Packers Vikings Post Game 33-10

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Now what

SB Champs
19%
Conference Champs
5%
Divisional Champs
10%
Wild card champs
43%
We want the ball and we gon lose
19%
Top 17 draft pick
5%

Total votes: 21

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Tucker Kraft 1 v 1 against Danielle Hunter. Hunter is no slouch.

Impressive stuff.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Thing.
Of.
Beauty.

Reed = Dawg

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

More Tucker Kraft 1 v 1 blocking, this time against S Harrison Smith.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
01 Jan 2024 17:14
More Tucker Kraft 1 v 1 blocking, this time against S Harrison Smith.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Baldinger sounds….I dunno….impressed? :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 16:15
go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:26
Yoop wrote:
01 Jan 2024 10:17

Alexander isn't a captain this season for the same reason Z wasn't, if your on IR for a year, ya don't get to be a captain when ya come back, least not under Lafleur, and thats how it should be.

Alexander has been hurt most of the season, or he'd have been a bigger part of the defense, also Barry used a lot of man at boundary last night, so Alex would have been happy about that.
Couple of things.

1. In 2021, the players select the captains. Not MLF. The players didn't select Z.

2. MLF wouldn't withhold making Alexander a captain for 2023 due to injury becuase Jaw didn't get hurt until going into Week 3. So he would have been fine at TC.

3. The Packers are back to their usual Captial selection process which is a rotating process. The Packers select new captains each week which is why we don't see the "C" Patch this year. We will for the postseason though because it is a rule to select Captains for the entirety of the playoffs. Again. That is selected by the Players. Not the Coaches.
your right, I forgot about that :thwap: so basically the players didn't think either Z or Jaire where there type of leaders, to tough :)
Half way there.

The players passed on Z in 2021.

But this year I don't think the players pick the captains because it is a rolling captain every game. There are 17 games. Three captains per game. So everyone at some point is a captain. You remember the Rodgers photo bombs? Notice how the captains were no namers?

That's because everone is a captain at some point in the season. The whole Jaire feeling snubbed isn't the coaches fault. All Jaw literally had to do was say "hey this is my home town. Can I be captain?"

I am positive they would have obliged because again. 17 games. 3 captains. Everyone is a captain at some point. Some more than once.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 08:09
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:34

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha
I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

Honestly the earlier it happens the better.
If we could get a guarantee that Barry was gone no matter what, i would not mind the D looking competent the rest of the season while Jordan Love and the offense continues to shine.

it might be nice to give the defensive players some momentum heading into 2024 and provide some optimism that with better coaching/a better scheme the D can become and asset rather than a liability.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

LombardiTime wrote:
01 Jan 2024 20:43
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Jan 2024 07:34

Though I also want that high-IQ athletic DB from Iowa and a DC that can move him around to different spots to maximize his effectiveness... so maybe I do care a little about draft stock, haha
I still think our best long term outcome for the Packers is Love and the offense looks great but our defense sh*ts the bed and allows the opponent to put up 37+ points to end our season.

If we could get a guarantee that Barry was gone no matter what, i would not mind the D looking competent the rest of the season while Jordan Love and the offense continues to shine.

it might be nice to give the defensive players some momentum heading into 2024 and provide some optimism that with better coaching/a better scheme the D can become and asset rather than a liability.
An additional downside of extending your season into late January is you are behind the other teams who's seasons are over and are recruiting and interviewing their coaching staffs.

that's a big reason why we ended up with Barry. There was nobody left.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote:
01 Jan 2024 20:48
LombardiTime wrote:
go pak go wrote:

An additional downside of extending your season into late January is you are behind the other teams who's seasons are over and are recruiting and interviewing their coaching staffs.

I don’t subscribe to that thought at all. There were other candidates available, MLF chose Barry.
LaFleur interviewed at least nine candidates to replace Pettine. According to sources, he interviewed Barry, Leonhard, Jerry Gray (Packers defensive backs coach), Chris Kiffin (Browns defensive line coach), Ryan Nielson (Saints defensive line coach/assistant head coach), Matt Burke (Eagles defensive line/run game coordinator), Chris Harris (Washington defensive backs coach), Ejiro Evero (Rams safeties coach) and Bob Sutton (Falcons senior assistant).

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Kraft is the man. For the first time since like jermichael I’m super stoked about the TE room.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
LombardiTime wrote:
go pak go wrote:

There were tons of better candidates left.

Super Bowl teams have a long list of guys that leave every year to promotions with other orgs. There is plenty of time to sort out replacements. Not a reason to not want to go deep in the playoffs at all. I’m shocked you would be thinking of draft position instead of hoping for a playoff run.

I don’t think this is a Super Bowl contending team this year, but they can absolutely beat Dallas (we just kinda own them), Detroit (already have), and philly (they are in free fall).

Now we better hope half the niners catch the flu or hammys, but the field is wide open enough to not be worried about draft selection if we were to get in
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
02 Jan 2024 07:25
go pak go wrote:
LombardiTime wrote:

There were tons of better candidates left.

Super Bowl teams have a long list of guys that leave every year to promotions with other orgs. There is plenty of time to sort out replacements. Not a reason to not want to go deep in the playoffs at all. I’m shocked you would be thinking of draft position instead of hoping for a playoff run.

I don’t think this is a Super Bowl contending team this year, but they can absolutely beat Dallas (we just kinda own them), Detroit (already have), and philly (they are in free fall).

Now we better hope half the niners catch the flu or hammys, but the field is wide open enough to not be worried about draft selection if we were to get in
Our most likely path is DAL, SF, and then whatever to the NFC Title game.

I like this path. Play the hard teams early.
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
they can absolutely beat Dallas (we just kinda own them)
We owned them with Rodgers, even before MLF became coach. It remains to be seen if we own them with Love/MLF.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I realize he is up there in years, but I almost didn't even realize Harrison Smith was on the field Sunday night. Smith was always a Rodgers torturer. Don't know if that is another feather in Jordan's cap or just a really sad regression to Smith's abilities in the twilight of his career, but just a random observation.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Labrev wrote:
02 Jan 2024 09:37
Drj820 wrote:
they can absolutely beat Dallas (we just kinda own them)
We owned them with Rodgers, even before MLF became coach. It remains to be seen if we own them with Love/MLF.
True, but we DO have someone that has also been a quasi-owner of the house that Jerry built.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Love will own everyone.

He may stink against you the first time. But he learns by the 2nd game and absolutely crushes you.

What he did vs Detroit and then vs MN on the 2nd game is unbelieavable. Heck against Spagnola and the Chiefs. Dude learns his lessons so fast.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NCF wrote:
02 Jan 2024 09:39
I realize he is up there in years, but I almost didn't even realize Harrison Smith was on the field Sunday night. Smith was always a Rodgers torturer. Don't know if that is another feather in Jordan's cap or just a really sad regression to Smith's abilities in the twilight of his career, but just a random observation.
Based on what I read on the Vikings forum the other day, it's age regression catching up to Smith and it wasn't just against Love. He's been a liability beginning last year and it's really showing itself this year. [mention]Raptorman[/mention] could probably speak better to his play than any of us but I think even we can see his better days are behind him. Great player in his prime but he, too, is losing the contest against age.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

That Reed TD over the middle honest to god to likes Rodgers. The way he just flipped his whole body to zing it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Speaking of Reed - any news on his chest injury?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Pugger wrote:
02 Jan 2024 11:23
Speaking of Reed - any news on his chest injury?
He was trying to get back into the game so I assume it will be ok.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."