Here's Johnny Week 12

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
24 Nov 2023 13:36
go pak go wrote:
24 Nov 2023 13:06
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Nov 2023 10:14
Easily Watson. He had his best game of the season and set the tone bailing out a really bad pass and was the driving force on our first two drives. He could have scored another to seal the game but Love couldn’t get it to him.

Love played well but I think people are coming around to him where everyone was down on Watson.
We don't need to be disingenuous about Love.

He had two negative plays in my eyes. 1 was decision making and the other was accuracy. Both ended up completions.

The negative decision was the throw across the field to Heath on 2nd and long. He had AJ Dillon on an easy dump off to get 8 yards. I think the Heath ball ended up like for 10 yards but the throw itself was stupid good.

The negative accuracy ball was the first play of the game. The arm was good (it was like a 60/61 air yard pass but he just threw it too late. It would have been a score had he thrown it earlier.

All in all though, this was elite play.

There were questions about Jordan coming into November. Serious questions. Even I said 4 weeks ago that I don't know if he is our guy.

He is our guy. He is our guy to build around and that alone has me voting for Love. I can't not vote for him after his best game in his NFL career.
I appreciate that Love had a great game, but how high above expectation was his performance? To me, he exceeded expectations but not by a long shot.

Owens, though…I mean woah! Dude was straight up ballin’ yesterday as a last gasp bench fill-in player. He blew his expectations out of the park!
Agreed. Owens is VERY deserving.

Crazy how a couple weeks ago we couldn't think of anyone to win this award vs MN and now we have 5 players/groups who have a ridiculous case to get the nod.

This is way more fun. 8-)
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

APB wrote:
24 Nov 2023 13:33
Pugger wrote:
24 Nov 2023 12:13
MLF gave a game ball to Gary in the locker room after the game so perhaps we should vote for Gary too?
This contest prize isn’t awarded based on the same criteria.
But wasn't there a question he wouldn't play or am I thinking of someone else...?

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I lost my phone, and along it my internet, so sorry for not being able to post candidates. :|

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

After thinking it over, I am going to vote Love. He has had better games statistically so he did not overachieve in that respect (although it was close to it while being against a much stronger defense), but like... did you SEE that &%$@?? He was just unbelievable.

Up to this point, a lot of us were not sure if he's our QBotF. No game shut up his doubters more than this one did.

**edit** In terms of !@#$ heat, Love's stream was VOLCANIC :twisted: :kaboom:

Honorable mention Gary. Yeah I know he's elite and the expectation is high. In fact, he had a hat trick sack game once before. Still, he topped that with the two forced fumbles. Turnovers were crucial to beating DET with our backup-heavy squad.

I still remember how awesome it was to watch Zadarius Smith in 2019 absolutely wreck the Vikings in their home. I have been waiting so long to see another such performance. I feel like I finally got to see it.
Last edited by Labrev on 25 Nov 2023 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I can't vote for Watson. OL did a nice job but in pass-pro but still sucks at run blocking. Owens had a nice game but I was not as down on him as a lot of people here were. I feel like a fumble recovery return is more of a piggyback on a play than the true making of the play. I feel like he should have stopped that last Lions TD as well. Good game by him though.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I got my internet back!

Candidates for your consideration:

lupe ------------------- TE Kraft
salmar ---------------- RB Dillon
Amish ----------------- RB Wilson
lulu -------------------- ILB Walker
paco ------------------- CB Valentine
APB -------------------- TE Sims
Ringo ------------------ K Anders
Bogey ----------------- DB Nixon
Yoop ------------------- S Owens
packman114 ---------- DL Slaton
Labrev ----------------- WR Watson
Pckfn23 --------------- RB Robinson
MY_TAKE -------------- WR Doubs
Crazylex Starx ------- WR Reed
Packfntk -------------- QB Love
Cdragon -------------- OL
BF004 ----------------- S Johnson Jr.
go pak go ------------- RB Taylor
Pugger ---------------- OLB Smith
Madcity --------------- OLB Gary
lake shark ------------ ILB McDuffie

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yeah staying Watson as my vote. He was being written off by a lot of fans and rightfully so. He was an overall disappointment up to this game.

He came out and called out with a lot of yards left on the field because of some mis fires and that should have been DPI on him. Overall he carried the offense early in the game I felt. He set the standard for the game right away by giving two defenders the Moss juice.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

lupedafiasco wrote:
26 Nov 2023 21:22
Yeah staying Watson as my vote. He was being written off by a lot of fans and rightfully so. He was an overall disappointment up to this game.

He came out and called out with a lot of yards left on the field because of some mis fires and that should have been DPI on him. Overall he carried the offense early in the game I felt. He set the standard for the game right away by giving two defenders the Moss juice.
I'd vote Gary if I could, but I'm going to vote OL. 0 sacks allowed and allowed love to shine.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

After sitting on this, I think Owens was such an underdog pick, I'll have to go with him.

Honorable mentions all around!