Week 7 Post-Game: Broncos 19 Packers 17

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

CWIMM
Reactions:

Post by CWIMM »

go pak go wrote:
22 Oct 2023 18:55
But MLF, Gute and Rodgers also assmebled great teams and good moves 2019 - 2021 until they got burned in the postseason.
Most likely, Rodgers covered up for a lot of issues during those seasons like he did for most of his career in Green Bay.
go pak go wrote:
23 Oct 2023 09:47
It is a long season. String a couple of wins together and suddenly people have playoffs on the mind again.
It wasn't realistic to expect the Packers to make the playoffs entering the season. And it's definitely not at this point after losing to the Raiders and Broncos coming off byes.
Labrev wrote:
23 Oct 2023 10:00
MLF did a fantastic job coming in in 2019 and righting ship. I am seeing infighting from fans about how our season thus far does or does not vindicate Rodgers, and the response against is how Rodgers was not good last year. Forget that; Rodgers was not good in 2019. He was not *bad* that year mind you, he simply was giving us middle-of-the-road QB play. MLF did not simply turn that into a winning record, he turned it one of the best W/L records in the league.
While Rodgers struggled with his completion percentage in 2019 he threw only four interceptions all season long.

Adams wasn't an elite receiver that season either as he didn't even finished with 1,000 receiving yards. Actually the Packers did much better in the four games he missed, scoring 32.5 points per game in those contests compared to only 20.5 points in the 12 games he played.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jon Runyan Jr’s dad just suspended Kareem Jackson 4 games without pay for that hit.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 07:05
Jon Runyan Jr’s dad just suspended Kareem Jackson 4 games without pay for that hit.

Apparently he was ejected from a game earlier this year for the same thing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Pckfn23 wrote:
24 Oct 2023 09:50
So in summary:

Sound concept vs. that defense
Sound read
Kraft maybe too slow, or not deep enough, to move the safety
Bad throw/accuracy
Bad effort by Toure
Dillon a really late option, and even then only for ~8 yards
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

PFF Grades:
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... s-broncos/

Top 5 O: Tom 84.1, Wicks 77.5, Jones 75.3, Dillon 70.2, JRJ 66.5 (that order)

Top 5 D: Enegbare 85.2, Gary 82.5, Ford 69.7, Wyatt 69.1, Wooden 64.3.

Bottom O: basically the rest of the OL, Deguara, Watson.
Bottom D: ehh go look this is too hard to do on my phone lol
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

I managed to get to the game, despite my wife getting covid. Took my grand-daughter and brother-in-law. I won't share a big report now. But I will give a BIG highlight.

My grand-daughter has always been a huge Aaron Jones fan. He is absolutely her fave player ever. (I put him top five on my list.) We got into the bowl while the players were warming up. As our tickets were section 110, in row 5, we were very close to that area. Jones and Dillon were warming up and then they went directly behind the goal posts where a couple of fans had some awesome sombreros, like Jones wears.

After that they came to our area. My G-daughter (15 years old) missed the opportunity to chat with Jones and he walked back to the EZ to stretch more. Good thing is that he came back! We found out later that his mom was in that area, so that's likely why. When he came back, my g-daughter managed to wiggle between many others to get to Jones. She asked for a selfie with him. And he obliged!

Now, she has a selfie with her fave player ever. And the game hadn't even begun. As it turns out, Jones mom is also in the picture, right next to her.

Her day was max'd out from the beginning. And I got the bonus of seeing her on what is probably her happiest day ever and being part of it. That's a good day.
:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Oct 2023 09:40
Am getting pretty disappointed in Watson last few games. Just looks very uninterested, low effort. Every motion is just like a slow walk. Not sure where his head is right now, but he needs to show up every snap.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Broncos beat Chiefs by 15. So clearly the Packers are better than the Chiefs by losing by much less.