Packers @ Bears GDT: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 12:00 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2022 12:09
A win means a lot more to the Packer faithful who buy tickets and go to games, and the players, I can't imagine any of them just don't care, I don't either, and have never not cared, through so many losing seasons I rooted for the team to win in every game, I can't even imagine why any Packer fan wouldn't, and if ya throw this draft slot stuff at me, well I've seen to many high slot players bust to even consider that, frankly I'am disgusted with people that thinking tanking is a option, I hope our FO never stoops to that crap, cause that will end my fanship.
Yeah you always seem to miss the mark on this.

The players and coaches always care. Doesn't mean I have to hope they win. I do care. I care a lot. I have paid for tickets to go to games that I wished we had lost.

We aren't going to be a top 5 pick team. But being a top 10 pick team would be good. This game will do a lot for that. I do think we will win unless Fields runs all over us. Which is a very strong possibility.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2022 12:24
Yoop wrote:
A win means a lot more to the Packer faithful who buy tickets and go to games, and the players, I can't imagine any of them just don't care, I don't either, and have never not cared, through so many losing seasons I rooted for the team to win in every game, I can't even imagine why any Packer fan wouldn't, and if ya throw this draft slot stuff at me, well I've seen to many high slot players bust to even consider that, frankly I'am disgusted with people that thinking tanking is a option, I hope our FO never stoops to that crap, cause that will end my fanship.

The players and coaches always care. Doesn't mean I have to hope they win. I do care. I care a lot. I have paid for tickets to go to games that I wished we had lost.

We aren't going to be a top 5 pick team. But being a top 10 pick team would be good. This game will do a lot for that. I do think we will win unless Fields runs all over us. Which is a very strong possibility.
I'am not missing the mark, you are, I added another paragraph to my last post which you quoted, but I'll add a little more.

you care about a unknown commodity, go look at all the losing teams that pick top 5 or 10 each year in the draft, I did that for most of 2 decades with this team, and that will really drive you nuts, to tank for draft slotting is a real losing proposition and the proof is real easy to see, about 40% ( give or take a % point) of top 20 draft picks fail, now it's true some teams have been fortunate, but to become good they had to do real poorly for years first ( SF comes to mind) on top of that ya need great coaches or it doesn't amount to much ( Cinci, Cleveland, Miami etc.)

plus you've ( not so much us) lost a lot of fans, fans don't go to games rooting for there team to lose, you'd be a exception in that regard, and if they got a hint that the team is actually trying to lose that might be there last game, I know it would be mine.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
03 Dec 2022 12:45
go pak go wrote:
03 Dec 2022 12:24
Yoop wrote:

I'am not missing the mark, you are, I added another paragraph to my last post which you quoted, but I'll add a little more.

you care about a unknown commodity, go look at all the losing teams that pick top 5 or 10 each year in the draft, I did that for most of 2 decades with this team, and that will really drive you nuts, to tank for draft slotting is a real losing proposition and the proof is real easy to see, about 40% ( give or take a % point) of top 20 draft picks fail, now it's true some teams have been fortunate, but to become good they had to do real poorly for years first ( SF comes to mind) on top of that ya need great coaches or it doesn't amount to much ( Cinci, Cleveland, Miami etc.)

plus you've ( not so much us) lost a lot of fans, fans don't go to games rooting for there team to lose, you'd be a exception in that regard, and if they got a hint that the team is actually trying to lose that might be there last game, I know it would be mine.
The fact you have the word tank in your response still shows you are missing the mark.

The team won't tank. Of course they still care (somewhat). I just wish they cared a little more during the Giants - Titans games when it really mattered. Seeing Sammy Watkins or Adrian Amos make plays does nothing for me as a fan anymore. They won't be Packers next year.

But yeah seeing guys like Zach Tom, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, Rudy Ford, Quay Walker ball is something I will root for. Because they will be Packers in 2023.

But every time I say, "I hope we lose" you go on this coaches and players not tanking rant. Who says the Packers need to tank to lose? Just keep playing their best October ball and they got the losing part already taken care of.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I predict we see more of Love today. Old man Rodgers is gonna get popped at some point and will take a trip back to the locker room. Probably in 3rd quarter. Maybe second.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Pugger wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:34
Labrev wrote:
30 Nov 2022 13:10
Yoop wrote:
30 Nov 2022 12:43

what does being top 10 or slot 14 matter unless your going after a pine riding QB, hell every player Guty drafts that high gets blisters for two years anyway.

tanking for draft position is something this team doesn't do, I think Miami does though, and there paying folks to jump on there bandwagon :rotf: hell you could probably get a bargain basement deal on season tickets :rotf:

And how's Miami's season going :rotf: in comparison to us? :rotf:
The Dolphins are 8-5 and leading the AFCE. They've won 5 straight games.
Well then, here's an excuse for an early Merry Christmas greeting. Kickoff is at NOON Central time.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 08:36
I predict we see more of Love today. Old man Rodgers is gonna get popped at some point and will take a trip back to the locker room. Probably in 3rd quarter. Maybe second.
He got shown up by Love last week so I think he comes out slinging till the thumb comes off.

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

Is this the place that Rodgers owns?!
Attachments
8AFE9D7E-7963-4878-87C5-EAA1678C800E.jpeg
8AFE9D7E-7963-4878-87C5-EAA1678C800E.jpeg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 356 times
GO PACK GO!!!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

No Doubs

But DeVondre Campbell :banana:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 11:11

No Doubs

But DeVondre Campbell :banana:
Keep up that enthusiasm when it comes time for the Here's Johnny vote!

GJPackerBacker
Reactions:

Post by GJPackerBacker »

16 minutes before game time and there are a lot of empty seats!! I’d guess only 50% occupied now.
GO PACK GO!!!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here we go! Let's take the lead in the games won category!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

GJPackerBacker wrote:
04 Dec 2022 11:47
16 minutes before game time and there are a lot of empty seats!! I’d guess only 50% occupied now.
so then normal outing for the Bears fans :rotf: probably be 50/50 bears to Packer fans, turnout for a full house Bears crowd typically ends about the 3rd or 4th game every season :beer2:

GO PACK GO

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Fields will run wild today but I also think we win.

Bears/Packers is always a fun game.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

ILB on RB, Quay with a nice play on the pass to the flats for Montgomery.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d like to see a view of that, didn’t look like he got that to me

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Really nice penetration by Clark on that 2nd and 9.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Is it that windy today or did he slice it that bad?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 12:06
Clark in single technique, still ended up just occupying a blocker

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
04 Dec 2022 12:16
Pckfn23 wrote:
04 Dec 2022 12:06
Clark in single technique, still ended up just occupying a blocker
Like I said before you don't understand what is actually happening on the field.

It was a $%@# pass. :roll: can't get more ignorant.

Leave it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Who are these announcers?

Do not recognize, I don’t think they are good so far, but I surprisingly don’t hate them