Milwaukee Bucks

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Season already starts tomorrow against the Celtics, snuck up on ya there.

Anyone with some money to play with, Bucks record at 49.5 and +600 for a title.

They won 60 and 56 games the last two years. Gotta say I see them as better than a 49-23 team.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I think they may start a little slow due to all the changes. Going to take time to gel with Holiday, Portis, etc. But too much talent to stay down for long.
RIP JustJeff

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Wild that they are starting already, but good stuff. I would think they would finish with more wins than that but not sure how much money I would put on it.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Go Bucks.

Read More. Post Less.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Bucks in 6!!!
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Yuck.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, that last bank shot was pure luck.

Let’s get rolling mke

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Watching my first Bucks game of the season. Portis is tough to watch. Does the occasional good thing, but the rest is ugly.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
15 Jan 2021 20:19
Watching my first Bucks game of the season. Portis is tough to watch. Does the occasional good thing, but the rest is ugly.
I watched a little. They looked flat. Portis had played better. That was DJ Wilson-equse for a bit there.

Read More. Post Less.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Tuesday they are at the Nets and their disgusting Big 3.

Read More. Post Less.

Mazrimiv
Reactions:

Post by Mazrimiv »

Among the elite players, Harden, Kyrie and Durant are probably the three most dysfunctional personalities. It should be interesting to see how they mesh, so I'll actually be watching Nets games this season beyond just when they play the Bucks. If they gel as a "big 3" they are going to be very tough for anyone to beat.

As for the Bucks, they seem to be figuring some stuff out after the off-season roster turnover. Portis doesn't look terrible anymore, but I'm still not sure where Craig fits into the rotation. I think most Bucks fans understand by now that you can only take so much from the regular season. Won't really know anything about this revised Bucks roster until the playoffs begin. That being said, I am confident that playoff Holiday will be a significant upgrade over playoff Bledsoe.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Mazrimiv wrote:
16 Jan 2021 10:17
Among the elite players, Harden, Kyrie and Durant are probably the three most dysfunctional personalities. It should be interesting to see how they mesh, so I'll actually be watching Nets games this season beyond just when they play the Bucks. If they gel as a "big 3" they are going to be very tough for anyone to beat.

As for the Bucks, they seem to be figuring some stuff out after the off-season roster turnover. Portis doesn't look terrible anymore, but I'm still not sure where Craig fits into the rotation. I think most Bucks fans understand by now that you can only take so much from the regular season. Won't really know anything about this revised Bucks roster until the playoffs begin. That being said, I am confident that playoff Holiday will be a significant upgrade over playoff Bledsoe.
I agree. Very much seems like they are working things out. Going to take a bit to see where all the pieces fit and get everyone to meld together. Took years for Giannis and Middleton to do it.

I already think Holiday is an upgrade. Portis has his upside. He's was great for a stretch, especially on the offensive boards. But needs to be more consistent and I think know what to do (was flailing and looked confused at times).

DiVincenzo, I'd like to see less of. I like watching Connaughton fly around getting boards. Giannis obviously not comfortable at the free throw line. Hopefully will work that out. You can tell when he feels good about a shot. Threw up a couple 3 points and long 2's that just looked awkward AF. But then he strokes one and it is beautiful. I think he gets frustrated and can't get out of his own head at times.

This is still one of the best teams in the league. Lotta ballgame left.
RIP JustJeff

TheGreenMan
Reactions:

Post by TheGreenMan »

Gotta close this thread until the other "Bucks(Bucs)" game is over. Too much bad juju here. :lol:
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

We're going to be OK.

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Bud needs to go, right? I don't watch religiously, but this team is wildly different game to game. Sometimes they are clearly one of the best and other times they don't even look like a playoff team.

I know nothing matters until the playoffs. But do they look like a team that is going to get over the hump this year?
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

I dunno man...let's see if they get it together and maybe. Gonna be tough.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I think our regular season expectation have gotten a little out of hand.

Currently the 3 seed and only 2 games out of 1 seed with best point differential in the conference by a decent margin.

We’ve already done the 1 seed. Just get to the playoffs healthy and hot.

No reason for concern right now.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I dunno. I think Bud is trying different things this season and seeing what does and doesn’t work. He’s fiddling with lineups and changing up plays. I think that is why we’re seeing some of the Jekyll and Hyde play this year. So long as they stay within reach of the top seed, I don’t think nightly winning is necessarily the goal, it’s finding what works best for when it really does matter. I expect the team will become more dialed in as the regular season draws to a close, make a successful push for the 1 seed, and (healthy roster willing) they’ll be one of the teams to beat come playoff time.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Kinda what I was getting at with the previous post:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/t ... :nba:teams