Round 2 Pick 50 Jayden Reed

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:27
So far this is the only bad pick in my
Opinion. The rest of this class is all A grades for me. This but is bordering on D+ to C-
Is it the size/explosion numbers that you don't like? The film? The team fit?

What's the gripe?

Is he sucky poo in the pants? Is he garbage juice?

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:43
lupedafiasco wrote:
Opinion. The rest of this class is all A grades for me. This but is bordering on D+ to C-

What's the gripe?

I view slot receivers like RBs. You can get these guys anywhere so why take one so early? If we were going to take one. In the 2nd round like this I would have preferred them to be special. I think he’s just fine. I also think it’s a reach and that there were better receivers available.

I just see it like I see taking an RB. You shouldn’t pay slot receivers because even though they’re valuable they’re everywhere in the draft and cheap in FA. If getting a position offers poor value on his second contract I don’t see the purpose getting him early.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:00
YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Apr 2023 10:43
lupedafiasco wrote:

What's the gripe?

I view slot receivers like RBs. You can get these guys anywhere so why take one so early? If we were going to take one. In the 2nd round like this I would have preferred them to be special. I think he’s just fine. I also think it’s a reach and that there were better receivers available.

I just see it like I see taking an RB. You shouldn’t pay slot receivers because even though they’re valuable they’re everywhere in the draft and cheap in FA. If getting a position offers poor value on his second contract I don’t see the purpose getting him early.
He’s going to do it, but I think the vision here is he is not a slot only WR.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:00

:aok:

Him being our 3rd pick after two trade downs sort of had me forgetting that this was a top-50 pick still, so that's a decent and solid point/complaint.

I always argue with myself between value judgements (which demonstrates draft expertise that does beyond player evaluation but also a firm understanding of what other teams are going to do) and just "do I like who we added."

I tend to weigh toward the latter--it's more important to me to have good players that I like and to judge the collection of players added to our team. But I'm not devoid of complaining about value because maximizing resources yields marginal improvement. But also, true value judgments are often hard to know from the outside.

Anyway, fair critique.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:50

I'am shocked there going to give a player #1, I guess nothing is sacred any more :thwap:
I'm glad you noticed that, too. I mentioned it last night, but I think Foosball didn't believe me that #1 was unofficially retired.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

I will say that Reed sure ripped the Badgers good last season. He even threw a TD pass in OT. Could make for an interesting option play!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
29 Apr 2023 11:18
Yoop wrote:
29 Apr 2023 09:50

I'am shocked there going to give a player #1, I guess nothing is sacred any more :thwap:
I'm glad you noticed that, too. I mentioned it last night, but I think Foosball didn't believe me that #1 was unofficially retired.
if memory serves we've only used it a few times when the roster was bursting pre season, never understood why it wasn't permanently retired, if your going to name a stadium after a player/coach, why not retire his number

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

You guys can relax now.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
29 Apr 2023 12:44
You guys can relax now.
wew, I doubt I'd have slept a wink tonight knowing the team disrespected Curly like that :rotf:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

I'm not crazy about this pick only because I'm generally against taking small(er) players in the early rounds.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Captain_Ben wrote:
29 Apr 2023 14:10
I'm not crazy about this pick only because I'm generally against taking small(er) players in the early rounds.
You had me at “generally against taking smaller players”

But I actually do like this pick. Don’t love it. But like it a lot. I like the player a ton more than I like him for t vision of our team

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Captain_Ben wrote:
I was the same until I realized he's a 5' 11" guy and not a 5' 8" guy.

We got plenty of height on the team. I am more than okay with Reed's size as a result
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
30 Apr 2023 17:52
Captain_Ben wrote:
I was the same until I realized he's a 5' 11" guy and not a 5' 8" guy.

We got plenty of height on the team. I am more than okay with Reed's size as a result
Yeah, he's an inch and a half taller than Zay Flowers at 5'10 3/4"
He's a little heavier than Flowers, also. He weighed 187 at the combine, 191 at his Pro Day, and said on the conference call he's around 195
(Flowers weighed 182 at the combine)

So if Reed is 5'11" 190-195, that's a pretty regular-sized receiver. Not great, but not "small."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Andy Herman and Ben Fennell are both obsessed with this guy. The play style, play making, and play demeanor really gets 'em

The guys they drafted this year are "my ball" guys, which is awesome. It's the kind of competitive attitude that will be contagious in the room. DuBose and Reed coming up against Rasul and Jaire in practices will be epid. I'm gonna have to make a camp pilgrammage for this.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Given Love's accuracy issues i would have preferred a wr that can go get the ball or get better separation.

Reminds me of Cobb.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

BF004 wrote:
03 May 2023 22:03
I didn't have Reed on my radar and the initial bits of information I got on him underwhelmed me, this was one of my least liked picks of the draft.

Then I watched his video yesterday.... sold sold sold.

damn bloggerz!!
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto