OTA's 2022

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Any updates on who arrived today after travel delays? Any tweets from Ryan Wood with updated info from his sources?

Nope, didn't think so. Because we only have access to one day's attendance per week.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
01 Jun 2022 22:13
“We just thought that, yeah, this is a guy that’s played a lot of ball and it’s best to hold him from this portion of it,” LaFleur said.
Is that in reference to Bahk?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

APB wrote:
02 Jun 2022 08:08
Pckfn23 wrote:
“We just thought that, yeah, this is a guy that’s played a lot of ball and it’s best to hold him from this portion of it,” LaFleur said.
Yes.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
02 Jun 2022 08:13
APB wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Yes.
translation, We don't see any reason or need to have seasoned vets take part in OTA's

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2022 08:25
NCF wrote:
APB wrote:

Yes.
translation, We don't see any reason or need to have seasoned vets take part in OTA's
Not quite. LaFleur has basically said the exact opposite in the past week. But, for players recovering from injury, yes, I think that's right.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
02 Jun 2022 08:30
Yoop wrote:
NCF wrote:

Yes.
Not quite. LaFleur has basically said the exact opposite in the past week. But, for players recovering from injury, yes, I think that's right.
Key part: still recovering from injury after 18 months
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 08:46
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

More key part: You don't know that. You don't know what he is doing or why he is doing it. It could be he is working on his own doing more strenuous activities to help him get back into football shape before training camp. There are rehabilitation exercises that are going far beyond what one can accomplish in a jog through. Maybe it's as simple as that. The last thing I want is for him to go full blow at training camp and pull a hamstring on Day 1.

I will certainly leave some room for the possibility that this is a bigger issue, but I lean WAY heavier to the side that it isn't.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't understand the need or want to make everyone else pessimistic about Bakhtiari's return? Did it take much longer for him get back after the tear? Yes. We're there complications with swelling after he got back? Yes. Do 99% of pro athletes recover almost fully from 1 ACL tear? Yes. Does not competing at OTAs mean he isn't ready or won't be ready for TC? No idea, we shall see. Would he have participated in OTAs, regardless? No.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 02 Jun 2022 09:25, edited 2 times in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:
Yoop wrote:

What do you win if Bak misses actual games?

Get to be happy you were right with your pessimism about a key Packers player's health?

Dunno. Seems like a strange thing to enjoy for me.

I would think fans would hope for our LT's healthy return, not enjoy them being out.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

seriously, what is to be gained by having a 9 year vet take part in ota's? unless your installing a whole new offensive scheme which basically only happens with a new HC then vets are just taking snaps that should go to newbies, and for anyone to think having vets cheer on these newbies somehow helps them is dreaming, again coaches coach, and players play.

Lafluers first year almost everyone showed up, why? because a new system was being installed, same last season on defense for Barry, more mountain building out of mole hills :thwap:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

salmar80 wrote:
02 Jun 2022 09:24
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:

What do you win if Bak misses actual games?

Get to be happy you were right with your pessimism about a key Packers player's health?

Dunno. Seems like a strange thing to enjoy for me.

I would think fans would hope for our LT's healthy return, not enjoy them being out.
No one is hoping Bahk misses games that I know of.

No one is even being a pessimistic.

The two camps are reality and optimistic.

I admit to not being optimistic.

But that’s because after 18 months the injury is still the reason he isn’t on the field. That’s a “whoa” moment for anyone who isn’t...optimistic.

I hope he’s back soon and everything is all good. That’s what I want!

But also not afraid to call a spade a spade..18 months post injury and the reason given for not being on the field at OTAs is the injury is...well, strange.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Except the reason given was NOT injury.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23 wrote:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

But there aren't two camps, there are three.

Optimistic: Bakh will lead us to the Super Bowl! :banana:

Pessimistic: Bakh is done! :(

Reality: We don't have enough information :|
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
02 Jun 2022 12:19
But there aren't two camps, there are three.

Optimistic: Bakh will lead us to the Super Bowl! :banana:

Pessimistic: Bakh is done! :(

Reality: We don't have enough information :|
:clap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah. I still think the fact we didn't target a LT in the draft or FA is a good sign.

If there was any doubt, I think there would have been a larger effort at getting a true tackle. Right now our Oline is comprised of Bakh, Nijmna and a bunch of interior players who can maybe play tackle if necessary. (only one of them will likely excel but is also going to start on PUP)

I'm not worried yet. Definitely reason to at least acknowledge there is risk. But no reason to worry because of him being with the rehab group in OTAs.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 13:18
I'm not worried yet. Definitely reason to at least acknowledge there is risk. But no reason to worry because of him being with the rehab group in OTAs.
:clap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

And this is coming from a guy that usually does talk injury points more than others.

I sniffed out Z Smith's injury last year hard and got ridiculed for it. I also said the same "knee jerk" reactions of other players who missed the season during the game based on reports we received (like Mercilus)

But I'm just not there yet with Bakh.

If however he doesn't participate in camp right away....you damn right I will be ringing the alarm bells. There should be no real reason he isn't ready by camp. It's not like "one more month of rest" will likely change things for him by then. So I would start being pessimistic by then.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 13:36
And this is coming from a guy that usually does talk injury points more than others.

I sniffed out Z Smith's injury last year hard and got ridiculed for it. I also said the same "knee jerk" reactions of other players who missed the season during the game based on reports we received (like Mercilus)

But I'm just not there yet with Bakh.

If however he doesn't participate in camp right away....you damn right I will be ringing the alarm bells. There should be no real reason he isn't ready by camp. It's not like "one more month of rest" will likely change things for him by then. So I would start being pessimistic by then.
nothing like fog horning your carnic abilities :rotf: don't remember your forecasting Z going to IR, but whatever.

Nijman is our backup LT, should have let him start in the PO game, and he did well last year filling for Bahk, Know one with actual knowledge concerning Bakhtiari seems worried, why should I be.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
02 Jun 2022 14:14
go pak go wrote:
02 Jun 2022 13:36

nothing like fog horning your carnic abilities :rotf: don't remember your forecasting Z going to IR, but whatever.
I remember it.