Packers @ Falcons GDT: Sunday Sep 17, 12:00pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I will ever-so-slightly adjust my expectations from ATL being a weak opponent to them being a tricky (but still pretty shaky) opponent. They have more good pieces than Chi did, coach is good, has them playing hard, schemes seem pretty exotic, etc.

But they have a distinct talent deficit compared to us, highly exploitable match-ups, their coach while good is far less experienced than ours, and the fans will be a non-factor, possibly even a home crowd. And they are still the Failcons at the end of the day, so yeah.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
15 Sep 2023 16:52
I will ever-so-slightly adjust my expectations from ATL being a weak opponent to them being a tricky (but still pretty shaky) opponent. They have more good pieces than Chi did, coach is good, has them playing hard, schemes seem pretty exotic, etc.

But they have a distinct talent deficit compared to us, highly exploitable match-ups, their coach while good is far less experienced than ours, and the fans will be a non-factor, possibly even a home crowd. And they are still the Failcons at the end of the day, so yeah.
If Love sucks and can’t handle the pressure we probably lose… so my prediction is we win fairly easily.

I don’t see other match ups that will change the course of the game other than that one.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I still don’t believe in either of these teams but I believe the Packers have way more stars. To me though it really comes down to Jones or Watson playing. The Packers need one of them to be that game breaker.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

So is Bakh going to refuse to play on turf?

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
15 Sep 2023 19:21
Good question

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

Dairyland_in_Dixie wrote:
14 Sep 2023 12:05
I can’t wait to be there! Since I live in Alabama, it’s hard to get to any games other than those in Atlanta. Let’s go in there and dominate.
Have fun! Represent!

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Labrev wrote:

Plus, OUR HC is finally learning how to use his own playbook.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Scott4Pack wrote:
15 Sep 2023 20:45
Labrev wrote:

Plus, OUR HC is finally learning how to use his own playbook.

:-)
:clap:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
15 Sep 2023 19:40
Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Good question
MLF said he’ll probably be listed as questionable all season so this might just be a change in injury reporting process not anything related to this specific game

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

Patrick Taylor is being activated for tomorrow. Maybe that means that Jones doesn’t play?

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Sep 2023 13:43
Patrick Taylor is being activated for tomorrow. Maybe that means that Jones doesn’t play?
That tells us Jones won't play.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
16 Sep 2023 14:57
Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Sep 2023 13:43
That tells us Jones won't play.
Patrick Taylor was activated last week too…

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I would rest Jones. It is scary how dependent we are of Jones, but it’s real early in the year. We need to let him get back to 100%. Plus…I think many are overrating the falcons after they beat a terrible team.

It will be much closer without Jones, but we should absolutely beat them. We have better players across the board, and the defense should get us to a win either way. Plus, Dillon is a second round pick…I’d like to see him earn that draft position. And I think he will do that while getting majority of the work laid.

I hope Jones sits, and we should still expect to win.

Their qb sucks and whipping the panthers is not impressive
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
Wish his wage reflected that decision to abandon his team on days they play on turf

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

If Jones can play, he should play. We pay these guys millions (sometimes MILLIONS) of dollars. They should play every week that they can and even a few when they cannot. It’s professional football.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Scott4Pack wrote:
16 Sep 2023 17:07
If Jones can play, he should play. We pay these guys millions (sometimes MILLIONS) of dollars. They should play every week that they can and even a few when they cannot. It’s professional football.
Appreciate the old school mentality, but football is a physical game and it’s only week 2. My desire for him to sit in not rooted in just giving the man a day to eat snacks and drink cola, it’s so this issue doesn’t linger and he can be in better condition for more important battles ahead

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

It’s absolutely wild how much talk there is of resting players for a regular season game in a year in which our expectations were barely playoffs ten days ago

Just bizarre

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That said, Schefter says it's unlikley that Jones and Watson play.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

YoHoChecko wrote:
17 Sep 2023 01:52
That said, Schefter says it's unlikley that Jones and Watson play.
Wilson, Reed and Musgrave time!

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

I dont think it was anything official, but did read Watson and Jones are being held out this game. Bad news, Jones made our offense go last week. no Jones I'm assuming we are all in much more subdued moods after last week.

Good news, Dillon seems to be asleep some games and then comes on stronger. He's better than what he looked last week. Blocking didn't help on some plays, some plays he just didn't get there. But i think he'll be better this week. and P.Titties and Wilson have my confidence they can hang on to, and move the ball respectably.

We're going to miss big play potential without Jones, so play like the goal, no mistakes, hang to the ball, and good defense. It is a pretty time tested recipe to winning in the NFL. This team still has the horses to win this and a lot of other games.