Week 17 Games

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:18
Social media? They announced on tv they had 5 minutes to get ready, then you see Taylor walk over. Pretty obvious.
So, it’s pretty obvious that some made a decision based off the movement of one person. Wow, I wish I had that insight.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Raptorman wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:28
Drj820 wrote:
Social media? They announced on tv they had 5 minutes to get ready, then you see Taylor walk over. Pretty obvious.
So, it’s pretty obvious that some made a decision based off the movement of one person. Wow, I wish I had that insight.
It’s okay to criticize the nfl who told the players to be ready to play in 5 minutes after they knew a player had 9 minutes of cpr on the field
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:30
Raptorman wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
It’s okay to criticize the nfl who told the players to be ready to play in 5 minutes after they knew a player had 9 minutes of cpr on the field
You don't know that the NFL told players to be ready to play in 5 minutes. That is the ENTIRE point. It could have been the ref himself. It could have been just playing off of Diggs trying to rally the troops.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:39
Drj820 wrote:
Raptorman wrote:

You don't know that the NFL told players to be ready to play in 5 minutes. That is the ENTIRE point. It could have been the ref himself. It could have been just playing off of Diggs trying to rally the troops.
“Know” as in…did the nfl call me and tell the guys would be playing in 5 minutes? No they didn’t call me.

“Know” as in Joe Buck directly said on air that “word from the nfl is the players have been given 5 minutes to get ready to resume play”….then yes, I know I heard Joe Buck report it.

Sorry you missed that

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:42
Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 21:39
Drj820 wrote:

“Know” as in…did the nfl call me and tell the guys would be playing in 5 minutes? No they didn’t call me.

“Know” as in Joe Buck directly said on air that “word from the nfl is the players have been given 5 minutes to get ready to resume play”….then yes, I know I heard Joe Buck report it.

Sorry you missed that
Joe Buck did not say "word from the NFL is the players have been given 5 minutes to get ready to resume play." Sorry you misheard it.

That said Joe buck is not in direct contact with the NFL.

You are trying to create a villain where none needs to be made.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I thought it was pretty clear at the time, and in reports since, that NFL leadership was responsible for the 5 min startup time. Joe Buck doesn’t just report things on air without it going through some official screening. I don’t know why this needs to turn into a point of contention. Other than, of course, one member being a little salty over yesterdays events and wanting to be contentious. ;)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB wrote:
02 Jan 2023 22:03
I thought it was pretty clear at the time, and in reports since, that NFL leadership was responsible for the 5 min startup time. I don’t know why this needs to turn into a point of contention. Other than, of course, one member being a little salty over yesterdays events and wanting to be contentious. ;)
I would say there was a report of a 5 minute warmup, but how that came about is where the questions lie. It could have been the official or the just a player trying to get the team going. Why it had to be contentious as a discussion, I don't know.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 22:05
APB wrote:
I thought it was pretty clear at the time, and in reports since, that NFL leadership was responsible for the 5 min startup time. I don’t know why this needs to turn into a point of contention. Other than, of course, one member being a little salty over yesterdays events and wanting to be contentious. ;)
I would say there was a report of a 5 minute warmup, but how that came about is where the questions lie. It could have been the official or the just a player trying to get the team going. Why it had to be contentious as a discussion, I don't know.
If it’s contentious, it’s just because you are arguing about something that is being accepted by everyone as common knowledge, everyone including Joe Buck who was calling the game. Joe Buck didn’t say the players had 5 minutes because Diggs was getting ready to play. This isn’t really something to argue about.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Tex is right.

Last edited by Trudge on 03 Jan 2023 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 22:15
Pckfn23 wrote:
APB wrote:
If it’s contentious, it’s just because you are arguing about something that is being accepted by everyone as common knowledge, everyone including Joe Buck who was calling the game. Joe Buck didn’t say the players had 5 minutes because Diggs was getting ready to play. This isn’t really something to argue about.
It isn't common knowledge, it is common speculation. It is contentious because instead of discussing like an adult you decided to be condescending.

Joe Buck said 5 minutes because that was the report from Lisa Salters or whoever the sideline reporters is.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hopefully some truth here.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I was very sad to see that Damar Hamlin is still on a ventilator this morning.

I can't help but wonder "why is he still on a ventilator?" It's been 11 hours. The fact he still isn't breathing on his own makes me question if there is real concern of brain damage now.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
03 Jan 2023 07:13
I was very sad to see that Damar Hamlin is still on a ventilator this morning.

I can't help but wonder "why is he still on a ventilator?" It's been 11 hours. The fact he still isn't breathing on his own makes me question if there is real concern of brain damage now.
I thought that myself. How long until the ambulance got there and they got his pads off to perform CPR? If his heart stopped bloods not flowing and oxygen isn’t getting to the brain.

Hopefully it’s nothing that’s just how my brain works.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
02 Jan 2023 22:17
Drj820 wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

It isn't common knowledge, it is common speculation. It is contentious because instead of discussing like an adult you decided to be condescending.

Joe Buck said 5 minutes because that was the report from Lisa Salters or whoever the sideline reporters is.
you called Dr. J a liar, Joe Buck did say it, the only thing J got wrong was who told Joe Buck, for cri sakes, both you and Raptor are so concerned with protecting Goddall or the nfl ya started a stupid argument, that ended up taking precedence over the health of Hamlin

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:04
Pckfn23 wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

you called Dr. J a liar, Joe Buck did say it, the only thing J got wrong was who told Joe Buck, for cri sakes, both you and Raptor are so concerned with protecting Goddall or the nfl ya started a stupid argument, that ended up taking precedence over the health of Hamlin
What he quoted was not factual, it was embellished to create misleading evidence. I pointed that out. Buck did say there would be a 5 minute warm up, but he NEVER claimed/said the NFL itself directed it as was quoted. It was also said it was factual that the NFL directed a 5 minute warm up, the evidence points to that being false. It looks like somewhere on the field the broadcast got their wires crossed and someone assumed there would be a 5 minute warmup and it was reported. I pointed that out at the time, but...

It has nothing to do with protecting Roger Goodell. You are right though, this whole 5 minute warmup nonsense did take precedence over the health of Hamlin both on social media and even part of the broadcast after the game was suspended. It was people trying as hard as they could to create a villain when there was absolutely no need for it. People continuously through that harrowing hour were so quick to judgment with little facts. It is why my OP was that I hate social media during times like that, people make snap judgments on events they are only viewing from afar.

It was an absolutely terrible situation last night and honestly, not defending anyone, I think the NFL handled it fairly well. They didn't make rash decisions. They brought all parties together to determine a course of action. They did what was in the best interest of the PEOPLE involved. I hope Damar will recover in time. What a scary thing for him, his family, and friends.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:17
Yoop wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:04
Pckfn23 wrote:

What he quoted was not factual, it was embellished to create misleading evidence. I pointed that out. Buck did say there would be a 5 minute warm up, but he NEVER claimed/said the NFL itself directed it as was quoted. It was also said it was factual that the NFL directed a 5 minute warm up, the evidence points to that being false. It looks like somewhere on the field the broadcast got their wires crossed and someone assumed there would be a 5 minute warmup and it was reported. I pointed that out at the time, but...

It has nothing to do with protecting Roger Goodell. You are right though, this whole 5 minute warmup nonsense did take precedence over the health of Hamlin both on social media and even part of the broadcast after the game was suspended. It was people trying as hard as they could to create a villain when there was absolutely no need for it. People continuously through that harrowing hour were so quick to judgment with little facts. It is why my OP was that I hate social media during times like that, people make snap judgments on events they are only viewing from afar.

It was an absolutely terrible situation last night and honestly, not defending anyone, I think the NFL handled it fairly well. They didn't make rash decisions. They brought all parties together to determine a course of action. They did what was in the best interest of the PEOPLE involved. I hope Damar will recover in time. What a scary thing for him, his family, and friends.
Dr J simply parroted comments Buck made, and added what he thought was NFL backed 5 minutes to prepare to play, and ya both ( you and Raptor) pounced on him like a seagull does a dead carp at the beach, ya both could have over looked that, I mean who gives two &%$@ about one simple comment, just say whatever ya have to say and move on.

I fell asleep and missed the hit, when I woke up the game was over, this morning I come here and it's a tit for tat back and forth and waste of time to learn any more about the incident, just stick to info stuff, your very good at that.

such as, how many snaps did we play base front, seemed like we started the game with that and wouldn't allow Minny to establish a run game :clap:
Last edited by Yoop on 03 Jan 2023 08:42, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

🤡

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Jan 2023 08:39
🤡
oz got your back :lol: