Rodgers future

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

NCF wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:03
I gotta say, with this beautiful mystery, the preferred outcomes are definitely the extremes. Either trade him for a haul and watch him play in another uniform or run it back, mortgage the future, and compete for another championship over the next few seasons. The in between scenario, retirement, would be the most absolute bummer after all of this, even if it should have been a more likely outcome all along.
Agreed. Then we get absolutely nothing (other than some cap space) for him.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Feb 2022 07:54
very well could just be a planned move to juice up ratings for Mcafee today.
Its not even confirmed he'll be on McAfee today.
RIP JustJeff

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Apparently, Mark Murphy "speaks" on Wednesday morning. It's a normal thing for him. But how much will the conversation be steered to be about 12? I imagine it'll be about 95% of it all, retirement or trade or coming back.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:47
Apparently, Mark Murphy "speaks" on Wednesday morning. It's a normal thing for him. But how much will the conversation be steered to be about 12? I imagine it'll be about 95% of it all, retirement or trade or coming back.
My biggest complaint about the Aaron Rodgers drama, is it always seems to get in the way of draft related stuff.

Like I really really enjoy the draft. I want to here Gute talk about the draft and the combine, and now he isn't gunna get asked a single question about it.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

paco wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:46
Drj820 wrote:
Yep! I predict that Rodgers is not the guest today and we're being trolled. lol

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:54
Scott4Pack wrote:
22 Feb 2022 08:47
My biggest complaint about the Aaron Rodgers drama, is it always seems to get in the way of draft related stuff.

Like I really really enjoy the draft. I want to here Gute talk about the draft and the combine, and now he isn't gunna get asked a single question about it.
agreed, I'am so fed up with the Rodgers B S, I just deleted two posts because I went a bit over the top with my disdain for Aaron Rodgers, and that crap letter to Woodley, she dumped him just as all the others have, no one can life with such a ego centered me first whinny bitch like him for long, he robbed us of last years draft, and he'll do it again this year if he can, he has to be the center of attention or he pouts like a grade school kid, I'am ready to move on.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Retire next year Rodgers after we get a haul from the Broncos.

Retiring this year as a Packer would absolutely suck.

Also, if I am a trading team, I am absolutely putting in contingencies on removing future picks in a trade if Rodgers retires after a certain time period.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Acrobat wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:26
paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Yep! I predict that Rodgers is not the guest today and we're being trolled. lol
McAfee would catch a &%$@ storm for that. I think it's pretty clearly Rodgers. If not, McAfee is loving this as much as QB1.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:32

Also, if I am a trading team, I am absolutely putting in contingencies on removing future picks in a trade if Rodgers retires after a certain time period.
what GM would go along with that?, thats a good reason for us to get all we can this year, any GM trading for Rodgers knows going into the deal that Rodgers word means nothing, and he is loyal to no one, Rodgers is a phony, everyone is closed lip with him because ya never know how he will take anything thats said in reference to him, he wears his feelings on his shirt sleeve and seems to always be looking for something to resent and hold a grudge over

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:55
everyone is closed lip with him because ya never know how he will take anything thats said in reference to him, he wears his feelings on his shirt sleeve and seems to always be looking for something to resent and hold a grudge over
I know someone pretty similar to that.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:27
This is Brandt's way of saying he doesn't know any more than the rest of us do.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers is a trickster and gets giggles from throwing everyone in the wrong direction. I dont expect him to retire.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:32

Why would he retire? IMO retirement is the LAST thing on his mind. He just has to figure out if he wants to stay with us or ask to be traded. I'm leaning toward him returning but I'm just a little old lady on a message board. :lol:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:58
paco wrote:
And he's admitted many times that he doesn't know anything. He doesn't talk to Aaron or anyone on the team regularly, if ever. He just gives his viewpoint from being a Packer, an agent (of Aaron's), and in the front office. He has a unique perspective. But things change and he knows he's not 100% right.

But it is something that even he isn't sure now.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
22 Feb 2022 09:58
paco wrote:
Again, Brandt has always said he doesn't know more than the rest of us do. He has had very strong convictions, though, that proved to be very telling. The fact that he no longer has a strong feeling one way or another suggests how fragile and mysterious this situation actually is.

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

paco wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
Isn't Aaron usually on McAfee's Tuesday podcast? What time is it on?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Brandt may not be an insider, but he does know the man, so he knows more than us.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
22 Feb 2022 10:06
rumors, but according to a GB native there has been skuttlebut that Rodgers is planning on taking a lower team friendly deal so we can keep Adams and several other players, I told my friend I'll believe it when the team announces the deal, I wouldn't believe anything Rodgers says, he agreed.