Will Rodgers have his number retired?

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Because he was one of the greatest players of his time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Canadeo
RIP JustJeff

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

paco wrote:
04 Mar 2022 21:52
Because he was one of the greatest players of his time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Canadeo
Really no better than Paul Hornung's or Jimmy Taylor's credentials. Both Hornung and Taylor were one of the greatest players of their time as well. Credentials in terms off All-Pro selections, All-Decade team selections. Not to mention their MVP awards. Don't know if the NFL had MVP awards in the 1940s.

If one's gonna put Canadeo's #3 up there....then one should put Jimmy Taylor's #31 and Paul Hornung's #5 up there as well. This is ridiculous! :swear:

Here's Tony Canadeo's 1950 Bowman football card. GO PACK GO!

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

British wrote:
05 May 2020 12:42
NCF wrote:
05 May 2020 12:28
Captain_Ben wrote:
05 May 2020 12:19
What would the "no" argument be? Maybe that more iconic Packer names/players don't have their numbers retired? I've never seen a better QB in any NFL season in my life than 2011 Aaron Rodgers.
Yeah, there is no "no" argument.
What about if he signed for the Bears and won them two Superbowls?
That'll never happen. According to a lot of folks he'll never win another ring for us so why would he do so elsewhere? ;)

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

TheGreenMan wrote:
06 May 2020 18:00
NCF wrote:
05 May 2020 12:45
British wrote:
05 May 2020 12:42

What about if he signed for the Bears and won them two Superbowls?
Much like Favre did with the Vikings, after a certain amount of time, I would say completely irrelevant... although, I do have to admit, it would have left more of a "forever sting" if the Favre Vikings had won a Super Bowl.
Still blows my mind that people are still so butt hurt over Favre going to Minny.
It is mainly because Favre wanted to go to MN back then to stick it to the Packers.