Jordan Love 2023 Expectation/Player Comparison

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
29 May 2023 11:48
Pugger wrote:
28 May 2023 19:53
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
12 May 2023 10:00
I do not expect Jordan Love to wait until the clock hits 1 second before taking the snap.........over and over again. That was getting ridiculous with the previous QB orchestrating an offensive game plan that rarely resulted in open receivers (unless #17 was on the field).
That drove me absolutely crazy. Let AR do that crap in NJ...
That can drive the fans crazy. But when AR lets the play clock wind down, that gives him every opportunity to get a better read on the defense. So, if the offense isn’t driving an up-tempo, that is actually the preferred way to run the offense.
Equally gives the defense the opportunity to time the snap perfectly as they know he has to snap the ball by the time the clock hits zero
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

wallyuwl wrote:
28 May 2023 21:23
Saw Love play tonight, not very impressed.
Well don't tease us, give us some details! :mrgreen:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Captain_Ben wrote:
28 May 2023 11:06
BF004 wrote:
28 May 2023 08:08
Honestly, just what we needed after the last 2-3 weeks of stupid offseason bickering. Nothing can unite the forum like some arrogant douche.

Always a fun show for the week or two it’ll last. :munch:
Haha was thinking how funny it would be if this new guy was actually you, undercover, as the forum moderator, trying to drive activity in the offseason. :lol:
If only I had that kind of time. :lol:

Work and 3 kids and I coach baseball and softball 4 nights a week. More posting is just more work and we clearly have no ads or anything here. I am very content with a slow offseason. :P

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
29 May 2023 11:49
Scott4Pack wrote:
Pugger wrote:
28 May 2023 19:53

That drove me absolutely crazy. Let AR do that crap in NJ...
That can drive the fans crazy. But when AR lets the play clock wind down, that gives him every opportunity to get a better read on the defense. So, if the offense isn’t driving an up-tempo, that is actually the preferred way to run the offense.
Equally gives the defense the opportunity to time the snap perfectly as they know he has to snap the ball by the time the clock hits zero
AR won that battle far more then he ever lost it, and the defense still has to wait till the center hikes that ball.
the few times where he has to bail and call a time out pales in comparison to the advantages he gains changing plays at the last second freezing the defense out of position, these complaints of him waiting till the last second on a game clock are over blown, and just like all the other stuff fans complain about the few times things don't go as planned, other teams do the same stuff, and it wouldn't happen if not for the positive results of doing it.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
29 May 2023 13:04
Drj820 wrote:
Scott4Pack wrote:

AR won that battle far more then he ever lost it, and the defense still has to wait till the center hikes that ball.
the few times where he has to bail and call a time out pales in comparison to the advantages he gains changing plays at the last second freezing the defense out of position, these complaints of him waiting till the last second on a game clock are over blown, and just like all the other stuff fans complain about the few times things don't go as planned, other teams do the same stuff, and it wouldn't happen if not for the positive results of doing it.
It seems to me that whenever an O becomes predictable the D has the advantage. There is nothing wrong with a QB waiting until the last second. There is plenty wrong with doing it predictably.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 May 2023 13:28
Yoop wrote:
29 May 2023 13:04
Drj820 wrote:

It seems to me that whenever an O becomes predictable the D has the advantage. There is nothing wrong with a QB waiting until the last second. There is plenty wrong with doing it predictably.
Regardless ............... it annoys the majority of Packers fans. Based on that and that alone ............. should be enough to quiet anyone attempting to defend the tactic. I blame LaCoach, the offensive coordinator, and the QB for creating this hostile atmosphere for Packers fans. There is no need to take it down 1 or 2 seconds. If you aren't confident in your play options at that point then maybe the coach, offensive coordinator or quarterback should look for another profession. Enough was enough.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
29 May 2023 16:27
Regardless ............... it annoys the majority of Packers fans. Based on that and that alone ............. should be enough to quiet anyone attempting to defend the tactic.
huh.

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Post by JordanAlexanderLove »

bud fox wrote:
28 May 2023 16:28
JordanAlexanderLove wrote:
28 May 2023 02:19
Drj820 wrote:
27 May 2023 21:24

If love plays any amount better than Rodgers next year it will be one of the best seasons from a first year starter at qb ever
Not true, but ok. Please post some meaningless stats from first season starting QBs that you think supports your claim that first year starting QBs are never as good as the crap show Aaron put on last season. Aaron and the Pack didn't make the playoffs. Off the top of my head, I could name 5 first season as the starter QBs that did. Aaron didn't even show up in a must win against the Lions. And no, your precious Aaron's thumb was not broken the final week of the season. Please save the thumb excuse for why he sucked last year.

Love Aaron and respect his career, but so sick of you Aaron fanboys defending him. He is a huge reason why the Packers never got a Lombardi in the past 4 years. Great coaching staff and better than good rosters for 4 years. The Defense sucked you say? Another false excuse. Did the defense lose that NFC Champ game at home to Tampa? Nope, Aaron did. Did the defense lose to San Fran at home in the divisional round in 2021? Nope, Aaron did. No passing TDs and one rushing TD by AJ Dillon. Thank god the J-Love era is here!
2020 def let Mostert run for over 220 yards and 4 tds. A record I think.
2021 Kevin King and wrs dropping everything. Rodgers outplayed Brady.
2022 Rodgers outplayed Jimmy. Our off outscored 49ers off. Special teams was a mess.

You are just wrong. You think a broken thumb on your throwing hand is a problem? You don't think the worst receiving group in the league is a problem.
LOL. You really feel Aaron's thumb was still broke in the final week of the season when he looked like a complete pile of garbage against Detroit? The thumb was fine fanboy. Aaron for the most part, doesn't show up in big games, over the last 10 years.

Aaron your idol has never done any wrong and would have won the Super Bowl every year if it wasn't for everyone else. He is god.🤣

Have a good day fanboy! Good luck watching the Jets this year!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

30 May 2023 08:30
bud fox wrote:

Not true, but ok. Please post some meaningless stats from first season starting QBs that you think supports your claim that first year starting QBs are never as good as the crap show Aaron put on last season. Aaron and the Pack didn't make the playoffs. Off the top of my head, I could name 5 first season as the starter QBs that did. Aaron didn't even show up in a must win against the Lions. And no, your precious Aaron's thumb was not broken the final week of the season. Please save the thumb excuse for why he sucked last year.

Love Aaron and respect his career, but so sick of you Aaron fanboys defending him. He is a huge reason why the Packers never got a Lombardi in the past 4 years. Great coaching staff and better than good rosters for 4 years. The Defense sucked you say? Another false excuse. Did the defense lose that NFC Champ game at home to Tampa? Nope, Aaron did. Did the defense lose to San Fran at home in the divisional round in 2021? Nope, Aaron did. No passing TDs and one rushing TD by AJ Dillon. Thank god the J-Love era is here!
2022 Rodgers outplayed Jimmy. Our off outscored 49ers off. Special teams was a mess.

You are just wrong. You think a broken thumb on your throwing hand is a problem? You don't think the worst receiving group in the league is a problem.
LOL. You really feel Aaron's thumb was still broke in the final week of the season when he looked like a complete pile of garbage against Detroit? The thumb was fine fanboy. Aaron for the most part, doesn't show up in big games, over the last 10 years.

Aaron your idol has never done any wrong and would have won the Super Bowl every year if it wasn't for everyone else. He is god.🤣

Welcome back 3 profile mike
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Drj820 wrote:
30 May 2023 09:08
bud fox wrote:

Welcome back 3 profile mike
Dammit, it's Michael!

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

bud fox wrote:

it's not that Rodgers doesn't do stuff wrong at times, it's that he does more stuff right then anyone else, and coming here calling people names isn't going to work, thats also against policy, if I'am not allowed to call you a moron, a fool, then you don't get to call me or anyone here fanboy.

your just a jerk that bounces from forum to forum changing names and IP to re register again and over again, most here new you'd been here before, you fool no one.

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Yoop wrote:
30 May 2023 09:24
bud fox wrote:

it's not that Rodgers doesn't do stuff wrong at times, it's that he does more stuff right then anyone else.
Most of your post is gibberish and your personal issues I don't care to delve in to.

But that you think Aaron Rodgers did more right than anyone else last season is hilarious. That is true fanboy talk. So yes, I will use the term fanboy when I am referring to someone that is obviously an Aaron Rodgers fanboy.

I think Aaron is a top notch individual, and a heck of a QB over a large part of his career. I can at the same time state factually that he is a HUGE part of the reason the Packers didn't raise a Lombardi the past 4 years under LaFleur.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I think it is time for the mods to act.

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

TheSkeptic wrote:
30 May 2023 10:23
Does my knowledge intimidate you? Sad that you are taking time out of your day and openly lobbying for me to be banned for discussing the Packers.

I do hope things get better for you.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

30 May 2023 10:40
TheSkeptic wrote:
Does my knowledge intimidate you? Sad that you are taking time out of your day and openly lobbying for me to be banned for discussing the Packers.

I think he was more talking in general, considering the hostility in the last page.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Acrobat wrote:
30 May 2023 10:43
TheSkeptic wrote:

I think he was more talking in general, considering the hostility in the last page.
which you instigated, take your twin brother on a one way cruise &%$@ stirrer

JordanAlexanderLove
Reactions:

Acrobat wrote:
30 May 2023 10:38
This is a good read.

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-pac ... on-rodgers
The chemistry of the team will no doubt be tighter this season. I don't think Love needs to attempt to be everyones friend always though. He is going to need to get in some faces at times and demand things from his offense. There is a balance there that great QBs can navigate. I think J-Love will be fine in finding that balance. Tom Clements will help him with that as well.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

any rookie would be in awe with any big name QB at first, specially one as established as Rodgers.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
30 May 2023 10:46
Acrobat wrote:
30 May 2023 10:43

which you instigated, take your twin brother on a one way cruise &%$@ stirrer
Please leave me out of this. Thank you.