Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I wanted DK when he was drafted, but I just don't think he is someone we should be looking at now. Just seems like too high a probability he will end up as a malcontent instead of a difference maker. Couple that with the contract we would have to pay and I just hate the fit.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
31 Mar 2022 15:06
BF004 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 14:50
I guess since its come up a lot.

What would you trade for DK Metcalf? He would currently account for about 3.9 million against the cap, although I think it would be expected to do an immediate extension.

Tyler Lockett I don't think can/should be traded this year given his contract. No one will give up a lot and the cap savings are non-existent for Seattle. Maybe next offseason you could get a 2 or a 3 maybe and some good cap savings, but just no real reason for Seattle to trade him while trying to make life easier for a QB. Although he's probably the guy I'd rather have given trade compensation, money, skill, fit, etc.

Less likely AJ Brown comes up too. I don't get Tennessee trading him at all, personally. Probably talking two 1sts, as much as I love him, he's been quite injury prone so far.
I would do pick 28 and some change. Yes he gonna want to get paid so that's the tricky part. I guess get it done now bc it's only gonna go up.

I would dangle savage (last year) a 2nd and a future 2nd maybe and see if they bite. Maybe throw love in somewhere in that and save a future pick. Alot maybe but it gets us a young stud wr and still alot of draft capitol. Imagine DK and Watson or Burks for the next 5 years. Still can add other studs elsewhere. It keeps us young and physical monsters.
Would love to have Metcalf, not the price tag, I would expect he'll want north of 20 mi. I have more faith then most it seems that there are 4 walk on ready to play WR's in this class and we can easily have one, maybe two because I actually think there are more then that, gonna be interesting to see how this falls out, I like a bunch of the projected second rounders, and Guty has double dipped before.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
31 Mar 2022 15:24
I wanted DK when he was drafted, but I just don't think he is someone we should be looking at now. Just seems like too high a probability he will end up as a malcontent instead of a difference maker. Couple that with the contract we would have to pay and I just hate the fit.
Feel the exact same way about AJ Brown. Don't like trading for someone at their probably absolute highest trade value.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would be fine with giving just about any draft pick for DK. My problem is that he allegedly wants top WR money, and that’s just crazy. He is a good WR. I would like to have him, but he’s no Adams, Hill, or Dhop.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:19
I would be fine with giving just about any draft pick for DK. My problem is that he allegedly wants top WR money, and that’s just crazy. He is a good WR. I would like to have him, but he’s no Adams, Hill, or Dhop.
So in reality, you would give no draft pick for DK, since he wants to be paid more than you consider him to be worth. That's the rub with all of these trades. It's not just the draft compensation, but the money, as well.

That's why trading for a top flight WR makes no sense. If we wanted to pay a top WR, we could have extended Davante last offseason when he was willing to. And since Davante is literally the best WR in the league, there is no replacing him. Giving up the draft capital we gained from him only to pay a lesser player top dollar is a net negative any way you slice it.

We have to evaluate and grow our own replacements.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:26
Drj820 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:19
So in reality, you would give no draft pick for DK, since he wants to be paid more than you consider him to be worth. That's the rub with all of these trades. It's not just the draft compensation, but the money, as well.

That's why trading for a top flight WR makes no sense. If we wanted to pay a top WR, we could have extended Davante last offseason when he was willing to. And since Davante is literally the best WR in the league, there is no replacing him. Giving up the draft capital we gained from him only to pay a lesser player top dollar is a net negative any way you slice it.

Yeah what you said Is what I was implying

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:30
YoHoChecko wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:26
Yeah what you said Is what I was implying
Yup.

I just wanted to reinforce my anti-trade stance in as many ways as possible, including building off of the words of others :mrgreen:

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I had this discussion with my brother after the Adams trade went down. Basically, if we took what we got in the Adams trade and just shipped it to Seattle for DK and then extended him.

I had the opinion that I guess I would rather we did do that than didn't, if you're essentially looking at Adams for DK straight up, but there are better options than that. In other words, I would rather have DK than Adams at this point in their careers.

Hopefully we could get him for less.

On another note, all of the recent moves have implications for my dynasty IDP FF team. I have Rodgers, DK, Deebo, Ekeler, and Ernest Jones, and I can only keep 4. Wagner signing with LA today basically made that decision for me, but it would be quite the easy decision if we also go and get DK.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I Dont see why in the world DKs new team wouldn’t treat him like a Deebo and put the ball in his hands in as many ways as possible. I think Seattle hasn’t been very creative.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:42
I Dont see why in the world DKs new team wouldn’t treat him like a Deebo and put the ball in his hands in as many ways as possible. I think Seattle hasn’t been very creative.
I also don't think DK's game lends itself to creativity. He's a guy who goes forward with speed and power. Not a guy who moves well in tight spaces and is elusive.

Deebo has always been the guy who can line up anywhere and make plays. DK has always been the guy who will out muscle or outrun the guy across from him. They probably both break a lot of tackles, but those broken tackles happen in different ways and in different areas of the field and in different scenarios. I think putting DK in crowded places (like a backfield, or the middle of the field) muzzles his value, not unleashes more value.

Both have value, but I wouldn't use them similarly at all.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
I think he is a very limited receiver. He'll give you what MVS can do, just 10 fold better. I think he had a perfect fit for his skill set in Seattle, IMO. Run heavy, PA stretch the field style, with an amazing deep ball thrower, just put that safety in a bind in throw it up every time he gives you a chance.

I do kind of see him struggling to repeat his success in other fits and other QB's, but I think he would do great in GB, especially if he isn't the only plan at WR.

I think he's the type of guy who gets a lot better with good talent around him, vs making everyone better around him. He would be a 1800/15 receiver with Davante on the other side. 900/5 with Lazard. Which would still help us a ton and we need another target.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:56
Drj820 wrote:
I think he is a very limited receiver. He'll give you what MVS can do, just 10 fold better. I think he had a perfect fit for his skill set in Seattle, IMO. Run heavy, PA stretch the field style, with an amazing deep ball thrower, just put that safety in a bind in throw it up every time he gives you a chance.

I do kind of see him struggling to repeat his success in other fits and other QB's, but I think he would do great in GB, especially if he isn't the only plan at WR.

I think he's the type of guy who gets a lot better with good talent around him, vs making everyone better around him. He would be a 1800/15 receiver with Davante on the other side. 900/5 with Lazard. Which would still help us a ton and we need another target.
I would rather have him with Davante as well. I think he needs a #1 with him.

That 3 cone was &%$@. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Happy don't believe anything being reported today day.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
01 Apr 2022 08:14
Happy don't believe anything being reported today day.

Read More. Post Less.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

texas wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:38
I had this discussion with my brother after the Adams trade went down. Basically, if we took what we got in the Adams trade and just shipped it to Seattle for DK and then extended him.

I had the opinion that I guess I would rather we did do that than didn't, if you're essentially looking at Adams for DK straight up, but there are better options than that. In other words, I would rather have DK than Adams at this point in their careers.

Brother, I love you as a human being and Packer fan. But I'm just gonna believe that you were sleeping and having a nightmare when you wrote this piece. For a moment, I thought you were seriously proposing that a straight up trade of Tae for DK would have been a good thing.

;-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Scott4Pack wrote:
01 Apr 2022 09:08
texas wrote:
31 Mar 2022 16:38

Brother, I love you as a human being and Packer fan. But I'm just gonna believe that you were sleeping and having a nightmare when you wrote this piece. For a moment, I thought you were seriously proposing that a straight up trade of Tae for DK would have been a good thing.

;-)
lol, sorry to say it, but it's true

DK is a superstar on the rise and Davante is old. And we have seen WRs fall off pretty quickly. Davante was the NFL's top WR for 2 years now and they usually don't get much more than that at the top of the mountain. And DK is also probably cheaper.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Jaire extension is not going to be easy or cheap.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

texas wrote:
01 Apr 2022 14:58
DK is a superstar on the rise and Davante is old. And we have seen WRs fall off pretty quickly. Davante was the NFL's top WR for 2 years now and they usually don't get much more than that at the top of the mountain. And DK is also probably cheaper.
I think DK could be a superstar with old Davante still on the team. Any team paying DK to be the guy is going to realize this epic fall off you mention a lot quicker than the 2 years you suspect is Davante's limit. I just want no part of DK unless the price is drastically reduced. I would not give higher than a single 2nd-round pick. Even that might be too high given the contract to follow.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
01 Apr 2022 19:07
texas wrote:
01 Apr 2022 14:58
I think DK could be a superstar with old Davante still on the team. Any team paying DK to be the guy is going to realize this epic fall off you mention a lot quicker than the 2 years you suspect is Davante's limit. I just want no part of DK unless the price is drastically reduced. I would not give higher than a single 2nd-round pick. Even that might be too high given the contract to follow.
I'd do a 3 in a heartbeat.

But that is it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

paco wrote:
01 Apr 2022 18:49
Jaire extension is not going to be easy or cheap.
It's actually real easy. Don't extend him. Trade him.