Jordan Freaking Love

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:24
Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 06:53
YoHoChecko wrote:
08 Jan 2024 06:46
Love finished the year

7th in passing yards
2nd in passing TDs
12th in passer rating
9th in QBR

That’s a top ten QB in the league year one.

Consistency, maintaining, improving on some little things, etc. need to continue, of course. You never “arrive.” You must always improve. And he’s not more that Kirk Cousins or Justin Herbert yet.

But dang that was better than I expected
I still believe if he'd have had several journeyman receivers a more healthy Jones and a little better pass pro, what we now see from Love would have happened earlier in the season, jmo, however I didn't expect this level of play either, specially what we saw yesterday, wow
I wouldn't change a damn thing. Keep those washed up receivers off my team.
this was a 12 win team with a better start at receiver and OL, and it would have been even better if it had a healthy Watson for most of the season as well

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:30
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I still believe if he'd have had several journeyman receivers a more healthy Jones and a little better pass pro, what we now see from Love would have happened earlier in the season, jmo, however I didn't expect this level of play either, specially what we saw yesterday, wow
this was a 12 win team with a better start at receiver and OL, and it would have been even better if it had a healthy Watson for most of the season as well
We deserve the record and seeding we have. We lost two games in December to teams we should have beat and nearly lost a 3rd game.

In fact, we are a missed Saints FG or Chargers drop away from not making the show. We are an inconsistent and young team who can beat anyone and lose to anyone. It's part of the growing pains.

But it's' our team and I love them. BG assembled a fantastic football team.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Those journeyman receivers would have only taken snaps from guys like Wicks and Melton thus slowing their growth toward our actual future receiving corps. No thanks.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 07:48
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

We deserve the record and seeding we have. We lost two games in December to teams we should have beat and nearly lost a 3rd game.

In fact, we are a missed Saints FG or Chargers drop away from not making the show. We are an inconsistent and young team who can beat anyone and lose to anyone. It's part of the growing pains.

But it's' our team and I love them. BG assembled a fantastic football team.
This. We got some breaks and evened out the stinkers but overall we earned our spot in the playoffs by really gelling at the right time. These last 2 weeks with our backs against the wall is such a huge testament to the mental toughness of this collective young team. MLF should be considered for Coach Of The Year, no doubt.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

blah blah blah, this team would have a better record, all the rookie receivers would have done just as well, Love would be just as good, our defense layed a egg for most of the season, the OL took time to gel up, and these rookie receivers did too.

true where happy to be where we are, but we would /should have had a 12 win season.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

I'm not so certain of that. Perhaps the reason for the inaccuracies and misses in the first half of the season wasn't so much because the rookie receivers needed experience (though that would have been part of it) but because Love and his receivers - whoever they may be - weren't yet on the same page.

And further, if we had had an experienced receiver, would Love have gone to him first and would that have stunted the growth in the current offence chemistry?

We can never be sure what would have happened, but bearing in mind where we are now, I wouldn't change the first half of the season in hopes of improving the end result. If the second half of the season had been like the first, then yes. But in view of what the second half of the season was like, then no.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 08:51
blah blah blah, this team would have a better record, all the rookie receivers would have done just as well, Love would be just as good, our defense layed a egg for most of the season, the OL took time to gel up, and these rookie receivers did too.

true where happy to be where we are, but we would /should have had a 12 win season.
Is that what this is? You getting to say you were right on your win prediction?

:lol:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
08 Jan 2024 09:16
Yoop wrote:

of course that too, but I actually believe I'am right :lol:

Rodgers had go to receiver Driver, and upstart Jennings, that never stopped him from spreading the ball around, imo if a team has one great and also a bunch of very good, all will get targeted throws, that's also part of the coaching job to make sure that happens.

what we saw with Adams and Rodgers was a result of the steep drop off to the rest of the receivers, and there inability to be open on schedule, or actually ever being open.

everyone has growing pains, better supporting cast imo lessons some of that.

I think the same for some of these comments where others are saying we are right where we are suppose to be, I think most of those posters predicted less wins, even less then we actually have :rotf:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

I'm interested to hear your list of receivers you want to not be a Packer to make room for your vet WR.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 09:42
APB wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Rodgers had go to receiver Driver, and upstart Jennings, that never stopped him from spreading the ball around, imo if a team has one great and also a bunch of very good, all will get targeted throws, that's also part of the coaching job to make sure that happens.

what we saw with Adams and Rodgers was a result of the steep drop off to the rest of the receivers, and there inability to be open on schedule, or actually ever being open.

I think the same for some of these comments where others are saying we are right where we are suppose to be, I think most of those posters predicted less wins, even less then we actually have :rotf:
Keep your washed up pet topic out of my thread. :nono:
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:09
Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 09:42
APB wrote:

Keep your washed up pet topic out of my thread. :nono:
my team, my thread, to funny, this is also my thread, my forum and sure as hell my team as well, and you and others predicted we wouldn't even get this far, me, I expected this right from the start. yes, yes, and it would have been even better with the issues I mentioned :aok:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:08
Yoop wrote:

I'm interested to hear your list of receivers you want to not be a Packer to make room for your vet WR.
just guess, obviously Dubois and Touri top that list, we had room for several established vets, nuff said.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:19
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

just guess, obviously Dubois and Touri top that list, we had room for several established vets, nuff said.
Dubose wasn't on the roster...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

If your list of complaints about how Gute handled the WR position is Toure being our opening day #6 player instead of a vet....I think he did a pretty darned good job. :aok:

In fact. Down right amazing job
Yoop wrote:

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Only so many WRs can play at a time. So what veteran WRs would you have signed that would have played instead of Wicks, Reed or Melton? Wicks and Reed improved a great deal as the season went on because they were able to play and learn. This would not have happened with veterans taking away their snaps. This is a young team that NEEDED to play together and learn together.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

williewasgreat wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:31
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Only so many WRs can play at a time. So what veteran WRs would you have signed that would have played instead of Wicks, Reed or Melton? Wicks and Reed improved a great deal as the season went on because they were able to play and learn. This would not have happened with veterans taking away their snaps. This is a young team that NEEDED to play together and learn together.
why do I have to come up with names? these young receivers would have still been able to accomplish what they did if we had had a couple vets that didn't drop passes or run the wrong routes, couple that with a makeshift OL which didn't provide a lot of protection to start the season, and we could have won a couple more games, but obviously thats not for sure, as it took most of the season for Barry to support our offense.

again have vets didn't hurt the younger receivers in 08

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

It is a miracle how many of these young receivers are looking like they can contribute in this league.

The question is: Did Gutey just hit homeruns and go on an iconic run in the draft?

Or did Rodgers actively hurt the development of young receivers forcing them to think about crap that doesnt have to do with catching the ball: like hand signals, perfect routes, poor body language, and having to "earn trust" before you will get the ball?

I think the evironment Love is providing for these guys to grow is a big part of it.

Gute also looks like he found some dogs.

Heck ya.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:29
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

If your list of complaints about how Gute handled the WR position is Toure being our opening day #6 player instead of a vet....I think he did a pretty darned good job. :aok:

NO, my complaint is starting the season minus any real experience at the position, again, our WR's ran wrong routes and dropped a ton of passes, it was derailing Loves initial season, add in the porus OL and it could have ruined him, just as it does for soooooo many rookie or first year QB's, that you want to discount those real possibilities is disingenuous simply based on that it didn't happen :lol:

and nothing I just said takes away from the growth we saw with the group or with the way they where coached up, it concerns how we started not how we finished.

I wont let you or any of your posse strip me of the joy I feel for this team, simply because you accept the way our GM set up this roster.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
08 Jan 2024 11:09
go pak go wrote:
08 Jan 2024 10:29
Yoop wrote:

NO, my complaint is starting the season minus any real experience at the position, again, our WR's ran wrong routes and dropped a ton of passes, it was derailing Loves initial season, add in the porus OL and it could have ruined him, just as it does for soooooo many rookie or first year QB's, that you want to discount those real possibilities is disingenuous simply based on that it didn't happen :lol:

and nothing I just said takes away from the growth we saw with the group or with the way they where coached up, it concerns how we started not how we finished.

I wont let you or any of your posse strip me of the joy I feel for this team, simply because you accept the way our GM set up this roster.
In my eyes, its a miracle the receiver room seemed to improve all year and not totally implode.

Its a miracle they got better without any vets to guide them,

but hey..the miracle happened. It worked. And so its absolutely best those guys got the most reps. No need to complain now.

Time to just be shocked it worked, admit we were wrong, and tip the cap to "the plan"

We made the freakin playoffs
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23