Great Season! Greater next year!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
23 Jan 2024 15:47
Caleb Jones is 100% back next year and I can see the team trying to make him their next swing tackle. I think you can get by with him in that role as long as you dont have any season enders at OT.
God I hope not. Next season will be his 3rd. 2 full seasons. Zero to show.

This is the only video I can find on him:

Tall and fat and soft

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I’d take 3 OL again this draft.

Get someone to compete with Rhyan out of the gate, get swing tackle competition, and a third guy who can compete at RG and C as well in the coming years.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
26 Jan 2024 19:16
I’d take 3 OL again this draft.

Get someone to compete with Rhyan out of the gate, get swing tackle competition, and a third guy who can compete at RG and C as well in the coming years.
Perfect.

Exact.

Get it done.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

The Packers have the #25 pick. Consensus is that there is no safety with that value.

Not opposed to using that pick on an OT. Either as a swing tackle or to start him at RT and move Tom to RG or Center.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

TheSkeptic wrote:
27 Jan 2024 05:43
The Packers have the #25 pick. Consensus is that there is no safety with that value.

Not opposed to using that pick on an OT. Either as a swing tackle or to start him at RT and move Tom to RG or Center.
Putting at RT and moving Tom is the only way drafting OT makes sense. I would rather use a day 2 pick for G or C though instead of moving Tom.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

wallyuwl wrote:
27 Jan 2024 11:38
TheSkeptic wrote:

Putting at RT and moving Tom is the only way drafting OT makes sense. I would rather use a day 2 pick for G or C though instead of moving Tom.
I was on moving Tom to center and getting a RT but Tom down the stretch was too good. OTs are hard to find outside of early in the draft which is what’s incredible about having Bak, Walker, and Tom.

OT is extremely deep in this class. I can’t imagine Tom and his representation being ok with moving to a position that gets paid significantly less than OT.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Jan 2024 13:53
wallyuwl wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

I was on moving Tom to center and getting a RT but Tom down the stretch was too good. OTs are hard to find outside of early in the draft which is what’s incredible about having Bak, Walker, and Tom.

OT is extremely deep in this class. I can’t imagine Tom and his representation being ok with moving to a position that gets paid significantly less than OT.
The Packers would be fools to let Tom go wherever he plays. No reason why the Packers can't pay him RT salary. And they paid Jenkins so why not Tom?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
28 Jan 2024 06:46
lupedafiasco wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:

The Packers would be fools to let Tom go wherever he plays. No reason why the Packers can't pay him RT salary. And they paid Jenkins so why not Tom?
it's different, LG and RT makes about the same money, then RG, then center use to be the cheapest, LT makes the big money, unless you have a left handed QB, which would make the RT pissed off if he's not being payed like a LT, have you forgotten the Ken "snake" Stabler era of the blind side debate? :lol:

Tom will never play inside again, doesn't matter what the pre draft hype says concerning his ability at G/C, T with his abilities are just to hard to find, your looking at David Tausher quality Skeptic, why would we move him to a lesser OL position of importance? nahhhh

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Yoop wrote:
28 Jan 2024 08:53
TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

it's different, LG and RT makes about the same money, then RG, then center use to be the cheapest, LT makes the big money, unless you have a left handed QB, which would make the RT pissed off if he's not being payed like a LT, have you forgotten the Ken "snake" Stabler era of the blind side debate? :lol:

Tom will never play inside again, doesn't matter what the pre draft hype says concerning his ability at G/C, T with his abilities are just to hard to find, your looking at David Tausher quality Skeptic, why would we move him to a lesser OL position of importance? nahhhh
And what happens if the Packers draft a swing tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and he turns out to be David Bakhtiari 2.0 but is a true OT and not an interior lineman? Do you make him sit even though he is one of your 5 best Olinemen? Do you make Walker sit? I seriously doubt Walker can play guard or center. I thought the goal was to put the best 5 Olinemen on the field? Actually I think Tausher would have been just fine at RG had Brian Bulaga and Tauscher been the same age.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:11
Yoop wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

And what happens if the Packers draft a swing tackle in the 2nd or 3rd round and he turns out to be David Bakhtiari 2.0 but is a true OT and not an interior lineman? Do you make him sit even though he is one of your 5 best Olinemen? Do you make Walker sit? I seriously doubt Walker can play guard or center. I thought the goal was to put the best 5 Olinemen on the field? Actually I think Tausher would have been just fine at RG had Brian Bulaga and Tauscher been the same age.
For one thing, if Walker continues being good, it might difficult to see that the rookie is all that. He'd have to REALLY impress in TC and preseason because Walker would be getting the important snaps.

However, if the rook clearly outshines Walker, then Walker is clearly not one of your best two tackles (assuming we haven't mentioned Tom because he's the better T). If, as you indicate, Walker can't play inside, then he's also clearly not one of your best 5 OL. Situation solved.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
29 Jan 2024 11:11
Yoop wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

not sure I want to do the what if thing here, whatever, again why would we move Tausher or any other tackle inside just because we draft a college tackle, most of our OL picks are tackles and we convert them to there best position, most draft people thought Bulaga would be a better G then tackle, however since tackle is the most difficult position, or more important position Bulaga stayed at Tackle.

your trying to move players around it seems just to move them around, unless we bring in a highly rated T, or Walker stumbles, Toms isn't going anywhere, if we don't bring in a ready to play tackle, and Walker Stumbles, you can be sure Toms will be our LT, if Toms stumbles, sit by your phone, you could get a call :rotf:

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

TheSkeptic wrote:

When we trade back to the 2nd round, we will be closer to having the right value.

:-)
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!