Super Bowl LVIII

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who

Chiefs
35%
49ers
6%
Packers could beat both
29%
Fire LaCoach
6%
We got this next year
24%

Total votes: 17

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

The 2 best teams in the NFL this season were the Ravens and Chiefs. Both QBs were magicians.
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 11 Feb 2024 22:11, edited 1 time in total.

LombardiTime
Reactions:

Post by LombardiTime »

KC won today, as it did most of the season, due to: (1) Great defense, (2) Excellent Special Teams, and (3) an Awesome quarterback.

Here's hoping that under Hafley, the Pack are going to get serious about #1, because i think love is on his way to being at least a raally, really good QB.
Last edited by LombardiTime on 11 Feb 2024 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

LombardiTime wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:10
KC won today, as it did most of the season, due to: (1) Great defense, (2) Excellent Special Teams, and (3) an Awesome quarterback.

Here's hoping that under Halfley, the Pack are going to get serious about #1, because i think love is on his way to being at least a raally, really good QB.
I agree. The pressure's on the Packers defense.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wow. Pat Mahommes might have just risen to #2 GOAT.

And MVS does what MVS does in the playoffs. Just an incredible player in January. Also screwed up which is so MVS but the dude is Mr. January/February.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:00
The 2 best teams in the NFL this season were the Ravens and Chiefs. Both QBs were magicians.
offense wins championships

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

BF004 wrote:
11 Feb 2024 18:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
11 Feb 2024 18:42
What a missed opportunity. These teams are both &%$@.
49ers D by far the star of the show.

Other than a HaHa-eque play by SF safety on that deep ball; Chiefs would have like 30 yards right now.
But the 9ers D's star faded in OT.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Cdragon wrote:
11 Feb 2024 19:08
Trudge wrote:
11 Feb 2024 19:07
Cdragon wrote:
11 Feb 2024 18:51
About time for the kitten halftime show.
Don't like Usher? :lol:
I couldn't tell you one song of his. :rotf: Give me Tool and 3 Days Grace.
That was singing? I couldn't understand a word. The roller skates were cool tho...

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
11 Feb 2024 20:42
That blocked XP could be big!
That turnover on the punt was an even bigger deal. IMO that was the difference in the game. KC wasn't doing squat before that.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Two longest FG in SB history tonight. Maybe next season the Packers will get a kicker that could beat out a high school JV kid.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

wallyuwl wrote:
11 Feb 2024 23:31
Two longest FG in SB history tonight. Maybe next season the Packers will get a kicker that could beat out a high school JV kid.
The 49ers kicker is a rookie FOURTH round pick who was easily the third worst full time kicker in the league this year, ahead of our Anders and the Pats rookie draft pick.

They stuck with the talented big leg draft pick through his struggles and he nailed a 55- and 53-yarder tonight.

You might be learning the wrong lesson here

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:45
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Kind of a silly conclusion to draw from this year's playoffs and SuperBowl.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 06:54
Yoop wrote:
11 Feb 2024 22:45
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
Kind of a silly conclusion to draw from this year's playoffs and SuperBowl.
OK, mistakes lose championships, either way, last team with ball wins, offenses tend to play conservative, makes it look like defenses are ruling the game, till the game is on the line, then offenses pull out all stops, couple well designed plays and offense goes home with Lombardi, defense keeps ya in the game, offense wins it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lake shark wrote:
11 Feb 2024 21:57
Great game! Happy for the Chiefs and Mahomes. Also don’t mind wallowing in some 49er tears.
From a popular 49ers fan forum:
YoungtoRice wrote:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ScoutingBall:
I'll be honest. I don't want to call it "giving up" on the 49ers but this loss does have me questioning my future devotion to the game in general. It is just an absolute gut punch to lose in this manner. I'd rather lose by 14 or whatever in regulation and say we just got beat. I'm not the oracle but damn I saw this coming like a bad dream after not putting them away early. It sucks watching the game and knowing what's probably going to end up happening. My wife actually said the smartest thing tonight which was "do you even have fun watching this? It seems miserable for you." She couldn't be more right.

There are mistakes and blame to go around for everyone. McCaffrey fumbling on the opening drive while we were marching down the field was a killer. Purdy missed Aiyuk WIDE open for a long TD early in the game. This wasn't exactly Shanahan's best play calling clinic. Then add on Luted Jr. and Ray Ray gifting the Chiefs 7 points on the special teams turnover. Failing to convert 3rd and 5 after the two minute warning. I could go on and on.

It took all of those mistakes above for Mahomes to win this game and dammit it happened. He didn't play well at all for 80% or more of that game. He committed highway robbery tonight on national TV and we sat right there and let him do it.
I feel like i could have written this. My sentiments exactly. The pain of losing just is too hard and it makes the playoffs no fun to watch. I just had a bad feeling about the game but hoped we would somehow find a way to win. Sadness again
True. Nothing about today's game was fun for me. I was just getting pissed at all the commercials, the anthem, the half time show, Taylor Swift, and all the negative plays.
This is the same fanbase who wanted to blow up the entire coaching staff at halftime of the Packers game then were talking mad &%$@ after the win. Even moreso as the Detroit game played out. They are the most fickle, fair-weather, lame-ass crowd I can think of. Drinking in their tears this morning is a delicacy.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

APB wrote:
12 Feb 2024 07:11
lake shark wrote:
11 Feb 2024 21:57
Great game! Happy for the Chiefs and Mahomes. Also don’t mind wallowing in some 49er tears.
From a popular 49ers fan forum:
YoungtoRice wrote:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I feel like i could have written this. My sentiments exactly. The pain of losing just is too hard and it makes the playoffs no fun to watch. I just had a bad feeling about the game but hoped we would somehow find a way to win. Sadness again
True. Nothing about today's game was fun for me. I was just getting pissed at all the commercials, the anthem, the half time show, Taylor Swift, and all the negative plays.
This is the same fanbase who wanted to blow up the entire coaching staff at halftime of the Packers game then were talking mad &%$@ after the win. Even moreso as the Detroit game played out. They are the most fickle, fair-weather, lame-ass crowd I can think of. Drinking in their tears this morning is a delicacy.
Yeah. My take away too is that there is always some other team (unless you are a fan of Mahommes or Brady) that fan bases are jealous of.

I remember not too long ago how Packers fans b*tched and moaned about how much better the 49ers front office is compared to ours.

And yet they have the exact same number of rings as as we do the last decade. This is a brutal game and a brutal league. Especially when your definition of success is a Lombardi.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

one thing seems obvious to me, we are just as good as both these teams, maybe better, at the mistake making part anyway, our offense can beat both of these defenses.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

The bad news is SF's window remains open during the same span as ours is open: their QB is still dirt cheap for two more seasons, so they can and likely will keep going after top talent, and even when he gets paid, the roster losses probably won't be too bad for the first few years. We cannot rely on them imploding; we need to find a way to beat these guys, or to get lucky and avoid facing them in the playoffs somehow.

We kinda need to go into the offseason with that mentality: beat SF, make the SB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Labrev wrote:
12 Feb 2024 08:10
The bad news is SF's window remains open during the same span as ours is open: their QB is still dirt cheap for two more seasons, so they can and likely will keep going after top talent, and even when he gets paid, the roster losses probably won't be too bad for the first few years. We cannot rely on them imploding; we need to find a way to beat these guys, or to get lucky and avoid facing them in the playoffs somehow.

We kinda need to go into the offseason with that mentality: beat SF, make the SB.
I think we're the better team already. Had them beat in their house after they had a week's rest, just couldn't close the deal.

They will be our main competition these next few years (along w/Detroit) but I feel very good about the direction this rivalry is likely headed.

Purdy ain't it, Love is. Bring it.

musclestang
Reactions:

Post by musclestang »

Lots can happen in any season, but things for us are definitely looking up. They aren't there obviously, but I can see them being there. They need to clean things up. Fewer mistakes. They made way too many last year that always made things difficult. Understandable for a young team, but to grow, they need to clean it up and should. We have a couple positions that could be upgraded, but we have a core that can definitely get us there.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Fav moment for me, Travis Kelce running into Andy Reid, just Love that emotion, Kelce went on to make a huge difference in the outcome of the game, but that exchange with Reid was priceless. :lol:

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Feb 2024 23:48
wallyuwl wrote:
11 Feb 2024 23:31
The 49ers kicker is a rookie FOURTH round pick who was easily the third worst full time kicker in the league this year, ahead of our Anders and the Pats rookie draft pick.

They stuck with the talented big leg draft pick through his struggles and he nailed a 55- and 53-yarder tonight.

You might be learning the wrong lesson here
So you're saying he is better than Anders. And by using a higher pick on a more talented and consistent college player, the 49ers got better results. Got it.