most debilitating pain I have ever experienced. It's like a really, really bad sunburn in multiple spots that doesn't get better day-by-day.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
18 Feb 2022 07:07
Conversation upon your wife's return:

Oops, sorry honey! The new cat must've gotten out somehow...?

Problem solved.
It's been considered.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
18 Feb 2022 09:54
Anyone ever have shingles? Some of the most debilitating pain I have ever experienced. It's like a really, really bad sunburn in multiple spots that doesn't get better day-by-day.
Luckily no. But I've known a few people that have. Almost killed a family friend of ours. He had several other health issues, but shingles put him in the hospital.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
Not personally but I've had family members who have. That &%$@ is no joke. Will make a grown man wanna cry.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
18 Feb 2022 10:41
NCF wrote:
Luckily no. But I've known a few people that have. Almost killed a family friend of ours. He had several other health issues, but shingles put him in the hospital.
I got on antiviral really quickly, so I think I am already on the uptick, but this really, really sucks.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
I had it, 26 at the time. Yeah, it does suck. Wasn't put on anything, so had the full effect. Was about 2 weeks, I only got a strip of something across my upper half but I was sore. Hurt to sit back in my chair, had to sit unevenly so my right side wasn't against anything...yeah...
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I like whiskey.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
20 Feb 2022 22:15
I like whiskey.
Me too. Maker’s Mark the current flavor du jour.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
22 Feb 2022 14:45
paco wrote:
20 Feb 2022 22:15
I like whiskey.
Me too. Maker’s Mark the current flavor du jour.
I finished a bottle of that this past weekend. Was drinking Jameson Black Barrel last night. Will probably go to Ezra Brooks cask strength single barrel tonight. Was a long day at work.
RIP JustJeff

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

NCF wrote:
I had shingles when I was 16. It was in my armpits. 2nd worst pain I've ever had to breaking my arm. None of the topicals worked. Had them for 6 weeks. Good luck.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

So...here's my conundrum...

Due to my stroke, was forced to head home for god knows what. No problem. I put my application in, get the "you are eligible for 8-10 months" thing. No big deal i thought. My lease was up after March, I could go month-to-month on it, not a problem. Easy!

Well, I called the place thinking I can just call, get told it'll be another 1-3 months, everything going smooth. Hahaha...no. Get told it will be another two or three YEARS....MINIMIM because they are going to remodel those apartments.

So I go ok, I'll just get a hold of MVE, I paid $545, with the garage, not bad deal. Well, I get a hold of them and they tell me its $635 now for those. My disability check is $1640. So...$635 - $40 for heat - $90 for phone - $50 for credit card - $25-65 for internet / TV and my monthly bills is...I don't know. Too much for me.

I just don't know what to do. I mean...I can talk to Nick and Kellen here... but it doesn't have the same, you know?

*their

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Trudge, sorry for your situation. Don't quite understand what's going on, but hope you get stuff figured out.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
23 Feb 2022 22:23
Trudge, sorry for your situation. Don't quite understand what's going on, but hope you get stuff figured out.
I've been wondering that, am I not coming out right? I thought I was starting to remember my &%$@ but maybe not? Just let me know...

*their

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Hoping for a nice sunny day at the Shareholder's meeting this summer.

Random enough thought for y'all? GO PACK.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
24 Feb 2022 21:15
Hoping for a nice sunny day at the Shareholder's meeting this summer.

Random enough thought for y'all? GO PACK.

GO COMMANDERS GO

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I suck at Elden Ring.

Pretty sure I just suck at video games in general now. I hate getting old.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
01 Mar 2022 09:20
I suck at Elden Ring.

Had you not mentioned "video game" I would not have had a clue what you were even talking about. That's how detached from video games I've become. The last video game I was any good at was the original Super Mario Kart game.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

APB wrote:
01 Mar 2022 09:26
paco wrote:
I suck at Elden Ring.

Had you not mentioned "video game" I would not have had a clue what you were even talking about. That's how detached from video games I've become. The last video game I was any good at was the original Super Mario Kart game.
I haven't been an avid gamer for years now. Time and lack of money or good gaming PC got me off track. I still try to play stuff from time to time. But I'm usually really bad at the bigger popular games. Finger/eye coordinator not what it used to be. Definitely something you have to train for to be good.

That's why I never play multi-player. If it doesn't have a single player campaign, I don't play it. I've also never really been a console gamer, at least not since the NES/Genesis. I have an Xbox 360 and play on that from time to time. I use that controller when gaming on the PC too. But I'll always be a keyboard/mouse gamer at heart, but those days are dead.

I need to find a new hobby, other than drinking whiskey.
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

paco wrote:
01 Mar 2022 10:32
APB wrote:
01 Mar 2022 09:26
paco wrote:
I suck at Elden Ring.

I haven't been an avid gamer for years now. Time and lack of money or good gaming PC got me off track. I still try to play stuff from time to time. But I'm usually really bad at the bigger popular games. Finger/eye coordinator not what it used to be. Definitely something you have to train for to be good.

That's why I never play multi-player. If it doesn't have a single player campaign, I don't play it. I've also never really been a console gamer, at least not since the NES/Genesis. I have an Xbox 360 and play on that from time to time. I use that controller when gaming on the PC too. But I'll always be a keyboard/mouse gamer at heart, but those days are dead.

I need to find a new hobby, other than drinking whiskey.
Is more whiskey an option??

:aok:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Maybe brandy or rum might do the trick...?

*their